Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

QuoteQuote from: muppet on Today at 12:25:49 PM
You had the whole of Mayo Gaa wondering who you were. 

With the greatest of respect to Barney, Mayo GAA must have had little enough for doing if that was causing them concern!

No offence taken!

It actually astounds/disturbs me that people would even care

Country Boy

You mean you never saw this Barney

Sent: 22 February 2006 21:38
To: info@mayogaa.com
Subject: Who is Barney!

It was apparent last year that at least one person on the Mayo Gaa fixtures and results emailing list was also a contributor to the famous www.gaadiscussionboard.com. I would be grateful if that person or persons would pass on this email to the board member who uses the name Barney

Barney – Its time to come clean.

It would appear that your identity has become a major topic of conversation for "some" followers of Mayo GAA – in particular one down here beside me, another one up there beside you.

They seem to think that I am you and you are me – That might be a bit confusing.

Try this - one seems to thinks that I am really you in disguise and the other seems to thinks that I gave me permission to set up your group in Dublin - That's not much better.

Barney please tell them that that you are not me, because they won't believe me when I tell them that I am not you.

Yours in sport

Kevin O'Toole

"Former" Mayo Gaa Pro.

RedandGreenSniper

:D That is hillarious! I never saw it either. I presume Mr Feeney and Mr Prenty are the two men O'Toole refers to?
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

muppet

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 27, 2009, 02:28:38 PM
:D That is hillarious! I never saw it either. I presume Mr Feeney and Mr Prenty are the two men O'Toole refers to?

That's what I was looking for earlier. Very funny email.
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Was that in early 2004?? I know that MWR were in on the act with naming somebody called Barney from GAAboard that time as well. That was the first time I ever heard of the board.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

rosnarun

or in gaaboard speak Farrandeelin and muppet
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

muppet

Quote from: rosnarun on February 28, 2009, 12:33:06 AM

MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Quote from: rosnarun on February 28, 2009, 12:33:06 AM

I doubt it somehow rosnarun. Sure I'm just a ladeen.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

StoneWall

St Colemans won the Connacht Colleges senior A for the first time since 1981, 0-13 to 1-7. St Geralds kicked 13 wides to Colemans 3. Cillian O'Connor had a chance to snatch it at the end but blazed wide when there was only 2 points in it.

FL/MAYO

listened to it on Mid West, Colman's played more as a team, Gerard's relied to much on O'Shea. Congrats to Colman's, there will be a great night in Claremorris tonight, one of those days  I wish i was back there.

RedandGreenSniper

Just in the door from the final. Best team won. Gerald's had the better players at their disposal but Colman's managed to mould a better team together. Gerald's, on the other hand, had no structure to their play. Hope I'm wrong but they could be well off the pace in the All-Ireland semi. But that's a concern for another day. They'll enjoy tonight and celebrate a long overdue success for both their school and Mayo schools in general.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

nooneshoutedstop

As is always Red and Green Sniper had it spot on, the better team won out on the day and deserve to be celebrating tonight. Gearld's shooting form from the semi-final haunted them again today, eight wides in the first half compared to Colmann's single wide in the same period.
It has to end sometime

moysider

Could not make today s game. I have to admit I got it wrong. I was at the Jar/Geralds semi and I thought Ger would sort out their shot selection and accuracy and win with a bit to spare. Sounds like they did nt. On the other hand 13 points is a fine total from Colmans. Jarlath s could not even manage half that v Geralds. This win by Colmans is all the more remarkable when you take into account the big margin of victory Gerards had against them in the league only 5 months ago. Obviously Colman s trained on well since. Their coach Vinny Walsh deserves great credit for this.

kevmy

Did anyone hear anything about Cafferkey getting injured playing for NUIG over the weekend?

I wouldn't like it to happen to him at this stage just when he's gettin a few games.

moysider

Quote from: kevmy on March 02, 2009, 12:31:13 PM
Did anyone hear anything about Cafferkey getting injured playing for NUIG over the weekend?

I wouldn't like it to happen to him at this stage just when he's gettin a few games.

Yeah. I mentioned it on the Mayo/Westmeath thread. Had to be replaced after 6 mins. I dont know what happened yet but he has a history of hamstring injuries. Barry Moran could nt play Sigerson final because of a torn hamstring. With Pat Kelly gone we could be thin enough for defensive cover if Caf is out.