The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

Agreed,he was doing a lot of crying this morning too,i actually think he was complaining to the crowd just before he chipped in on the 18th  ;D Can't make up my mind on him at all, sometimes his whining sickens my arse then other times he's trying ridiculous attempts at the flag that almost no-one else would try and i love to see that.

bigfrank

So headin to play the galgorm course this weekend in ballymena and as usual when i book a day out it rains for two weeks solid prior to it,anyone played it before/lately? was lookin at there facebook and twitter pages to maybe see course updates etc but nothing really there,may ring closer to weekend i guess

thewobbler

I played Galgorm for the second time a few months ago and still any work out what the fuss is about.

It's a good course, well maintained, with good facilities. But there's 150 courses like that in Ireland.

First stretch of 6-7 holes is good, then it gets boring, then it gets montonous.

I've no idea how it will hold up in the rain, sorry. But I doubt there's a parkland in Ireland in good condition after the week we've had. There's no fighting back against that sort of weather.

Gabriel_Hurl

I see Rickie Fowler has confirmed he will play at the Irish Open next summer at RCD

Gabriel_Hurl

AZOffaly

Good Lowry!

It'd be great if he could get into the top 50. He'd be in the Masters then..

laoislad

Lowry into Top 50 now excellent stuff!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Orior

In the Race to Dubai, how are points awarded for each qualifying tournament?

I've looked at the European tour website but it isnt clear.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/racetodubai/rankings/index.html
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

Forget about that.

One euro equals one point. Hence the bigger prize fund then the more points the winner gets.

orangeman

Is the Tiger just about done with golf ?.

mouview

Quote from: orangeman on February 12, 2015, 09:24:27 AM

I'd say so. As the Guardian article yesterday suggested, it would be no surprise to learn of his retirement in the near future. Bad and all as his game is, it's his body that's the real worry. Can he ever hit a shot with full power and torque again without having the concern in his mind that his back will give out?

Orior

Quote from: mouview on February 13, 2015, 12:09:45 AM
Quote from: orangeman on February 12, 2015, 09:24:27 AM

I'd say so. As the Guardian article yesterday suggested, it would be no surprise to learn of his retirement in the near future. Bad and all as his game is, it's his body that's the real worry. Can he ever hit a shot with full power and torque again without having the concern in his mind that his back will give out?

They'll probably just put him out to stud.

sans pessimism

Lowry in top ten at AT&T-Harri does his usual trick by triple bogey on 18th ...to miss the cut by 3(anyone know why the cut is today n not yesterday?)
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Minder

Quote from: sans pessimism on February 14, 2015, 11:53:28 PM
Lowry in top ten at AT&T-Harri does his usual trick by triple bogey on 18th ...to miss the cut by 3(anyone know why the cut is today n not yesterday?)

Today is the first day the amateurs/celebs weren't playing ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

sans pessimism

Quote from: Minder on February 14, 2015, 11:55:24 PM
Quote from: sans pessimism on February 14, 2015, 11:53:28 PM

Today is the first day the amateurs/celebs weren't playing ?
nah-they were still hackin around this eve.
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"