The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Oraisteach on July 19, 2015, 05:43:59 PM
Good man, Dunne.  Making putts, keeping composed.
That last putt was excellent.

Feck ,looks like I'll have to take tomorrow off work now!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

screenexile

Wonder could I take a half day at all. Superb list of names all at the top I think there are 30 odd at -8. I hope the wind gets up to sort the wheat from the chaff. Would suit Harrington I reckon!

Holy shit that was an error from Willet! DJ doing his usual disappearing act as well!

Minder

Quote from: screenexile on July 19, 2015, 05:50:06 PM
Wonder could I take a half day at all. Superb list of names all at the top I think there are 30 odd at -8. I hope the wind gets up to sort the wheat from the chaff. Would suit Harrington I reckon!

Holy shit that was an error from Willet! DJ doing his usual disappearing act as well!

Yeah seems DJ just hasn't  the balls for it at the weekend, he should have bee shooting a 66 or 65 in those conditions today.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Dunne joint top, what a fantastic achievement for the youngfella.
How do they decide you plays in the final group tomorrow with a three way tie at the top?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Minder on July 19, 2015, 06:11:46 PM
Quote from: screenexile on July 19, 2015, 05:50:06 PM

Yeah seems DJ just hasn't  the balls for it at the weekend, he should have bee shooting a 66 or 65 in those conditions today.

Good thing tomorrow is a Monday - he could put in a low number tomorrow

Milltown Row2

Dunne final pairing. When was the last amateur in final pairing at a major??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Oraisteach

So, Dunne and Ousthuizen tee off tomorrow at 9:30 ET, which would be 2:30 Irish time, right.  Get in half a day's work, and then the onset of Bunker Bowel, so unpleasant and debilitating.

Oraisteach

Dunne is the 1st amateur to lead The Open after 54 holes nice Bobby Jones in 1927, according to ESPN.  And let's not forget Harrington perched in 5th.

lenny

Quote from: Oraisteach on July 19, 2015, 07:47:48 PM
Dunne is the 1st amateur to lead The Open after 54 holes nice Bobby Jones in 1927, according to ESPN.  And let's not forget Harrington perched in 5th.

If Dunne wins is it possible for him to accept the prize money and relinquish his amateur status?

lenny

Quote from: lenny on July 19, 2015, 07:53:33 PM

If Dunne wins is it possible for him to accept the prize money and relinquish his amateur status?

Just did a google search there and he is ineligible for prize money as he is an amateur. He wouldve needed to have turned pro before the tournament began.

5 Sams

Dont think so but he'll not starve.
The Aristocrat Years

annapr

The BBC called Dunne a Brit when he was teeing up on the 17th.

Minder

Dunne apparently turning pro after Walker Cup in September
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Rossie11

Harrington out at 2.10 with leishmann
Dunne out in final group with Oosthuizen at 2.30.
Half day Monday..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lenny on July 19, 2015, 07:57:30 PM

Just did a google search there and he is ineligible for prize money as he is an amateur. He wouldve needed to have turned pro before the tournament began.

So where foes the prize money go?? Back into the pot and split between runner ups?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea