The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

I think he's still struggling with the Miss Norman breakup.

Orior

How far west do I need to travel to find a golf course not covered in snow this weekend?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

leaveherinsir

Quote from: Orior on March 25, 2013, 08:04:29 PM
How far west do I need to travel to find a golf course not covered in snow this weekend?
west of Belfast? I was in B'Mena today and it was open. So i imagine you wouldnt have that far to go. Moyola prob open also.

thewobbler

Kirkistown Castle is the place you're looking for.

Very decent links course, very reasonable, and always open. 30 mins from Belfast.

Orior

Quote from: thewobbler on March 25, 2013, 09:45:28 PM

Very decent links course, very reasonable, and always open. 30 mins from Belfast.

I walked around the Lough Erne on Saturday. Great course, but could put you off golf if you dont bring your A game.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

offtheground

thewobbler

Quote from: Orior on March 25, 2013, 10:50:43 PM

I walked around the Lough Erne on Saturday. Great course, but could put you off golf if you dont bring your A game.

I like Lough Erne's mix. There's a handful of holes that are genuinely straightforward to build your confidence, there's some very decent risk or reward holes and there's some proper tough holes too. Then there's the 9th which I think is the most difficult par 5 I've played.

Count 10

What's everyone's fancy for the Masters?? I've backed Garcia....much to the amusemet of my mates, and also fancy Mickleson...he's just magic to watch,.....Zach Johnson.

sans pessimism

Quote from: Count 10 on March 30, 2013, 09:22:35 PM
What's everyone's fancy for the Masters?? I've backed Garcia....much to the amusemet of my mates, and also fancy Mickleson...he's just magic to watch,.....Zach Johnson.
I'm on westwood
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Count 10

Quote from: sans pessimism on March 30, 2013, 09:26:52 PM
Quote from: Count 10 on March 30, 2013, 09:22:35 PM
I'm on westwood

His putting would need to improve...a player I like...good luck

Throw ball

Quote from: Orior on March 25, 2013, 10:50:43 PM

It is a lovely course. I found the main thing is to do is to play for position and not try and be too brave. The ninth really is tough though. Played my third to the green perfectly I thought only to see it skip back down and nearly roll into the river! Last is a stern par 3 too.

Puckoon

Phil played this week with no driver in the bag, he's a great man for tinkering with the set up although Callaway must be unhappy with this decision as 2 months ago he was extolling the virtues of their new razr fit extreme line. That said he won in 2006 with two drivers in the bag!

I'd like to see Phil win again but I also fancy Gmac to make a good run. Rory is unpredictable with his cureeƱt swing and mindset but as much as I hate to admit it, it's Tiger vs the field for me.

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

southdown

Tickets booked for the Irish open in June, cannot wait.  Any idea what non Irish big names will play? I see the main Irish guys have confirmed they will play but I cant see many other big names.