The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on May 16, 2015, 09:48:33 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 16, 2015, 09:06:25 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 11, 2015, 07:49:44 AM
Disappointed Sergio couldn't hang on but fair play to Fowler.
Was a good nights golf.
You coming up for the IRISH Open?
Think my passport is out of date.
I can sign you in at the border as a guest.

screenexile

That was absolutely phenomenal from McIlroy... Roy of the Rovers stuff only with golf. It'll be Augusta proportions if he loses tomorrow but I can't see it. Practically flawless!!

Milltown Row2

Rodgers making some inroads into that lead! Could be a tight finish after all
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

heganboy

if Rodgers holds (and doesn't share) second he has full eligibility on his tour card
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Orior

Rory 4 in front after 14.

21 under is a great score, but there are not too many of the top 50 golfers playing at Quail Hollow.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

redcard

Quote from: Orior on May 17, 2015, 09:46:00 PM
Rory 4 in front after 14.

21 under is a great score, but there are not too many of the top 50 golfers playing at Quail Hollow.

There wouldn't be many of the top 50 who could play like Rory has the last two days

Boycey

He's basically lapping the field, if the whole top 50 were playing he'd still be winning..

redcard

Quote from: Boycey on May 17, 2015, 10:14:07 PM
He's basically lapping the field, if the whole top 50 were playing he'd still be winning..

Speith might give him a game

StGallsGAA

So why is he there and most of the rest of the top 50 not?  Did the organisers pay him a fortune to showcase the event and then just leave it up to whoever else decided to come??

Boycey

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 17, 2015, 10:35:23 PM
So why is he there and most of the rest of the top 50 not?  Did the organisers pay him a fortune to showcase the event and then just leave it up to whoever else decided to come??

Appearance fees aren't allowed on PGA Tour, he may however have a sponsorship deal with Wells Fargo who sponsor the tournament who would want him to play or it could be as simple as he likes the course he has won there before. The relative lack of other top 50 players is probably down to their being two of the larger events in the last two weeks, The Players and a WGC EVENT.

Note Rory is also playing the next two weeks in England and Royal County Down.

Milltown Row2

A bloody fix then!! 1.28 million! Dollars
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Patrick Reed has pulled out of Irish Open
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Muzz

Are many people on here going to it?

Mikhailov

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 17, 2015, 10:35:23 PM

By my reckoning looking at the official result from Quail Hollow , 22 out of top 50 started the event..!!

Orior

Quote from: Muzz on May 19, 2015, 03:32:48 PM
Are many people on here going to it?

If I went then it would bucket down. If I stay at home then the weather will be fantastic. The two Tourist Boards should sponsor me to stay at home.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians