The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Padraig has verbally committed to the organisers of the Reno Tahoe Open that he will play there 2-5 August. Good stuff if he's true to his word, would be a huge draw.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Puckoon on July 24, 2012, 08:50:02 PM
Padraig has verbally committed to the organisers of the Reno Tahoe Open that he will play there 2-5 August. Good stuff if he's true to his word, would be a huge draw.
What sort of temperature is Reno packing in August?

Puckoon

31-38 Celcius give or take. He will be a monstrous draw, the only other big names are John Daly (had a feed of these at the weekend, a mighty drink) or David Duval.

I've already been onto Padraig via his website letting him know if he wants to come tear it up we will let him crash on the sofa for the weekend.

Orior

Woo-hoo!

Michael Hoey has transferred to Ireland.

Up yours OWC.

http://www.worldgolfchampionships.com/players/02/33/73/scorecards/2012/r476.html

Hang on.... he is currently last. You can have him back OWC.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Minder

Furyk made some balls of that last hole.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Wonder did gerrykeegan have any yo-yo on his man?

gerrykeegan

I'm afraid not Tony. Not much luck with the golfers recently. I did have 5 numbers in the lotto plus 1 draw on Saturday night. Nearly shit the yogs, Mortgage would have been paid off.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gerrykeegan on August 06, 2012, 08:45:17 AM
I'm afraid not Tony. Not much luck with the golfers recently. I did have 5 numbers in the lotto plus 1 draw on Saturday night. Nearly shit the yogs, Mortgage would have been paid off.
What do you mean "would have". Did you not get a stake down?!

gerrykeegan

5 numbers 350 yoyos
6 numbers 350,000 yoyos
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

sammymaguire

Tommy 'Two Gloves' Gainey could be worth a £5 e/w in the Wyndham this weekend...  :-\ 80/1
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Puckoon

I've given it up again. After posting 78, 75, 77 in 3 of my last 4 rounds I followed it up with a spectacular 92 on sunday at the Boss's private course, while playing with the Nevada State Amateur (gross) champion. Was duffing and shanking all over the shop and the nerves really got the better of me. I downed a double jameson at the turn (clock had yet to strike 09:30 hrs) I was that out of sorts. I'd be standing over the ball in total paralysis thinking to myself "this could f**king go anywhere, if I even hit it". Pure torture. Shot 39 on the backside though after the whiskey, so maybe there's something in that.

EDIT: Yes, that is 53 strokes on the front side. I hit two houses and lost about 4 balls.

laoislad

Quote from: Puckoon on August 16, 2012, 07:51:53 PM
I've given it up again. After posting 78, 75, 77 in 3 of my last 4 rounds I followed it up with a spectacular 92 on sunday at the Boss's private course, while playing with the Nevada State Amateur (gross) champion. Was duffing and shanking all over the shop and the nerves really got the better of me. I downed a double jameson at the turn (clock had yet to strike 09:30 hrs) I was that out of sorts. I'd be standing over the ball in total paralysis thinking to myself "this could f**king go anywhere, if I even hit it". Pure torture. Shot 39 on the backside though after the whiskey, so maybe there's something in that.

EDIT: Yes, that is 53 strokes on the front side. I hit two houses and lost about 4 balls.

Ah here Tiger would you go and fcuk off with your complaining!!
There is feck all wrong with a 92!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Puckoon

There is when it comes from not being able to hit the ball!! Wouldn't have minded so much if it was 3 putting (although 3 putting is criminal, its the same as taking a penalty drop at the end of each hole), or shit like that. What was rotten was that I couldn't keep the damn ball on the golf course!

Example - stood up on par 3 3rd - playing 145 into the wind - after coming off a double bogey and a ropey par. 8 iron in hand. Thinking to myself - ok - just hit a decent strike here, anywhere around the green - get the nerves gone and you'll be grand.

Shanked it right into the shit about 20 yards front and right of the tee. That was weird says I - play another ball. 8 iron - shanked the f**ker into the same spot.

I don't know if you've ever experienced that feeling of "this could go absolutely anywhere, even if I manage to hit it". I was literally nervous to take my backswing and even attempt to hit the ball.

It's all relative - I'm no tiger, but I've been playing a long time and the feeling, the nerves and the pressure of playing with these really good strangers was not fun, and it should always be fun!

laoislad

Great to see Sergio back to winning ways.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Geoff Tipps

Back in the Ryder cup team now. Wild cards will probably go to Poulter and Colsaerts.