The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

Played Luttrelstown on Saturday - great track but Jaysus is it long

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Declan on August 26, 2013, 04:52:40 PM
Played Luttrelstown on Saturday - great track but Jaysus is it long

I've played it on 10 or more occasions, never classed it as long, in fact before some of the changes I would have said it was short! It was a great favorite of AIB as a customer day out course.big scores always came in. Were you tired?
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Declan

You must be a longer hitter than me Gerry then ;) 7347 yards is long to me. I was playing with some bandits alright - 41 won it 

gerrykeegan

Jesus Declan I never played off the blues they insisted everyone was off the greens when we played. By no means am I a long hitter the opposite in fact. I'd be straight mind you. The green is 1000 yards shorter! the added length with some changes about 10 years ago. I had 44 points off 15 once, I think I always go back to it with confidence! It's a nice track.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Gabriel_Hurl

I'm seeing reports this morning that the US PGA Tour are considering an event in Ireland next year in the leadup to the British Open to be played at Ballyliffin in Donegal.

Orior

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 30, 2013, 03:18:24 PM
I'm seeing reports this morning that the US PGA Tour are considering an event in Ireland next year in the leadup to the British Open to be played at Ballyliffin in Donegal.

Okay, just as long as it doesnt affect the competition i'm playing there next year!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JimStynes

I can't hit a f**king ball straight or putt to save my life at the minute. Whole game has gone to shit.

Orior

Quote from: JimStynes on August 31, 2013, 03:54:21 PM
I can't hit a f**king ball straight or putt to save my life at the minute. Whole game has gone to shit.

So what has changed?  Get out to the driving range chief.

Last week I sliced 10 out of 14 drives and ended with a net 6 over. Today I sliced 3 out of 14 drives but my putting let me down and another net 6 over.

laoislad

Played in a classic for a local Gaa club today, played brutal but won the longest drive!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Orior

Quote from: laoislad on August 31, 2013, 08:07:49 PM
Played in a classic for a local Gaa club today, played brutal but won the longest drive!

You drove from Dublin?

laoislad

Quote from: Orior on August 31, 2013, 09:55:19 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 31, 2013, 08:07:49 PM

You drove from Dublin?

lol  :D

Puckoon

What did you win? Nice work!

Over here they almost always give a driver as the long drive prize. I've never quite understood that!

laoislad

Quote from: Puckoon on September 01, 2013, 03:52:43 AM
What did you win? Nice work!

Over here they almost always give a driver as the long drive prize. I've never quite understood that!

Ah nothing like that I got a €50 voucher for Halpenny Golf shop. I'm happy enough with it as it was the first straight drive I hit all day,it was on the 18th hole.
Another guy on my foursome won the nearest pin on the 17th.

Tony Baloney

Nice work Jimmy and that's with a bogey on the way out!

maco

Evening all. I have a rules question, so picture the scene.  My ball is 3 feet off the green and I have the putter out. There is a small lump of grass on the green (loose impediment) directly between my ball and the hole. Can I move the grass without incurring a penalty?