The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Yesterday was not a good advert for Portrush, as fog halts play

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/27897531
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Rois

Right lads, company golf day tomorrow at Malone. Haven't been on a course in 2 years but because I always make a fuss that women never get to these events, I have to play.
In a group with two others, one a beginner like me, the other a 16 handicapper who owns a large NI company that gives my firm good business, though I've never met her.
How do people usually feel about playing with beginners? I will likely be picking my ball up a few times on the course but I'm sure she'll be wanting to give it a good go. Am I going to annoy the heck out of her?
There are only 3 women playing so she's kinda guaranteed a prize anyway.

gerrykeegan

As long as you are not slow thats the most important for me. Be ready (always) to hit your shot/putt. Don't be 10 yards from your ball when someone from your group is hitting their shot, be at your ball. After that we all started as beginners. Everyone acknowledges that fact.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Rois

mick999

Speaking of women's golfers, what about stephanie meadow,

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/golf/stephanie-meadow-in-share-of-third-spot-at-us-women-s-open-1.1841356

First professional tournament, the US Open, she is tied 3rd after 3 round, final round just started ..

http://www.usopen.com/women/en_US/scoring/index.html

Orior

Looks like she has gotten third after the final round too. Well done her!

Oraisteach

Looks like Meadow will finish 3rd, posting two 69's on the weekend.  Excellent showing.

Rois

Quote from: hardstation on June 22, 2014, 06:40:24 PM
More advice....stop gurning about not getting to events that you clearly have no interest in, you total sourpuss.

;D
Hey, I'm not being sour! I have invested heavily in this too - new clubs and a nice new outfit. I might be crap but I'll look the part. I'm not totally disinterested. Just don't want to annoy the other lady.

mick999

laoislad

Quote from: Rois on June 22, 2014, 11:01:48 PM
More advice....stop gurning about not getting to events that you clearly have no interest in, you total sourpuss.

;D
Hey, I'm not being sour! I have invested heavily in this too - new clubs and a nice new outfit. I might be crap but I'll look the part. I'm not totally disinterested. Just don't want to annoy the other lady.
She's a 16 handicapper ffs not the female Tiger Woods.
I'm sure you'll be fine though I'd hate to be stuck behind the 3 of you!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on June 22, 2014, 11:19:57 PM
Quote from: Rois on June 22, 2014, 11:01:48 PM

;D
She's a 16 handicapper ffs not the female Tiger Woods.
I'm sure you'll be fine though I'd hate to be stuck behind the 3 of you!

I'd rather be stuck behind 3 women than 3 fellas ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

dec

Quote from: Orior on June 22, 2014, 10:41:14 PM
Looks like she has gotten third after the final round too. Well done her!

$271,373

Gabriel_Hurl

McDowell retains his French Open title

Orior

After shooting 7 under on Thursday, Rory is trying his best to miss the cut today.

He is six over after 12 holes, making him 1 under. The project cut is +1.

Go on Rory - break another record, lol.

Orior

After 14 holes, he is 7 over for the day, and even for the tournament.