The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarryBreensBandage

I am finding it increasingly difficult to listen to Colin Montgomerie.
He is just after questioning why nobody has scoring less than -3 today.
Eh, look at your own major tournament record Monty.
Surely there are better more entertaining commentators out there who have actually won something,
not like that teddy bear.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

cadhlancian

f**k, Mickleson would sicken your shite sometimes. Up on the green there in 2, and takes 7! Makes some atrocious errors >:(

whitegoodman

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on April 10, 2014, 08:57:34 PM
I am finding it increasingly difficult to listen to Colin Montgomerie.
He is just after questioning why nobody has scoring less than -3 today.
Eh, look at your own major tournament record Monty.
Surely there are better more entertaining commentators out there who have actually won something,
not like that teddy bear.

+1

Puckoon

Some big names in bad spots and more or less busted for the weekend:

Dufner +8
Matsuyama +8
Deleat +7
Z Johnson +6
Rose +4 after 7

Orior

Quote from: Orior on April 10, 2014, 12:51:21 PM
I went on the nose for:

Day - injured thumb
McDowell
Rose - injured back
Garcia

Ah FFS, now they tell me.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

leaveherinsir

Quote from: Orior on April 10, 2014, 10:21:01 PM
Quote from: Orior on April 10, 2014, 12:51:21 PM
I went on the nose for:

Day - injured thumb
McDowell
Rose - injured back
Garcia

Ah FFS, now they tell me.
Judging by that missed 2ft putt Garcia still has the injured head!!

sammymaguire

Westwood looks like he has been enjoying the fries and shakes a little too much in the States
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Minder

Quote from: leaveherinsir on April 10, 2014, 04:07:19 PM
small each way bets on Sergio. Day. Sneedeker. Stricker. Thus 3 of them will miss the cut and the other (Garcia) will lead after 3 rounds only to finish with an 80 and in a tie for 7th, rendering Paddy Power £20 richer and my wallet £20 lighter.
Great quote from Lawerence Donegan on the radio last night." A great tournament on a great course hosted by a terrible golf club" . Anyone looking for an alternative way to follow it on twitter check out his @ByTheMinGolf account.

Case in point -

http://extramustard.si.com/2014/04/10/matthew-fitzpatrick-caddie-sandals-masters/

U.S. Amateur champion Matthew Fitzpatrick's regular caddie, Lorne Duncan, won't be at Augusta this week after the club refused to allow him to participate in sandals. Duncan suffers from an orthopedic condition that prevents him from wearing Augusta-approved footwear.

From the caddie's blog:

I went to speak to the powers that be at Augusta National about alternative foot wear that would allow me to get through the week but my inquires were met with a resounding "No." I spoke to the head person there who is about as bright as a post and about as malleable as one. My feet were so sore after one practice round in runners that I had no alternative but to withdraw my services.
The club tells the BBC that Duncan was simply asked to abide by the rules for all caddies, and that any medical conditions he presented were taken into consideration when the decision was made.

Ricky Elliot, who usually caddies for Brooks Koepka on tour, is handling Fitzpatrick's bag during the 19-year old's run at the green jacket.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

leaveherinsir

Quote from: Minder on April 10, 2014, 11:19:14 PM
Quote from: leaveherinsir on April 10, 2014, 04:07:19 PM
small each way bets on Sergio. Day. Sneedeker. Stricker. Thus 3 of them will miss the cut and the other (Garcia) will lead after 3 rounds only to finish with an 80 and in a tie for 7th, rendering Paddy Power £20 richer and my wallet £20 lighter.
Great quote from Lawerence Donegan on the radio last night." A great tournament on a great course hosted by a terrible golf club" . Anyone looking for an alternative way to follow it on twitter check out his @ByTheMinGolf account.

Case in point -

http://extramustard.si.com/2014/04/10/matthew-fitzpatrick-caddie-sandals-masters/

U.S. Amateur champion Matthew Fitzpatrick's regular caddie, Lorne Duncan, won't be at Augusta this week after the club refused to allow him to participate in sandals. Duncan suffers from an orthopedic condition that prevents him from wearing Augusta-approved footwear.

From the caddie's blog:

I went to speak to the powers that be at Augusta National about alternative foot wear that would allow me to get through the week but my inquires were met with a resounding "No." I spoke to the head person there who is about as bright as a post and about as malleable as one. My feet were so sore after one practice round in runners that I had no alternative but to withdraw my services.
The club tells the BBC that Duncan was simply asked to abide by the rules for all caddies, and that any medical conditions he presented were taken into consideration when the decision was made.

Ricky Elliot, who usually caddies for Brooks Koepka on tour, is handling Fitzpatrick's bag during the 19-year old's run at the green jacket.
Read that. This is the kind of stuff that gives golf a bad name. Ricky Elliot the stand in is a Portrush man iirc

mouview

Quote from: sammymaguire on April 10, 2014, 11:05:55 PM
Westwood looks like he has been enjoying the fries and shakes a little too much in the States

Been like that for a while now.
Monty is gushing on commentary, but McGinley also suffers from a terrible lack of polish. ("Yeah!"). You just fear that he will lack the intellectual ability or cosmopolitan approach to manage the Ryder Cup team in Gleneagles. Hope I'm wrong....

Puckoon

Westwood didn't help himself by dressing like a glow stick!

southdown

Phil looks as unpredictable as ever, don't rule him out.

Family guy

Any links to watch this the night?

J OGorman

Quote from: mouview on April 11, 2014, 12:14:13 AM
Quote from: sammymaguire on April 10, 2014, 11:05:55 PM

Been like that for a while now.
Monty is gushing on commentary, but McGinley also suffers from a terrible lack of polish. ("Yeah!"). You just fear that he will lack the intellectual ability or cosmopolitan approach to manage the Ryder Cup team in Gleneagles. Hope I'm wrong....

who's dogs dead?  :o

Kidder81