The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count 10

Quote from: Declan on July 15, 2013, 12:57:30 PM
QuoteRosapenna is immense, though if truth be told Sandy Hills is a bit unfair. I don't mind losing balls in the rough; you deserve that. But it's the series of raised greens that need attacked with low irons and woods that just put it beyond a golfer like me. But it is a fantastic experience on a stunning layout and worth driving Ireland for. Tom Morris is a pretty decent links too. Doesn't get the pulses racing but a very enjoyable walk, and almost the antidote to Sandy Hill's potential for ruining you.

Well lads - Portsalon was fantastic on the first day with some great holes but Oh my God - Sandy Hills is just unbelievable. If there's a better golf hole in the world than the 6th well I haven't seen it. Golfing paradise it was and a truly great course. Great weather, memorable shots ( drove a par 4 and had two birdies on Sandy Hills), lost golf balls, great craic in the Harbour Bar chatting golf and football, great porter and just a wonderful place.

And I won the money ;) ;)

Great stuff 8)

bigfrank

Playing lough erne this fri,played it once before about November time and it was in great shape on a cold foggy morning,be diff ball game this fri,will be immaculate im sure

southdown

Back home next week for a few days, going to Greenore on Monday. That par 3 6th over the water looks great.  Any tips for the course?  Is it difficult for the average golfer?

Count 10

Quote from: southdown on July 16, 2013, 09:01:24 AM
Back home next week for a few days, going to Greenore on Monday. That par 3 6th over the water looks great.  Any tips for the course?  Is it difficult for the average golfer?

Some tricky holes where tee shots have to be spot on.....1-6 fairly straight forward, 7 and 8 tee shot is crucial, from there on ok......great course, enjoy the golf, scenery, food and craic 8)

Count 10

Rois

Me popping into this thread again...

Guess who just got allocated tickets in the ticket lottery to the Ryder Cup next year - woohoo!!

screenexile

Quote from: Rois on August 13, 2013, 02:15:30 PM
Me popping into this thread again...

Guess who just got allocated tickets in the ticket lottery to the Ryder Cup next year - woohoo!!

Gabriel Hurl will not be a happy camper!!!

Puckoon

A buddy from home just got some in the raffle also

Will be home in October for a couple weeks and have tentative plans to play the following

Lough Erne
Concra Wood
Donegal Golf Club (Murvagh - will probably be up there overnight so will bring the sticks)

Anywhere else on the donegal side that might be playable in Oct (I havent played much at home in the last decade at all)?

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Orior

If you like watching girls jump, bend over and scream, then watch the Solheim Cup on Sky Sports 3.

Very entertaining!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

Amazing result by the European ladies last night in the Solheim Cup and a real shame that it did not get headlines in the sports news.

If Paula Creamer is looking for consolation, then drop me a pm Paula.

JimStynes

Anyone played Royal Belfast and Rockmount? If so which one is the better course? there is an open at both on friday and i dont know what one to play

thewobbler

Not played Royal Belfast but I've only heard good things about it.

Rockmount is an enjoyable course, but the back 9 is a bit weak.

Orior

Quote from: JimStynes on August 25, 2013, 10:18:58 PM
Anyone played Royal Belfast and Rockmount? If so which one is the better course? there is an open at both on friday and i dont know what one to play

If you get the chance the play Royal Belfast then do so. It is a very very elite club. Free towels in the changing rooms etc etc.  Membership reserved for magistrates and above so plenty of money to spend on the course. The course very well manicured.

Some parts of Rockmount is quite immature and just like a big field.

Let us know how you get on!

JimStynes

Quote from: Orior on August 25, 2013, 10:39:28 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on August 25, 2013, 10:18:58 PM

If you get the chance the play Royal Belfast then do so. It is a very very elite club. Free towels in the changing rooms etc etc.  Membership reserved for magistrates and above so plenty of money to spend on the course. The course very well manicured.

Some parts of Rockmount is quite immature and just like a big field.

Let us know how you get on!

I could near tell you now how i will get on, about 22 points ffs. Playing absolutely shite!