Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Quote from: Tubberman on February 10, 2010, 11:04:20 AM
QuoteWTF was his banner about last sunday too, something about Max Clifford ffs. Is he from Swinford, thought i heard that before. Eejit.

From Westport I think. The novelty factor for most people wore off after about 3 matches, but he seems to still be basking in his minor local celebrity/nutjob status.
Ah right, remember him saying on the radio in 06 that he'd walk from Swinford to Westport if Mayo won.

moysider

The 'Western' reports the return of Young Mort and Alan Dillon later this week. It will bw interesting to see how they will be reintroduced. Harte has to return as well. With Ronaldson and Varley doing well in the ff line and Andy and SOS going well in hf line there should be healthy competition for the 6 positions. I suppose we ll have to see how it develops over the rest of the league.

ballinaman

Ya, looking forward to the FBD final team now. I wonder will Dillon and Mort be given 20 mins...

moysider

Quote from: ballinaman on February 16, 2010, 11:35:54 PM
Ya, looking forward to the FBD final team now. I wonder will Dillon and Mort be given 20 mins...

Very unlikely. Might be used off the bench for the Dublin game. There s pressure on these away lads now and no harm.

rosnarun

Quote from: ballinaman on February 10, 2010, 12:14:27 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on February 10, 2010, 11:04:20 AM
QuoteWTF was his banner about last sunday too, something about Max Clifford ffs. Is he from Swinford, thought i heard that before. Eejit.

From Westport I think. The novelty factor for most people wore off after about 3 matches, but he seems to still be basking in his minor local celebrity/nutjob status.
Ah right, remember him saying on the radio in 06 that he'd walk from Swinford to Westport if Mayo won.
didnt see him in omagh sunday . has he retired? was a sad looking figure in Mitchells bar after the game against galway maybe he realizes he just annoys people
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Farrandeelin

Maybe he just took a break. Christ, he was doing the rounds AFTER Mayo minors lost to Armagh in the final last year. You'd think he'd have enough cop on and realise that nobody was interested in him after losing an AIF.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 17, 2010, 08:48:32 AM
Maybe he just took a break. Christ, he was doing the rounds AFTER Mayo minors lost to Armagh in the final last year. You'd think he'd have enough cop on and realise that nobody was interested in him after losing an AIF.

i think i heard on the mwr sportshow on sunday that he was in hospital and they were wishing him well
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

An Gaeilgoir

He is from Westport, a tay-pot of the highest order and an embarrassment to the county. It's time he sat down, shut up and watched the game for a change.

AbbeySider

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on February 17, 2010, 11:37:34 AM
He is from Westport, a tay-pot of the highest order and an embarrassment to the county. It's time he sat down, shut up and watched the game for a change.

Well said,
He is a total distraction and if he is told to shut up or jog on he has been known to cause a scene and get aggressive shouting back.

AbbeySider

Ronnie is the latest victim of the "TV Referee"...  :-\  :(
He is a loss on his current form...

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/ronaldson-faces-ban-2070428.html

Ronaldson faces ban

Mayo's Mark Ronaldson has become the latest GAA player to face suspension on the basis of video evidence after his yellow card in Omagh last Sunday was upgraded to a red card, WRITES COLM KEYS.

Ronaldson was yellow carded for an offence late in the game involving Tyrone defender Ryan McMenamin.

But the CCCC have decided that Ronaldson's offence is more serious than just a yellow card and have decided to propose a four- week suspension for him. If Mayo don't have a hearing for the player before the weekend, he will be clear to play in the FBD Connacht league final against Galway on Sunday.

If he is banned for four weeks, he will then miss the Dublin and Derry league games.

'Trial by TV' has been under the microscope all week after three Tyrone players -- Justin McMahon, Martin Penrose and Conor Gormley -- were banned for four weeks.

Kerry have been notified of a proposed eight-week ban for Paul Galvin, who was red carded against Cork last weekend.

Kerry chairman Jerome Conway has already indicated that the player and the board are preparing to fight the ban. He was sent-off after 20 minutes of Kerry's defeat to Cork for wrestling with Eoin Cadogan.

The pair ended up on the ground and referee Maurice Deegan, after consulting with a linesman, ordered both players off. Cadogan has been proposed for a four-week ban but he is clear to play for the Cork hurlers on Sunday in their opening league match.

Irish Independent

Farrandeelin

highking

Im just wondering - did anybody who is a McHale Park season ticket holder - get a ticket/free pass in the post for the NHL game v Kerry. Im a season ticket holder, but had to pay Eur10 at the gate to get into the hurling. I didnt go to the Mayo-Galway football game last month, and tried to use that pass to get into the hurling - but it was refused.

It's not good enough when season ticket holders who pay out Eur400 a year cant get into NHL home games.

AbbeySider

Quote from: highking on March 03, 2010, 01:38:27 AM
Im just wondering - did anybody who is a McHale Park season ticket holder - get a ticket/free pass in the post for the NHL game v Kerry. Im a season ticket holder, but had to pay Eur10 at the gate to get into the hurling. I didnt go to the Mayo-Galway football game last month, and tried to use that pass to get into the hurling - but it was refused.

It's not good enough when season ticket holders who pay out Eur400 a year cant get into NHL home games.

Its a farce!
When paying €400, what and how many games do you actually get into?

Zulu

It's my understanding that the tickets are code specific, so you have to buy two season tickets for each code if you want to attand both, which seems fair to me.

Farrandeelin

Zulu, this is a different thing altogether for the Mayo county board to develop their own stand. €400 was meant to guarantee free entry into all home games, not just a selected few. I wonder did they charge €15 for the bloody FBD as well on top of the €400?? I wouldn't be one bit surprised