Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

Quote from: muppet on December 08, 2009, 05:40:55 PM
This is Gaa. It is an irrevocable right to abuse management without any basis.

Elaborate that statement

muppet

Quote from: AbbeySider on December 08, 2009, 07:53:29 PM

Elaborate that statement

This is Gaa. It is an irrevocable right to take the mick without having to burden myself with giving an explanation.
MWWSI 2017

moysider

I would have expected Crossmolina s Joe Keane to have been at that trial.

AbbeySider

Quote from: moysider on December 08, 2009, 10:15:34 PM

Thats Joe Keane the younger, corner back?

Definitely

Coolio

Lads would ye not be getting excited... I mean it is clear that well over half the team that played on th u21 side the last day won't be on th team when Championship comes around. Dempsey will have 20 different lads there next week. And on the senior side there was possibly only two that have any chance of playing senior for Mayo in the League or Championship
We're the devils men...

moysider

James Burke needs to be repatriated if at all possible. Ardnaree have come a long way recently and James would be a huge boost to them, but with him working in Dublin its a long shot. Probably the best 7 available to us in Mayo. Especially if they persist in using Keith Higgins at 4.

moysider

Quote from: AbbeySider on December 08, 2009, 11:29:12 PM
Quote from: moysider on December 08, 2009, 10:15:34 PM

Thats Joe Keane the younger, corner back?

Definitely

Yeah, the Younger. The Elder should have got more time but it s not going to happen for him now. Like Hughes in Ballina  some people see size and move on. They dont see the quality and pick big chumps instead.

ballinaman

Quote from: moysider on December 09, 2009, 12:59:09 AM

James Burke needs to be repatriated if at all possible. Ardnaree have come a long way recently and James would be a huge boost to them, but with him working in Dublin its a long shot. Probably the best 7 available to us in Mayo. Especially if they persist in using Keith Higgins at 4.
Agreed. He was nonimated for a blue star award for the dublin champioship the year before last and could be up for another this year.

AbbeySider

Quote from: muppet on December 08, 2009, 08:04:48 PM
Elaborate that statement
This is Gaa. It is an irrevocable right to take the mick without having to burden myself with giving an explanation.

;) :D

Quote from: Coolio on December 09, 2009, 12:08:27 AM
Lads would ye not be getting excited... I mean it is clear that well over half the team that played on th u21 side the last day won't be on th team when Championship comes around. Dempsey will have 20 different lads there next week. And on the senior side there was possibly only two that have any chance of playing senior for Mayo in the League or Championship

I dont know...
AFAIK only one of our players from the winning U21 side will be called in next week.

My point is that there is at least 3 of our current senior team, just over 21 that deserve a trial.

I think we conceded less points than anyone in the Senior Championship up to and including the quarter finals and in my view, and many others view we have one of the best defences in the county.
We won 12 games this year, drew one and lost a quarter final to the eventual runners up, by a couple of points, playing the worst game we played in two years.

From minor up we are the most successful club in the county for the last 5 years.

It feels like we are the only team in the county that is being overlooked and its blatant. The cold shoulder is obvious and I dont know why.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AbbeySider on December 09, 2009, 10:42:36 AM
Elaborate that statement

I dont know...
AFAIK only one of our players from the winning U21 side will be called in next week.

My point is that there is at least 3 of our current senior team, just over 21 that deserve a trial.

I think we conceded less points than anyone in the Senior Championship up to and including the quarter finals and in my view, and many others view we have one of the best defences in the county.
We won 12 games this year, drew one and lost a quarter final to the eventual runners up, by a couple of points, playing the worst game we played in two years.

From minor up we are the most successful club in the county for the last 5 years.

It feels like we are the only team in the county that is being overlooked and its blatant. The cold shoulder is obvious and I dont know why.

check the voting pattern in the last general election and you could have your answer abbeysider  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

stephenite

Quote from: the Deel Rover on December 09, 2009, 09:49:27 PM
Quote from: AbbeySider on December 09, 2009, 10:42:36 AM
Elaborate that statement

I dont know...

check the voting pattern in the last general election and you could have your answer abbeysider  ;)

;D

AbbeySider

Quote from: stephenite on December 09, 2009, 09:54:10 PM
;D

:o
Its blatantly obvious and was staring me straight in the face the whole time!

Is it down to the vote ratio JOM got in each parish that indicated how many players he would bring in from each club?

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaayus....  :P

I though he would have got a few strokes in Ballintubber, I must be wrong. But he must have romped home with the votes from Garymore, Castlebar and Westport.

It all makes sense now...  ;)  :D

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AbbeySider on December 10, 2009, 09:26:33 AM
Quote from: stephenite on December 09, 2009, 09:54:10 PM
;D

:o
Its blatantly obvious and was staring me straight in the face the whole time!

Is it down to the vote ratio JOM got in each parish that indicated how many players he would bring in from each club?

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaayus....  :P

I though he would have got a few strokes in Ballintubber, I must be wrong. But he must have romped home with the votes from Garymore, Castlebar and Westport.

It all makes sense now...  ;)  :D

now ya have it abbeysider ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Foreverhopeful

any word on latest trial match. Hearing good reports about james burke - ex-Ardnaree man

Tubberman

Quoteany word on latest trial match. Hearing good reports about james burke - ex-Ardnaree man

That's the lad that plays for Ballymun Kickhams isn't it?
Good to hear he's getting a trial - there was talk (not sure if it was on this board) that the Dubs were considering trying to get him to join their panel
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."