The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

screenexile

I think there's another 3 shots in this for Day... He'll be very far ahead for tomorrow it could be a procession!!

Minder

Quote from: screenexile on August 16, 2015, 12:05:24 AM
I think there's another 3 shots in this for Day... He'll be very far ahead for tomorrow it could be a procession!!

Yeah some great golf, would love to see Day win it. Can McIlroy still win it ? No he is 8 shots back  :-\

screenexile

Quote from: Minder on August 16, 2015, 12:08:28 AM
Quote from: screenexile on August 16, 2015, 12:05:24 AM

Yeah some great golf, would love to see Day win it. Can McIlroy still win it ? No he is 8 shots back  :-\

I think it will be 10 by the end of this evening.

JimStynes

Jesus the pros are unreal. That course looks ridiculously hard and they're tearing it up. Just goes to show how the likes of RCD and the other links courses must be.

screenexile

That DB has set tomorrow up perfectly!!!

If Spieth can get another birdie I fancy him.

Minder

Spieth is some animal, but sure all he can do is putt  ???

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: JimStynes on August 16, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
Jesus the pros are unreal. That course looks ridiculously hard and they're tearing it up. Just goes to show how the likes of RCD and the other links courses must be.

Rain last night helped a lot. Softened up the ground.

HiMucker

Lads looking for a bit of help.  I want to get back in to the golf and want to get a new set of game improvement irons as my current ones (from lidl) are dung.  There just seems to tons of options out there and I'm finding hard to make the right decision.  I have only played half a dozen times over the last few years and could shoot anything from 14 over to 24 over!  Don't mind paying on the expensive side if they are worth it but don't want to be paying a couple hundred pound extra for nothing other than a name.  Also would I be right in saying that you would get a better deal on clubs after the summer is over?  Thanks :)

Orior

Quote from: Minder on August 16, 2015, 12:55:15 AM
Spieth is some animal, but sure all he can do is putt  ???

You drive for show and you putt for dough.

I hate to say it, but if Spieth wins then he deserves all the accolades. Rory will not be number one again until he improves his putting
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Rory's done rightly considering his injury... -3 so far and Day and doing rightly Spieth needs to hit a few more birdies soon
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: HiMucker on August 16, 2015, 10:24:59 AM
Lads looking for a bit of help.  I want to get back in to the golf and want to get a new set of game improvement irons as my current ones (from lidl) are dung.  There just seems to tons of options out there and I'm finding hard to make the right decision.  I have only played half a dozen times over the last few years and could shoot anything from 14 over to 24 over!  Don't mind paying on the expensive side if they are worth it but don't want to be paying a couple hundred pound extra for nothing other than a name.  Also would I be right in saying that you would get a better deal on clubs after the summer is over?  Thanks :)

Going to a place that does a golf swing analysis to set you up with proper sized clubs should be #1 priority. You could buy the best Game Improvement clubs out there but if they are not your size it is a waste, a fitting should take between 30-60 minutes.

I prefer the G series from Ping, miss hits tend to go straight and are forgiving. If money is no object look at the G30 sets but you could save some big money by getting a G25 or even G20 set that has never been used. My partner in the Monday night league we play in swears by the TaylorMade RSi1 set he picked up.

Take a look at this article:
http://www.golf.com/photos/best-iron-reviews-taylormade-irons-callaway-irons-ping-irons-game-improvement-irons#1

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

screenexile

Would love to see a bogey or 2 from Day to make it a competition down the stretch and see what Day is really made of.

Probably a bit harsh but it would be good entertainment wise. Rose in all kinds of trouble!!

Boycey

Quote from: screenexile on August 16, 2015, 10:35:58 PM
Would love to see a bogey or 2 from Day to make it a competition down the stretch and see what Day is really made of.

Probably a bit harsh but it would be good entertainment wise. Rose in all kinds of trouble!!

Harsh indeed, Day deserves his day so to speak :-) he's been unbelievably consistent in the majors in last few years..

I hope he cruises in from here but I see a twist in it yet