The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

Used to play it a fair bit Bud, then I got the I-pad and there's plenty more golf games on there

JimStynes

Got my new vokey 56 degree today, first shot with it was about 60 yards out that went within 1 foot of the pin  ;D

Anyone know any good courses that I could play this week that are dry. Links courses will probably be the only ones reasonably dry and playable. Lurgan is soaking at the minute.

thewobbler

I played Seapoint during the week Jim and it was in remarkably good condition. It's more of a parkland than a links IMHO; the first 9 in particular. Worth the spin to Drogheda.

muppet

Quote from: thewobbler on January 01, 2012, 04:38:42 PM
I played Seapoint during the week Jim and it was in remarkably good condition. It's more of a parkland than a links IMHO; the first 9 in particular. Worth the spin to Drogheda.

Tough course that, particularly the start when you haven't got the 50 bad shots out of the way yet.
MWWSI 2017

JimStynes

I might give RCD a shout tomorrow morning and see if there is any times available. 50 quid green fees at the moment.

JimStynes

Played Royal County Down today lads What a f**king course! Words cant describe how good that place is! Dry as a bone as well. The wind was strong, I hit a 400 yard drive and then my mate followed that up with a 450 yard drive!! I couldnt believe it! Against the wind we were taking drivers to 230 odd yard and not gettting anywhere near it! I came away with 28 points, 7 lost balls and 4 dings Hit some cracking shots and then some poor ones but didnt care I was having that much fun!

Megaman

great photos there Jim

Ok, does anyone know the best / cheapest way to ship one club (driver) from USA, i have been looking at some of the postal companys and if i am doing it right, it seems really expensive.  :o

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Megaman on January 19, 2012, 12:15:44 PM
great photos there Jim

Ok, does anyone know the best / cheapest way to ship one club (driver) from USA, i have been looking at some of the postal companys and if i am doing it right, it seems really expensive.  :o

I got a driver shipped last year with UPS. Think it was around $40. I think the cheapest shipping (which wasn't available to me because the company i dealt with only used UPS) is USPS.

Megaman

thanks geoff

i already tried on usps website, but maybe im doing it wrong as in was really expensive to ship  - the way i worked it out anyway.  ???

JimStynes

Ruairi has started rightly in Abu Dhabi I see. Anybody have any links for it?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JimStynes on January 26, 2012, 10:45:43 PM
Aye I see Sergio hit an ace at the 7th. Wins a 3 night stay in some famcy hotel every year for life!

mick999

This site has all the channels :

http://mypremium.tv/

Just click on SS2

Megaman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 26, 2012, 10:55:43 PM
Aye I see Sergio hit an ace at the 7th. Wins a 3 night stay in some famcy hotel every year for life!

there was another guy (cant mind his name now) got a hole in one on the same hole shortly after sergio, and gets feck all

was glad to see that start, as i had him done for 1st round leader  :D

heganboy

Gareth Maybin is flying, just one off the lead and rory and tiger one behind that, harrington has come out of hiding and sitting one further back, and would you believe "here's our Graeme with a reminder" is also in the hunt one back from Paddy.

Sounds like Irish golf is in a good place...
(Big Darren 9 over today and missed the cut as did Lowry and McGrane)
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Megaman

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 19, 2012, 01:14:25 PM
Quote from: Megaman on January 19, 2012, 12:15:44 PM
great photos there Jim

I got a driver shipped last year with UPS. Think it was around $40. I think the cheapest shipping (which wasn't available to me because the company i dealt with only used UPS) is USPS.

i finnally found a cheaper way (just need to tick a box)

Not 100% sure but if i remember correctly you have to pay customs etc, how do you get away with that.