Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

JOM won't be found wanting he says. Despite that terrible performance yesterday he's determined to stay on for another 2 years.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

downgirl

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 10, 2009, 10:58:21 PM
JOM won't be found wanting he says. Despite that terrible performance yesterday he's determined to stay on for another 2 years.

Sure Ross Carr didn't want to step down either so who knows what will happen?!

macdanger2

I would be gutted to see JO'M leave. We can't keep changing managers when we don't get instant success.

rosnarun

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 10, 2009, 11:20:51 PM
I would be gutted to see JO'M leave. We can't keep changing managers when we don't get instant success.
instanst sucess , 3 fricking years and not an ounce of progress.
he takes over all ireland finalist and leaves a team losing a quater final that was there for the taking.
the wrong man gt the job for the wrong reasons replacing a a man sacked for the wrong reasons, I think mayo have been overgenerous to this dinosaur for too long.
If a manager can not get the best or anything like it out of his team  as the games get bigger he should know himself his time is up. maybe our best hope is an early election and he ewont be so worried about protecting his seat after that and give mayo a chance to start again
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

stephenite

Who would you install as the manager in his place Ros?

AbbeySider

Quote from: rosnarun on August 11, 2009, 12:56:24 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 10, 2009, 11:20:51 PM
instanst sucess , 3 fricking years and not an ounce of progress.
he takes over all ireland finalist and leaves a team losing a quater final that was there for the taking.
the wrong man gt the job for the wrong reasons replacing a a man sacked for the wrong reasons, I think mayo have been overgenerous to this dinosaur for too long.
If a manager can not get the best or anything like it out of his team  as the games get bigger he should know himself his time is up. maybe our best hope is an early election and he ewont be so worried about protecting his seat after that and give mayo a chance to start again

** yawns **  ::)

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

rosnarun

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 11, 2009, 07:52:54 PM
Quote from: stephenite on August 11, 2009, 07:05:35 AM
Who would you install as the manager in his place Ros?

James Horan.

maybe he seems to be coming on well or TJ Kilgallon a straight up kinda of guy who i feel would iron out some of the crinkles of some of the young guys.
though i think what we may need is a new face to the scene who would not have the inbuilt prejudices and blind spots we all have .
and maybe bring back some of the player with huge promise that seem to have fallen though the net . im thinking the kilcullens a campbell p hanely and others ( no not CMD thats ancient history now) and maybe restore some of our better players to their rightful positions .some one like mickey ned o sullivan or some crochety ff'er like Joe kernan
though i think the die is already cast with holmes and connelly waiting in the wings

stephenite

Yes - TJ's outstanding management record put's him streets ahead of any other possible candidates.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: stephenite on August 12, 2009, 06:24:41 AM
Yes - TJ's outstanding management record put's him streets ahead of any other possible candidates.

:D :D sorry ros couldn't help myself ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

rosnarun

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 12, 2009, 09:31:43 AM

well used to it
its about getting the manager that fits . the right ointment for the right Cut . JOM may have been it for galway at the time but very wrong for this mayo team. like pat holme was the wrong man for mayo a few years back but is really turning in good  results for the u21's.
I think some one with the respect through out the county that TJ has would start off on at a huge advantage.

moysider

Quote from: rosnarun on August 12, 2009, 09:43:21 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 12, 2009, 09:31:43 AM

well used to it
its about getting the manager that fits . the right ointment for the right Cut . JOM may have been it for galway at the time but very wrong for this mayo team. like pat holme was the wrong man for mayo a few years back but is really turning in good  results for the u21's.
I think some one with the respect through out the county that TJ has would start off on at a huge advantage.

Have I been missing something with the U21 results?! Our U21 display v Down this year was pathetic. A traditional county shaking their jersey and we rolled as badly as we have at senior in the past. Dont let that U21 AI win against Cork disguise the faltering the other years. The fact is we ve only converted 1 from 4 Connachts into AIs. That is not good unless your happy with beating our neighbours.

Mayo4Sam

I'd imagine dempsey has to be clear favourite to get the job after JOM. I can't see any other candidate from within the county. As for TJ, catch a grip. I'd say he doesn't even want the job. Where do these random thoughts come out of?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Mayo4Sam

And how would a new manager get pearce hanley back? Thats hardly JOM'S fault, not that you'd let that get in the way of ur bias
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me