The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

I hope Spieth has a nightmare weekend.  :-[

gerrykeegan

I cancelled Sky Sports a while back and was going to take the option of their 7 day access, wont bother me hole now.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

laoislad

Quote from: gerrykeegan on April 10, 2015, 07:58:30 PM
I cancelled Sky Sports a while back and was going to take the option of their 7 day access, wont bother me hole now.
It's live on Setanta as well. I have it free with UPC.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Puckoon

Quote from: An Watcher on April 10, 2015, 04:54:32 PM
I get the feeling that it's win or bust for Harrington. After winning 3 majors, second place finishes don't mean much to him. Other players would be happy with top ten finishes. The only way to explain when he blows up he really blows up

The American Media love him. Even when he's stinking it up, he will be brutally honest about where it went wrong.

One lady commentator yesterday said she talked to him and asked him what he was working on

"I'm working on overhauling my over haul".

Fair play.

screenexile

Rory's lost the plot!!!

He's the definition of a confidence player he thought being patient and solid would help him build the confidence for today but Spieth shooting the lights out has pit him under pressure and he's folded.

Milltown Row2

Going good guns at moment on the betting, Spieth on the nose and Casey each way!  Cash out available for Spieth... Lowry and Harry having a nightmare. Maybe its too warm for them ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

macdanger2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 10, 2015, 11:13:52 PM
Going good guns at moment on the betting, Spieth on the nose and Casey each way!  Cash out available for Spieth... Lowry and Harry having a nightmare. Maybe its too warm for them ;D

Cashed out on Speith earlier, 1.57 was ridiculous odds before Rory started

Milltown Row2

Quote from: macdanger2 on April 10, 2015, 11:34:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 10, 2015, 11:13:52 PM

Cashed out on Speith earlier, 1.57 was ridiculous odds before Rory started

For 4 quid its offering £30
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

I know I shouldn't ask but what did you get Spieth at?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 10, 2015, 11:49:52 PM
I know I shouldn't ask but what did you get Spieth at?

11/1 bet365

Boycey

It says a lot for Rory the way he's finished this round. In days gone by he'd have finished four or five over. He'll still think he can win too :-)

INDIANA

Quote from: Boycey on April 11, 2015, 12:04:48 AM
It says a lot for Rory the way he's finished this round. In days gone by he'd have finished four or five over. He'll still think he can win too :-)

Seriously? He's 12 behind. Spieth looks like Tiger Mark 2. He's a better player then Rory was at 21.

Its a bit of an anti climax for the Irish so far.

mouview

Quote from: INDIANA on April 11, 2015, 12:06:35 AM

Seriously? He's 12 behind. Spieth looks like Tiger Mark 2. He's a better player then Rory was at 21.

Not even close, or ever will be. Wheels will fall off over the weekend, and there'll be no 'US Open' reprieve a-la McIlroy 2011 later in the year either I'd wager.

Boycey

Quote from: mouview on April 11, 2015, 12:49:02 AM

Not even close, or ever will be. Wheels will fall off over the weekend, and there'll be no 'US Open' reprieve a-la McIlroy 2011 later in the year either I'd wager.

Easy there bud, Speiths the real deal him and Rory could just be the next big rivalry in golf.

I didn't say Rory would win, I just think that with his winners mentality he'd think he can still win, he was a bit downbeat in his post round interview mind..

mouview

Quote from: Boycey on April 11, 2015, 01:04:15 AM
Quote from: mouview on April 11, 2015, 12:49:02 AM

Easy there bud, Speiths the real deal him and Rory could just be the next big rivalry in golf.

I didn't say Rory would win, I just think that with his winners mentality he'd think he can still win, he was a bit downbeat in his post round interview mind..

I agree with you, strange as it seems I think McIlroy is good enough to yet win this. Don't agree with Spieth being as good as McIlroy at the same age, think he has to prove it yet.