The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 28, 2012, 10:35:51 PM
lucky enough with the weather down at the port the day outside a severe downpour and thunder which postponed things for an hour! get up early the mor for the early start, good atmosphere and fairly big crowds, could do with out all the union jacks lined the whole way to the club on the lamp posts along the road, saying the golf heavily televised on TV

I take it the grub is ten prices?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Orior

lucky enough with the weather down at the port the day outside a severe downpour and thunder which postponed things for an hour! get up early the mor for the early start, good atmosphere and fairly big crowds, could do with out all the union jacks lined the whole way to the club on the lamp posts along the road, saying the golf heavily televised on TV

You would have thought the Police could have dealt with those considering the amount of media coverage the Irish Open is getting
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

AQMP

Don't know a huge amount about the mechanics of golf but I notice players seem to be scoring lowly in not perfect weather conditions.  Maybe the modern pro doesn't find Portrush hugely challenging??

Puckoon

Any rain will soften the greens, pretty much means they can fire at the pins. The inclement weather certainly boosted Rory's winning score at congressional.

That said, I seriously doubt portrush is in the top 5 tough courses for those guys.

Denn Forever

Quote from: Orior on June 28, 2012, 10:57:59 PM

You would have thought the Police could have dealt with those considering the amount of media coverage the Irish Open is getting

The course name is Royal Portrush so thats maybe why.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

thewobbler

Quote from: AQMP on June 29, 2012, 12:44:56 PM
Don't know a huge amount about the mechanics of golf but I notice players seem to be scoring lowly in not perfect weather conditions.  Maybe the modern pro doesn't find Portrush hugely challenging??

Don't knows about this. The organisers have done why most Tour events do and made the course very playable. Spectators want to see birdies and eagles and Portrush is providing that opportunity.

I guarantee that should it ever get the Open Championship, the fairways would be narrower, the rough longer, the greens faster - and probably at least one of the par 5s would be a par 4.

laoislad

Quote from: Denn Forever on June 29, 2012, 03:31:46 PM

One way to solve that Union Jack problem is to not let the Irish Open to be played outside the 26 again.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

thewobbler

This is a golf thread not a fishing thread Laois lad.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on June 29, 2012, 04:56:06 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on June 29, 2012, 03:31:46 PM

One way to solve that Union Jack problem is to not let the Irish Open to be played outside the 26 again.
The north has it sorted. Irish Open then British Open and maybe the European Open. The world is our lobster.

laoislad

Joanne Cantwell looking well, she's no Di Stewart but.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Orior

Have to say that the organisation at the golf today was top class. Got there and back home with incredible efficiency.

Pity there wasn't a home winner.

screenexile

Apparently due to the amount of rain the course had too much moisture in it. G-Mac was saying it was a pity the course was so green and that the greens were softened up because it wasn't playing as a true links course. He went on to say that it was in the best shape the grounds staff could have got it in though.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Orior on July 01, 2012, 08:37:29 PM
Have to say that the organisation at the golf today was top class. Got there and back home with incredible efficiency.

Pity there wasn't a home winner.
+1. Was there on Sat and the bus system was great. Was expecting huge queues but we were on a bus and away within 5 minutes.

Link

Lads, i'm looking to head away for a weekend with the other half. Was thinking along the lines of 2 nights b&b, maybe a golf lesson for myself and one of those fancy spa treatments for her.
Was thinking along the lines of carton house, mount juliet etc. Could anyone recommend anywhere without me having to shell out a fortune? Thanks in advance

Orior

Quote from: Link on July 11, 2012, 01:53:31 PM
Lads, i'm looking to head away for a weekend with the other half. Was thinking along the lines of 2 nights b&b, maybe a golf lesson for myself and one of those fancy spa treatments for her.
Was thinking along the lines of carton house, mount juliet etc. Could anyone recommend anywhere without me having to shell out a fortune? Thanks in advance

http://www.roeparkresort.com/

Alternatively, I'll give your other half the golf lesson, and you go for the spa treatment.