The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mick999

maco

Have £2.50 each way on Webb Simpson at 80/1, so hoping that Jim loses it a bit over the last 2 holes. Poor 2nd shot from him at the 17th, so there's hope yet.

gawa316

Quote from: maco on June 18, 2012, 03:06:03 AM
Have £2.50 each way on Webb Simpson at 80/1, so hoping that Jim loses it a bit over the last 2 holes. Poor 2nd shot from him at the 17th, so there's hope yet.
[/quote

Well you'll defo get your top 3!

Birdie from Gmac on 17th just keeps him in it but birdie on 18th is very difficult

gawa316

Not to be. Webb simpson by 1

heganboy

Jaysus he cut that close.
Our Graeme, just didn't get he rub of the green at all today.
Great run at it all the same.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

offtheground

I'm looking for an Adult Season ticket for the Irish Open in Portrush - If anyone knows of one for sale, PM me. Thanks.

screenexile

Anyone else bought tickets for the Irish Open but not got them yet? They said it would be within 2 weeks of the event but it's getting a bit tight now and wouldn't want to be caught out. Anyone else having the same problem??!!!

Stevie Nicks

Quote from: screenexile on June 19, 2012, 02:20:01 PM
Anyone else bought tickets for the Irish Open but not got them yet? They said it would be within 2 weeks of the event but it's getting a bit tight now and wouldn't want to be caught out. Anyone else having the same problem??!!!

Yes I just received an email today which says my tickets are being posted today, so expect an email in the next day or 2.

gerrykeegan

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Declan

And it's a fairway bunker as well!!

Denn Forever

Just wondering, do you have to have all your clubs of the same orientation i.e.all right handed or all left handed?

I ask this as I was watching Harrington with a bad lie.  He had to stand on a slope above his ball.  If he'd had a left handed club he could have had a more stable/flatter to stand on while he swung. 

Just wondering like.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

laoislad

Quote from: Denn Forever on June 28, 2012, 03:44:57 PM
Just wondering, do you have to have all your clubs of the same orientation i.e.all right handed or all left handed?

I ask this as I was watching Harrington with a bad lie.  He had to stand on a slope above his ball.  If he'd had a left handed club he could have had a more stable/flatter to stand on while he swung. 

Just wondering like.
You could have a bag full of putters if you so wished.
Once you have only 14 clubs you can have whatever mixture of clubs you want.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Orior

Last week my playing partner had duffed a few shots and asked me to pick up his ball.

I cleverly thought I would chip it back to him using the back of my putter, thought it was in a bad lie. I hit it so well, that I near took his head off, and the ball went about 50 yards.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Puckoon

Quote from: Denn Forever on June 28, 2012, 03:44:57 PM

Just wondering like.

Once in a while you really wish you had a left handed club, but most decent golfers (definitely the pro's) wouldn't think about putting a left handed club in and sacraficing one of their wedges or utility clubs "just in case". That would really put you out of contention if your mindset was one where you were going to throw a lefty in there just incase you got in the shit before you even reached the first tee! :)

Wildweasel74

lucky enough with the weather down at the port the day outside a severe downpour and thunder which postponed things for an hour! get up early the mor for the early start, good atmosphere and fairly big crowds, could do with out all the union jacks lined the whole way to the club on the lamp posts along the road, saying the golf heavily televised on TV