The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Quote from: Puckoon on December 14, 2015, 04:44:19 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on December 02, 2015, 04:43:57 PM
OK lets try this again in the right thread this time. I'm off to Orlando next year any recommendations on good courses that don't cost the earth when you take club hire into account? Any good apps?

Go to golfwrx.com and search the travel section. Should have some reasonable responses. Golf now.com is a good app.
Cheers

Orior

There is a lot of talk about a great year ahead between Spieth, Day and McIlroy.

Yesterday Spieth won a PGA tour event in Hawaii at 30 under. He also matched Woods by winning his seventh at the age of 23.

I can only see Spieth getting better. McIlroy will need to improve a helluva lot to catch Spieth and regain the number one spot, but I think that is very unlikely.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Applesisapples

Quote from: Orior on January 11, 2016, 01:02:47 PM
There is a lot of talk about a great year ahead between Spieth, Day and McIlroy.

Yesterday Spieth won a PGA tour event in Hawaii at 30 under. He also matched Woods by winning his seventh at the age of 23.

I can only see Spieth getting better. McIlroy will need to improve a helluva lot to catch Spieth and regain the number one spot, but I think that is very unlikely.
Spieth's short game is unreal, his ability to recover from poor shots is also unmatched. His performance are all the more impressive because he lacks the length of Day, McIlroy and Watson.

mouview

Hard to disagree with that, and yet in spite of all evidence to the contrary, I still think Spieth is over-achieving and mining a current vein of very rich form. Rory, albeit critically a few years older, has won Majors by running away, by holding on and grinding it out and by coming from behind coming down the stretch. Spieth was very impressive in last year's Masters but was handed the US Open on a plate.

Spieth for sure a better putter, (and yes, you putt for dough), but in all other aspects Rory is miles ahead a better all-round player. Think he will reassert his dominance this year, especially when he has Spieth, Day etc. to spur him on.

leaveherinsir

Quote from: mouview on January 11, 2016, 04:52:40 PM
Hard to disagree with that, and yet in spite of all evidence to the contrary, I still think Spieth is over-achieving and mining a current vein of very rich form. Rory, albeit critically a few years older, has won Majors by running away, by holding on and grinding it out and by coming from behind coming down the stretch. Spieth was very impressive in last year's Masters but was handed the US Open on a plate.

Spieth for sure a better putter, (and yes, you putt for dough), but in all other aspects Rory is miles ahead a better all-round player. Think he will reassert his dominance this year, especially when he has Spieth, Day etc. to spur him on.
Early last year  i would have been of the opinion Speith was just on a bit of a hot  streak. But these only tend to last 3-4 weeks. He has been almost imperious for 12 months now. I dont think you can challenge his No 1 status currently. In my humble opinion Rory isnt teeing it up often enough in competitive golf. The likes of Speith Day Reed Watson seem to play more regularly. That said the nature of the modern game it would be no huge surprise if neither Speith or McIlroy won a major in 2016

Boycey

Hopefully I'll not put a jinx on him but Paul Dunne is going really well in South Africa he's one off the lead halfway through 3rd round...

cornerback

Quote from: Boycey on January 16, 2016, 11:33:34 AM
Hopefully I'll not put a jinx on him but Paul Dunne is going really well in South Africa he's one off the lead halfway through 3rd round...

I just flicked it over to see him double bogey!!

Orior

Quote from: Boycey on January 16, 2016, 11:33:34 AM

Jinx
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Boycey

At least he finished fairly strong....

Two back and in joint 4th is ok with 18 to play. In a funny way it might suit him better out of the final group and flying under the radar so to speak...

screenexile

Quote from: mouview on January 11, 2016, 04:52:40 PM

McIlroy is a very streaky player. In terms of ability if Mcailroy and Spieth are top of their game then McIlroy wins but Spieth is so consistent and is twice the putter of McIlroy I think Spieth will be the better of the 2 when we look back twenty years from now!

Milltown Row2

Spieth is a class act, amazing run of wins with signs of dropping, great composure and ability to hit those money shots!!

Rory will continue to challenge along with Day and the rest, but unless Spieth changes his clubs and technique ::) he'll have another great year....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Didn't really happen for Dunne today, level par to finish in 9th place. Not to be sniffed at all the same...

Gabriel_Hurl

Easy win for Europe over a very over matched Asian team in the EurAsia Cup.

Bodes well for the Ryder in September

annapr

Quote from: Boycey on January 17, 2016, 02:57:34 PM
Didn't really happen for Dunne today, level par to finish in 9th place. Not to be sniffed at all the same...
How much did he won for 9th?
I think he is gonna be a very good player in the years to come.