The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leaveherinsir

Quote from: leaveherinsir on October 24, 2011, 08:48:29 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on October 23, 2011, 11:08:44 PM
What an achievement by Luke Donald topping the earnings lists on both the European and PGA tours. All he needs now is to pick up one of the Big Four and have to say he would thoroughly deserve one
Was reading earlier still 8 tournaments on European Tour left, inc the megamoney finish in Dubail. Donad's wife is expecting a baby in next week or two, so maybe he could be caught yet.Granted must have been some round by him yesterday tho. Aesthetically the best golf swing on tour right now.
He can definitely see McIlroy in his wing mirrors now. Could be interesting this weekend.

JimStynes

Anybody been to any of the GUI clinics or a titleist custom fitting at carton house before?

Declan

QuoteAnybody been to any of the GUI clinics or a titleist custom fitting at carton house before?

Not yet but got a voucher for the birthday which I hope to redeem early in New Year

Tony Baloney

GUI clinics?! Pair of dirty hoors.

Orior

Quote from: JimStynes on December 13, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
Anybody been to any of the GUI clinics or a titleist custom fitting at carton house before?

Not sure if it is the same, but I got custom fitted irons and woods at the Golf Spot in Bangor Co. Down.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Bud Wiser

Was in Manchester airport there last week and bought a golf magazine to while away waiting time and in it they had a "best letter wins an electric golf trolley.  I could not find it on the web so I have retyped it below. I got a laugh outa it anyway.

I play golf with my Dad every Saturday morning. The club we play at has a very strict dress code, which of course is right and proper. But in this case the club actually operates a bit like a former communist state and each member is obliged to 'inform' on any other members not wearing the appropriate attire, or breaking any club rules in general. 

Recently, an elderly member was asked to change into something more appropriate after wearing a pair of pastel blue Fred Perry tennis shorts from the 1970's. The shorts were deemed too short and one of the lady members complained because it put her off her lunch !

Unfortunately, my Dad was recently the victim of an informer. After an operation on his ankle he attended the driving range with his right foot in plaster and a rather sensitive member of the club complained because she didn't like the look of his toes, which, according to her 'should have been masked with a regulation golf sock or a proper golf shoe.

Brilliantly however, the club captain dismissed the report as 'mere petulance' and issued the following statement – which was printed and placed beside the report-on the clubs notice board;

If any of our members have a foot phobia or find the sight of toes offensive, please tell someone who cares or hand your membership card in at reception.  I haven't heard anything so ridiculous since one of the Bee Gees said "Hey, I know ! Why don't we try singing falsetto?"
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

JimStynes

Quote from: Declan on December 14, 2011, 08:44:20 AM
QuoteAnybody been to any of the GUI clinics or a titleist custom fitting at carton house before?

Not yet but got a voucher for the birthday which I hope to redeem early in New Year

Was that the short game voucher on that rewarding times website?

Tony Baloney

Lee Westwood is -20 after a 60 and 64 in the first 2 rounds in Thailand. Which is decent.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 16, 2011, 10:09:33 AM
Lee Westwood is -20 after a 60 and 64 in the first 2 rounds in Thailand. Which is decent.
The holes in Thailand are the size of buckets I am reliably informed  ;)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Doogie Browser on December 16, 2011, 10:46:03 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 16, 2011, 10:09:33 AM
The holes in Thailand are the size of buckets I am reliably informed  ;)
Ba-dum tish! He's here all week ladies and gentlemen!  ;D

ha ha derry

R & A have passed legislation that competion vouchers can now be used against annual subs and in the club bar / restaurant. Do you think this will affect scoring in 2012 ???  ::)

Bud Wiser

Has anyone tried this to pass an hour ?

www.wgt.com
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"