Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Minder on July 06, 2015, 10:58:02 AM
McIlroy on crutches

"Total rupture of left ATFL (ankle ligament) and associated joint capsule damage"

JPGJOHNNYG

One moment he looks like the complete professional next minute he comes across a bit silly. I mean why is he playing football a couple of weeks before a major what next off skiing the day before the masters. Was anyone surprised that he completely collapsed at the Irish open seeing as he was running around the whole week like a headless chicken doing a million one different things other than focussing on his golf

Gabriel_Hurl

Lol ^^^^^^

What's he supposed to do? Lie in bed between tournaments?

He could just have easily done the same walking down the shops for a pint of milk?

armaghniac

Can he not ride women if he wants exercise?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 06, 2015, 11:17:21 AM
Lol ^^^^^^

What's he supposed to do? Lie in bed between tournaments?

He could just have easily done the same walking down the shops for a pint of milk?

He can actually do any number of things that dont massively increase risk of injury and I would say football is a little bit more risky than a trip to the supermarket.   One other thing most footballers in their contracts are barred from numerous sports hence ironically why most of them actually start playing golf.

AZOffaly

Most footballers are barred? Is that true? I often see holiday shnaps of lads on ATVs and the like. I can see how you wouldn't play rugby league or something in the season, because you wouldn't have time with all the matches and training, but are they actually barred?

As for Rory, it's unfortunate, but you wouldn't expect something like that to happen in a kick around. It's no more dangerous than any other physical exercise, so I don't know you can be too hard on him.

Premier Emperor

Was he playing football or soccer?

JPGJOHNNYG

There are all sorts of clauses clubs add to contracts. Certainly most clubs ban winter sports and even issue big fines if they catch their players disobeying them. Most are also banned from owning a motorbike and sure wasnt there one guy who was even banned from space travel when he showed an interest lol.

screenexile

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on July 06, 2015, 12:01:04 PM
There are all sorts of clauses clubs add to contracts. Certainly most clubs ban winter sports and even issue big fines if they catch their players disobeying them. Most are also banned from owning a motorbike and sure wasnt there one guy who was even banned from space travel when he showed an interest lol.

Look it's one of those things do you become a hermit wrapping yourself in cotton wool or do you try and enjoy your life as normal and hope you don't get injured.

Sure Paul Casey was out for a long time with a snowboarding injury. At the end of the day he's missing a tournament through injury it's not as if the loss of earnings is a problem for him. He'll play the British Open at least another 25 times before he retires so in the grand scheme of things it's not a huge deal!

supersarsfields

Quote from: muppet on July 05, 2015, 09:18:07 PM
http://www.her.ie/life/irelands-leona-maguire-finishes-2nd-at-european-masters/242584?utm_content=bufferd8038&utm_medium=Social+organic&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer

Leona Maguire 2nd in European Masters, playing as an amateur.

Her father used to train the Teemore Camogie team and had them winning underage all Irelands with a very small squad. Excellent trainer and motivator (in multiple disciples) by all accounts. I think they have a younger brother as well who they have high hope for (Golf).

thewobbler

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on July 06, 2015, 11:11:20 AM
One moment he looks like the complete professional next minute he comes across a bit silly. I mean why is he playing football a couple of weeks before a major what next off skiing the day before the masters. Was anyone surprised that he completely collapsed at the Irish open seeing as he was running around the whole week like a headless chicken doing a million one different things other than focussing on his golf

Good lord.

Imagine being a little distracted after putting his name and weight behind the Irish Open, then singlehandedly attracting the best field for the tournament in living memory, the being the subject of a million interviews for a week.

If he'd have kept his head down you'd now be calling out as a grumpy, self-centred brat, a weak ambassador for Irish sport and a disgrace to his charity.

That's just the way with some people unfortunately. Giving everything is not giving enough.

gallsman

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on July 06, 2015, 12:01:04 PM

Stefan Schwarz I believe.

Orior

Quote from: thewobbler on July 06, 2015, 12:43:47 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on July 06, 2015, 11:11:20 AM

Good lord.

Imagine being a little distracted after putting his name and weight behind the Irish Open, then singlehandedly attracting the best field for the tournament in living memory, the being the subject of a million interviews for a week.

If he'd have kept his head down you'd now be calling out as a grumpy, self-centred brat, a weak ambassador for Irish sport and a disgrace to his charity.

That's just the way with some people unfortunately. Giving everything is not giving enough.

Good post.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians