The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

I played yesterday at the Hilton, Templepatrick. I feel Gaaboards jimstynes' pain
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JimStynes

Quote from: Orior on September 27, 2013, 12:07:37 AM
I played yesterday at the Hilton, Templepatrick. I feel Gaaboards jimstynes' pain

You see it comes to us all! Playing this weekend at some stage, hopefully no clubs will be fucked into the park!

Gabriel_Hurl

A few pics from where I played on Saturday - nice course, greens were terrible though

This was the 10th hole - 410yards of the tee - about 210 to the end of the fairway before a big drop down into the valley

From the fairway looking to green - the dot is the 200 yard marker

From the green looking back to the fairway

Probably got 3 rounds left this year before winter comes  :'(

Count 10

Gabriel_Hurl

Slightly farther afield - Eagle Ridge GC just outside of Toronto  :D

Puckoon

Looks good Gab - what was wrong with the greens? looks like a bit of browning but smooth enough on the pictures.

We punched a month ago and they are back rolling unbelievable at the minute. I hope we will get in to at least December before the snow comes, but we are over due a big winter. Nothing like paying monthly dues with snow on the ground.

How are you hitting them?

Orior

I understand that Rory McIlroy was in Dublin at the weekend. Was he at the hurling I wonder?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Puckoon

Same weekend his ex BFF was getting married in the caribbean. G-Mac and Rory and the Horizon split is going to rumble on for a while yet..

Gabriel_Hurl

Count 10

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 30, 2013, 03:50:31 PM
Slightly farther afield - Eagle Ridge GC just outside of Toronto  :D

Looks great

Gabriel_Hurl

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/24953883

QuoteRoyal Portrush is a contender to host the US PGA Championship if the PGA of America goes ahead with plans to stage the event outside the United States.

The earliest possible date for a move is 2020, and PGA of America president Ted Bishop suggested the Northern Ireland course as a venue.

"Royal Portrush would be a great first international major," said Bishop.

"I think given the powerful effect that Irish golfers have on the game today, that might be a good place to start."

The PGA of America confirmed last month that a committee is studying the impact of holding the event around the world.

Asia was thought to be the most likely venue in 2020 until Bishop's comments on the Golf Channel's 'Morning Drive' programme

JimStynes

Anybody playing much at the minute? Haven't played in about 5 weeks, clean freezing and course covered in leaves ffs. Cant wait for the summer time already.

Puckoon

Still hoping to get a few more weeks in before the snow. Down to long sleeves and maybe a jacket for the first few hours, but still got a sunburn last weekend.

82 rounds this year and counting.

Had a couple great days for it when I was home in October, although i missed Concra wood through sickness. Lough Erne was a great track, beautiful day. 25 quid for a hat is a bit steep but! You are getting shafted on equipment prices there, but the Green Fees are well priced.

Gabriel_Hurl

82 rounds???

I've about 16 under my belt and thought I was doing well  :D

Puckoon

I decided if I was going to pay for it, I was going to use it! Usually 18 every Saturday and Sunday and a couple of those have turned into 36s with the need for an "Emergency 9" after the day.

Tentatively going to be in Toronto in either May or September to play - if you're up for it.