The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

Spot on Puck. I love those short par fours that require you to think a bit

heganboy

Nice win for Graeme there in Paris. Winning any open by 4 is a great result. 9th win on the tour
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Minder

Quote from: heganboy on July 07, 2013, 05:05:51 PM
Nice win for Graeme there in Paris. Winning any open by 4 is a great result. 9th win on the tour

He should go well at Muirfield
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Count 10

heganboy

see golf.com have tiger and graeme for the favourites for the open...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Puckoon

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: heganboy on July 08, 2013, 09:17:06 PM
see golf.com have tiger and graeme for the favourites for the open...

The bookies odds are a lot different - Tiger is 6/1 or 7/1 and GMac at 25's

Puck - take that picture of me down  ;)

Orior

That picture of Graeme should be in the wtf thread
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

passedit

Bit of guidance required. Anywhere near the Cooley peninsular where a man could get on to a golf course without a handicap?
Don't Panic

All of a Sludden

Quote from: passedit on July 09, 2013, 10:44:29 PM
Bit of guidance required. Anywhere near the Cooley peninsular where a man could get on to a golf course without a handicap?

I am not a Golfist but I would assume the Ballymac hotel would be a good starting point. http://ballymascanlon.com/
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

thewobbler

I honestly can't remember the last time I was asked for a handicap certificate in Ireland.

I'd guess that as long as you're dressed right, and your equipment doesn't look like it was dragged from your grandad's closet, then you'll never be asked or challenged, even if you hold the club cackhanded and pop your first tee shot three feet.

Orior

Quote from: thewobbler on July 10, 2013, 07:36:20 AM
I honestly can't remember the last time I was asked for a handicap certificate in Ireland.

I'd guess that as long as you're dressed right, and your equipment doesn't look like it was dragged from your grandad's closet, then you'll never be asked or challenged, even if you hold the club cackhanded and pop your first tee shot three feet.

A friend of mine was teeing off in Portugal, completely miss hit his drive and it bounced 20 yards left onto the first teebox of an adjacent golf course. He asked the starter if he was allowed to play the ball, and the starter said "yes, as long a you pay a second gree fee"
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Gabriel_Hurl

Puckoon

Total health nut. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPlk7lF_ST8

There's a video of him out there somewhere on a treadmill running a 7 minute mile.