The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigfella

Quote from: Puckoon on April 15, 2015, 06:27:55 PM
I think that is a very fair point regarding a gap wedge and probably a more all around useful club option for Cornerback. I just don't believe that a 60 degree wedge automagically leads to destructive shots, nor that it requires phenomenal ball striking to use it well. Certainly no more or less so than a 4 iron under the branches..

A player, regardless of handicap shouldn't be scared of at least experimenting with it. It's not like we're suggesting a set of hogan butterknives that require phenomenal ball striking.

Absolutely agree it is possible to play with less than 14 clubs - I think we are saying the same thing - find the right mix of clubs, but unless you are having serious trouble with all but 13... - I would put 14 in the bag. I don't always use a tee on a par 3 - but I would also tell a novice that it's to your advantage - generally - to do so.

On the 14 club thing - you're playing in a 3 club tournament - what are you bringing?

Not sure as I've never played in one and would depend on course. I might take a hybrid and putt with it  ???

Possibly I look at the course and try to choose an average yardage to aim for approach on every hole. Select a club for that and work back from there.

Gabriel_Hurl

Rors is tapping up Big Phil to come and play as well - shaping up to be a great event

laoislad

A round of 62 from Speith today.
Won't be long before he's world No.1..
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Gabriel_Hurl

Sure that wasnt even the best round there today. Another lad had a 61

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 17, 2015, 11:47:33 PM
Sure that wasnt even the best round there today. Another lad had a 61

61?? Must be like a park course
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 17, 2015, 02:28:03 PM

Rors is tapping up Big Phil to come and play as well - shaping up to be a great event
Yeah fair play to him. Should be a great boost to the British economy having all these top players coming over to play the Irish Open in the UK.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Minder

Hopefully the weather is better than Portrush in 2012
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gabriel_Hurl

Where's Shane Lowry's biggest fan after his big win in the WGC Matchplay yesterday over Graeme McDowell?  ;)

AZOffaly

Here!! Uibh Fhaili; Uibh Fhailí; Uibh Fhailí

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 30, 2015, 03:08:23 PM
Where's Shane Lowry's biggest fan after his big win in the WGC Matchplay yesterday over Graeme McDowell?  ;)

There would have been 20 extra pages had he beaten Rory  :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Puckoon

Keegan and the most interesting man in the world having a little barney at the end of their round. Almost got physical.

http://www.tout.com/m/rnskjc?ref=twuux6d1

stew

Quote from: Puckoon on May 02, 2015, 01:57:12 AM
Keegan and the most interesting man in the world having a little barney at the end of their round. Almost got physical.

Wow, I have never seen anything quite like that, Bradley needs to apologize, that said, The Spaniard might have meant well but his advice was badly received by Bradleys caddie!  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Orior

Quote from: stew on May 02, 2015, 07:00:05 AM

Wow, I have never seen anything quite like that, Bradley needs to apologize, that said, The Spaniard might have meant well but his advice was badly received by Bradleys caddie!  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

That amazing, and proves that golfers can be complete idiots. Why do you say that the Spaniard is interesting?

By the way, if Rory can get past Casey then I think he will win the whole thing
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

screenexile

Quote from: Orior on May 03, 2015, 10:18:00 AM
Quote from: stew on May 02, 2015, 07:00:05 AM

That amazing, and proves that golfers can be complete idiots. Why do you say that the Spaniard is interesting?

By the way, if Rory can get past Casey then I think he will win the whole thing

I think so too but I had a spare tenner in the PP account and stuck it on Furyk so I hope the old man wins it!!

Oraisteach

One down with two to play, Rory still beats Furyk and moves to the final.