Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

Quotebut where is the sacrifice if you love the game surely nobody has asked them to make all these sacrifices dont cod yourself its for the green and red its for themselves first and everything else afterwards.

You're either trying to rise people, or you're a miserable ould begrudger (nicest word I could apply).
Do you not think there's any sacrifice in going out training 5 nights a week practically year round these days?
Giving up any social life you might have with your friends?
Not being able to plan weekends away because of matches?
Getting anonymous whingers like you criticising them?

Of course they do it for the love of the game and the glory it could bring, but that doesn't mean there are no sacrifices.

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

the Deel Rover

Wll said tubberman i'd say the ship is one of those who never kicked a ball in his life. Heads to the matches and abuses the players because he paid he hard earned money to watch them play.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

the ship

where is the sacrifice if you love what you are doing and while training maybe a chore, again i come back to the point that nobody makes them do this everything is voluntry and the glory the fame from playing for your county and an all ireland medal in your back pocket will make up for all the so called sacrifices.

i would never abuse anyone and greatly admire all our county and club players for all the entertainemnet they give us adults and especially the excitement it brings to the young ones.

maybe whatever back water you come from abuse players but where im from we cherish our players.       

AbbeySider

First 'the ship' says:

Quote from: the ship
...maybe he should be thanful more than we should be thanful for him.

And then he comes out with :

Quote from: the ship on April 20, 2007, 01:21:28 PM
maybe whatever back water you come from abuse players but where im from we cherish our players.       

Where he comes from they are not "thankful" yet he claims they "cherish" players

This guy is a walking contradiction and complete hypocrite!
(putting it politely)

Run along back to your lectures now, good boy...

the Deel Rover

Lads the ship is only  a s**t  Stirrer i'm not even going to respond to him.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

the ship

abbeysider,point out to me where i said we were not thankful for the players, read my posts  slowly take your time then ask someone to explain what i wrote.

as for our friend the deel rover i would hate to have you playing beside me if a few words can upset you like that what would a knockmore man do to you.

AbbeySider

Quote from: the ship on April 24, 2007, 11:03:33 AM
abbeysider,point out to me where i said we were not thankful for the players

Ok, Here you go... when talking about Kevin O Neill you said:

Quote from: the ship
...so maybe he should be thanful more than we should be thanful for him.

That second quote is suggesting that you are not very "thankful for the players".
Or even thankful for the likes of Kevin O Neill making the sacrifices he does.

Let me know if you need any more help there Ship.

the ship

you grasp of the english language is letting you down, can you point out where i said we were not thanful, no suggestion now

Msgr. Horan

Lads, lads, tis time to be focusing on the showdown in Pearse Stadium and not bickering with this owl shite.

the ship

fair enough but lets hope the abbeysider is not compiling the programme or the deel rover is not playing, probably the u10 game at half time would suit him.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: the ship on April 19, 2007, 01:27:42 PM
sure is he not doing what most of us would love to do play for our counties but never got the chance so maybe he should be thanful
more than we should be thanful for him.

Ship ur original statement was agressive towards a fella who for one reason or another never got a decent run with mayo and now in the last couple of years hes gettin a fair go.
The article is just him syaing its tough with the job he does, travelling out foreign and living in dublin, which it is but nobody doubts that chuckie is deligthed to be playing and captaining mayo.
So maybe relax, start over, abbeysider is a good fella, knows his stuff about mayo.
And as for knockmore lads doing anything to anybody, sure we're nice lads, wouldnt harm a fly  ;)
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

the Deel Rover

Quote from: the ship on April 24, 2007, 12:25:15 PM
fair enough but lets hope the abbeysider is not compiling the programme or the deel rover is not playing, probably the u10 game at half time would suit him.

"THE SHIP" Jesus your fierce funny you should be on stage your a wasted talent ,i tell you what when you have an all ireland club medal in your back pocket come back to me and we will talk football,  i have had enough of your childish comments  grow up.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

the ship

did not think my post was agressive towards the man in question.

Congrats on your all ireland medal but surprised seen as according to an earlier post of yours you gave up playing quite early because you did not have the talent or the commitment.

muscles magoo

Quote from: the ship on April 24, 2007, 11:22:08 AM
you grasp of the english language is letting you down, can you point out where i said we were not thanful, no suggestion now

Sorry buddy, but reading the above post leads me to believe that it's you that needs the English lessons....

the ship