Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mortified

quit your jibba jabba fool!!

RedandGreenSniper

Maybe one is the Gardiner that could point over his shoulder from 50 yards in Tuam and the other is the Gardiner that couldn't kick any of his three efforts from 25 yards against Tyrone!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Farrandeelin

Last year we were the second most loyal supporters in the country. That was all down to the gate receipts. Dublin romped home, while Mayo were in 2nd place. Keep the faith lads, we're bound to win Sam someday!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tubberman

Quotegardiner in twice tubberman, thats poor

Yeah, that was lazy, I admit it - I'm "mortified". There, that's what you wanted to hear isn't it!?

Anyway, shouldn't you be at WWE in the O2 watching your other heroes?  ;)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

AbbeySider

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on April 16, 2009, 06:06:44 PM
Barry Regan isn't in the panel. Robert Hennelly is but whether he keeps three keepers in remains to be seen. You're also missing Kieran Conroy there Tubberman and you've Gardiner in twice - Conroy'll be under pressure. Aidan Kilcoyne as well. I reckon Boyle, Mullins and then two from Sweeney, B Kelly, R Hennelly and possibly even Kilcoyne.

I thought Barry Regan was named as the last sub on the program the last day?
Conroy did well against Kerry and is good cover for FB and MF... its hard to know...

RedandGreenSniper

Think Aidan Kilcoyne was the last named on Sunday.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

highking

1   Chris Barrett   Belmullet
2   Ger Cafferkey   Ballina
3   David Clarke   Ballina
4   Kieran Conroy   Shrule-Glencorrib
5   Tom Cunniffe   Castlebar
6   Alan Dillon                   Ballintubber   
7   Peadar Gardiner   Crossmolina   
8   Patrick Harte   Ballina
9   David Heaney   Swinford
10   Keith Higgins   Ballyhaunis
11   Trevor Howley   Knockmore
12   Barry Kelly                   Ballaghaderreen
13   Aidan Kilcoyne   Knockmore
14   Ronan McGarrity   Ballina
15   Kevin McLoughlin   Knockmore
16   Andy Moran   Ballaghaderreen
17   Barry Moran   Castlebar
18   Conor Mortimer   Shrule-Glencorrib
19   Trevor Mortimer   Shrule-Glencorrib
20   James Nallen   Crossmolina
21   Austin O'Malley   St. Vincents (Dublin)
22   Kenneth O'Malley   Ballinrobe
23   Liam O'Malley   Burrishoole
24   Aidan O'Shea   Breaffy
25   Seamus O'Shea   Breaffy
26   Billy Joe Padden   Belmullet
27   Tom Parsons   Charlestown
28   Mark Ronaldson   Shrule-Glencorrib
29   Michael Sweeney   Kiltane
30   Donal Vaughan   Ballinrobe

AbbeySider

In the posters opinion, and in a panel of 30, are Heaney and Nallen keeping anyone out?

Not really I should think, but perhaps Barry Regan, Colm Boyle and Mullins may have been there ?

Also, the year McDonald was dropped, was it only a panel of 28 that was named?

westmayo

QuoteIn the posters opinion, and in a panel of 30, are Heaney and Nallen keeping anyone out?

Not really I should think, but perhaps Barry Regan, Colm Boyle and Mullins may have been there ?

Also, the year McDonald was dropped, was it only a panel of 28 that was named?

It was a panel of 29 last year that was named, but if I remember right JOM said that number 30 on the panel was for Chris Barrett who got injured at the tail end of the league if he recovered in time. As for Heany and Nallen, i don't really think they are taking a spot ahead of anyone who has anything more to offer than them. They bring a whole load of experience that hopefully they can pass on to some of the younger lads in the panel.

Davitt Man

appartently Nallen had a stormer yesterday when moved to midfield for Cross, did i hear right that McD came on in that game??

mortified

Quote from: Tubberman on April 16, 2009, 09:02:39 PM
Quotegardiner in twice tubberman, thats poor

Yeah, that was lazy, I admit it - I'm "mortified". There, that's what you wanted to hear isn't it!?

Anyway, shouldn't you be at WWE in the O2 watching your other heroes?  ;)

good comeback

mortified

just to settle a bet, can anyone tell me the last time mayo played in the bottom tier of the league, the person arguing with me is from sligo so not much credibility there

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Davitt Man on April 27, 2009, 03:20:20 PM
appartently Nallen had a stormer yesterday when moved to midfield for Cross, did i hear right that McD came on in that game??

Mc started the game davitt man both he and barry regan scored 6 points a piece and were the pick of the players on view . Like you said Jimmy was excellent from mid field in the 2nd half we were seven points down at 1/2 time but held ballaghadreen to 1 point in the 2nd half while scoring 1-8 ourselves. There was plenty of bite to the game with no team holding back Peadar G came in for a lot of special attention delighted with the result shows there is a bit of life in the old dog yet ;) we will know better on saturday after the match against charlestown .Was talking to a few ballagh supporters and they were filling me in on the realationship ( or lack of it) between o' mahony and regan interesting to say the least .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Farrandeelin

Looks like you've left it to ourselves and Ballina for who will be battling for 2nd place in the group then Deel.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 27, 2009, 06:50:40 PM
Looks like you've left it to ourselves and Ballina for who will be battling for 2nd place in the group then Deel.

Go on out of that Farrandeelin :) How did ye do yesterday ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001