The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

Exciting run in,pity for me there was no Fowler or Kaymer. When's the US Pga? Have we long to wait?

Minder

Quote from: beer baron on July 20, 2015, 08:44:25 PM
Exciting run in,pity for me there was no Folwer or Kaymer. When's the US Pga? Have we long to wait?

August 13
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Boycey

Didn't see the interviews did Zach thank God? I was very disappointed when he won the Masters to find out he was a born again Christian. There are few people that annoy me more.. Other than that he seems a nice chappie

Minder

Quote from: Boycey on July 20, 2015, 09:51:16 PM
Didn't see the interviews did Zach thank God? I was very disappointed when he won the Masters to find out he was a born again Christian. There are few people that annoy me more.. Other than that he seems a nice chappie

I thought he was a big God squad member like Bubba but he was grand, not sure he did mention God.

trileacman

Quote from: Minder on July 20, 2015, 08:40:16 PM
Quote from: trileacman on July 20, 2015, 08:09:50 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on July 20, 2015, 07:37:32 PM
Not sure who I want to win this. Im not very fond of any of those guys. Its been exciting stuff today although I think I prefer when they struggle round Carnoustie in a hurricane than this although the Irish boys did their best to make it look unplayable today - very disappointing stuff. Dunne will learn from it but I cant believe how poor Padraig was today with all his experience, especially round St Andrews.

Agreed, disliked them all. Do Americans get lessons at school at giving banal, shite, post-victory commentary? "She's my rock." FFS.

What's wrong with Louis & Leishman?

Zach's a bible basher, reminds me too much of the type you'd find on the streets at the 12th. Louis seems a dour fcuker and looks like someone I know who's a gobshite so just wouldn't be fond of him on those grounds. Also this always kicks into my head= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZjwCmJrnlY   TBH I'm indifferent to Leishman, he could be grand for all I know but I don't really warm to many non-European golfers.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

trileacman

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on July 20, 2015, 08:38:06 PM
Quote from: laoislad on July 20, 2015, 08:23:00 PM
Not sure who I want to win this. Im not very fond of any of those guys. Its been exciting stuff today although I think I prefer when they struggle round Carnoustie in a hurricane than this although the Irish boys did their best to make it look unplayable today - very disappointing stuff. Dunne will learn from it but I cant believe how poor Padraig was today with all his experience, especially round St Andrews.

Agreed, disliked them all. Do Americans get lessons at school at giving banal, shite, post-victory commentary? "She's my rock." FFS.
Don't judge everyone by your own low standards.

OK in fairness to Leishman I dont know much about him but the other two both lack any charisma but what do I know Bubba seems a likeable guy on TV but in reality is supposed to be intolerable.

Always thought Woods was a p***k and Mickelson was a sound lad. Then you here the FIGJAM jibe and it's hard to know what to make of any of them.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

laoislad

Quote from: Minder on July 20, 2015, 10:12:24 PM

I thought he was a big God squad member like Bubba but he was grand, not sure he did mention God.
Think he did right at the very end of his speech.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Quote from: laoislad on July 20, 2015, 10:40:24 PM

He definitely bigged up the whole God thing when he won the Masters. Made me wonder if he won and another bible basher say Bernhard Langer was 2nd would it mean that God loved him that little bit more?

Minder

Quote from: Boycey on July 20, 2015, 11:10:18 PM

He definitely bigged up the whole God thing when he won the Masters. Made me wonder if he won and another bible basher say Bernhard Langer was 2nd would it mean that God loved him that little bit more?

His Twitter strap line is "practice hard, play hard, pray hard"

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Boycey on July 20, 2015, 09:51:16 PMI was very disappointed when he won the Masters to find out he was a born again Christian.

What a strange thing to be disappointed about

screenexile

Quote from: Boycey on July 20, 2015, 11:10:18 PM

Yeah he was definitely bigging up the lord at the end of his speed. Good golfer with 2 big major wins fair play to him!!

Franko

Quote from: trileacman on July 20, 2015, 10:25:26 PM

Zach's a bible basher, reminds me too much of the type you'd find on the streets at the 12th. Louis seems a dour fcuker and looks like someone I know who's a gobshite so just wouldn't be fond of him on those grounds. Also this always kicks into my head= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZjwCmJrnlY   TBH I'm indifferent to Leishman, he could be grand for all I know but I don't really warm to many non-European golfers.

Where's MR2 to defend these guys' honour? He nearly messes his pants when someone says on here that they don't like McIlroy. Apparently you have to know these people personally to be allowed to say such negative things (but incidentally, not to express a positive opinion...)

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: trileacman on July 20, 2015, 10:30:30 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on July 20, 2015, 08:38:06 PM
Quote from: laoislad on July 20, 2015, 08:23:00 PM

Don't judge everyone by your own low standards.

OK in fairness to Leishman I dont know much about him but the other two both lack any charisma but what do I know Bubba seems a likeable guy on TV but in reality is supposed to be intolerable.

Always thought Woods was a p***k and Mickelson was a sound lad. Then you here the FIGJAM jibe and it's hard to know what to make of any of them.

Ha I had forgot about FIGJAM nevermind I still like Phil and like to see him do well.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on July 21, 2015, 12:35:38 AM

Where's MR2 to defend these guys' honour? He nearly messes his pants when someone says on here that they don't like McIlroy. Apparently you have to know these people personally to be allowed to say such negative things (but incidentally, not to express a positive opinion...)

It does help when making an opinion on someone, but hey if you're a troll or a WUM then always being negative is a good thing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 21, 2015, 09:02:17 AM
Quote from: Franko on July 21, 2015, 12:35:38 AM

It does help when making an opinion on someone, but hey if you're a troll or a WUM then always being negative is a good thing

No trolling or WUM'ing going on here.  Just pointing out a glaring inconsistency.

But you do seem to have gone and got yourself all WU'd again!