The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link

Quote from: Orior on July 11, 2012, 01:58:09 PM
Quote from: Link on July 11, 2012, 01:53:31 PM
Lads, i'm looking to head away for a weekend with the other half. Was thinking along the lines of 2 nights b&b, maybe a golf lesson for myself and one of those fancy spa treatments for her.
Was thinking along the lines of carton house, mount juliet etc. Could anyone recommend anywhere without me having to shell out a fortune? Thanks in advance

http://www.roeparkresort.com/

Alternatively, I'll give your other half the golf lesson, and you go for the spa treatment.

Less of that chat!

I'm sure roe park would be great but its my local course. Don't think she'd be best pleased going to Limavady for the weekend. Cheers anyway!!

thebigfella

I'd say Carton House as you have the GUI academy. It will be expensive though at the weekend and lessons are not cheap either http://www.learntogolf.ie. Fantastic set-up though and you really would want to play at least one of the courses if you were staying there.

Rois

Druid's Glen were doing great offers there recently. 

Throw ball

Druids Glen is a top place. On a cheaper side I see Castle Dargan, Sligo are doing deals. Have never been there though. Knightsbrook in Trim offers golf and spa. The course is good and the wife enjoyed the Spa treatments but location not great and damn all else around - but maybe that is what you are looking. ;)

stew

I got my first ever hole in one yesterday, a 265 yard par four at a course called Hilly haven, it was on the 11th hole, I went from four over to one over in one hole, what I get for my troubles is the flag gets pulled and put in a glass case on display and my name on the Hole in One plaque.

I watched a mate get on three weeks ago at a par three on a different course, unreal!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

JimStynes

Quote from: stew on July 11, 2012, 03:59:19 PM
I got my first ever hole in one yesterday, a 265 yard par four at a course called Hilly haven, it was on the 11th hole, I went from four over to one over in one hole, what I get for my troubles is the flag gets pulled and put in a glass case on display and my name on the Hole in One plaque.

I watched a mate get on three weeks ago at a par three on a different course, unreal!

Unreal! What do you play off Stew?

Orior

Quote from: stew on July 11, 2012, 03:59:19 PM

Okay, not bad.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Declan

Nice one stew. +4 after eleven - you bandit ;)
What did you finish at?

leaveherinsir

Anybody ever use this site to buy clubs, looking a set of Titleist AP1 712 irons, think i can save £160 on this site, is it too good to be true?

http://www.cheapgolfstoreuk.com/cheap-Titleist-AP1-712-Irons-for-sale_1205.html

laoislad

Quote from: leaveherinsir on July 11, 2012, 10:04:32 PM
Anybody ever use this site to buy clubs, looking a set of Titleist AP1 712 irons, think i can save £160 on this site, is it too good to be true?

If it sounds too good to be true it usually is.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Minder

Quote from: leaveherinsir on July 11, 2012, 10:04:32 PM

"One mouth warranty", mmm...............
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

stew

Quote from: Declan on July 11, 2012, 06:50:39 PM
Nice one stew. +4 after eleven - you bandit ;)
What did you finish at?

16 over  :-\ I was shaking like a leaf and to be honest i just wanted to walk off but I had money on with a mate and he insisted I play on, i couldnt have given a shite even though it cost me 50 bucks.

The funny think is I was seven over after 11 and normally I am two to three over by that stage.

I am a 7.1 over here, in Ireland I am at least a 10 or 11.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Orior

Anyone know a good iPhone app for range finding on golf courses?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

Billys Boots

Quote from: Orior on July 12, 2012, 10:01:40 PM
Anyone know a good iPhone app for range finding on golf courses?

Golf GPS is free, but the course you're playing has to be on their list - I've had a look in my own locality and they're all on it.  For free you can't go wrong - if it doesn't work delete it.  There's a pay-version of the app too, but I've never been interested enough.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...