Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 25, 2009, 11:50:10 PM
Kevin O'Toole elected PRO of the County Board tonight. New championship proposals not even discussed before being thrown out
so much for new blood Piaras could have brought real enthusiasm to the role (i know he was already on the board but o'toole is just back to the future)
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: rosnarun on February 26, 2009, 01:11:52 AM
Quoteenda has transferred to a club in sligo, we've seen the end of him for mayo
jaysus not this again
at least it should shut sligonian up for a while over parsons

Come on ros, ::) last time i checked we didnt go across any borders to get costello...unlike parsons.

But im feeling better about the situation now, 2009 has started well for me on every front, hope yer enjoying the sligomans form btw.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Barney

Quoteso much for new blood Piaras could have brought real enthusiasm to the role (i know he was already on the board but o'toole is just back to the future)

I don't know anything about either party but this is the way Mayo County Board operates - the same people are recycled in a cosy cartel and when an outside (such as Noelle Horan) are elected in they are hounded out. These are the reasons why we will never get our house in order and win something.

AbbeySider

Quote from: moysider on February 25, 2009, 10:42:36 PM
Quote from: AbbeySider on February 25, 2009, 03:00:06 PM
Quote from: moysider on February 25, 2009, 02:56:13 PM
Quote from: AbbeySider on February 25, 2009, 12:16:19 PM
Quote from: Davitt Man on February 25, 2009, 11:58:22 AM
Deel Rover, has Jimmy Nallen transfered to a Galway club, heard this over the weekend, is it true?

I seriously doubt that about Nallen.
I heard that Niall Costello is playing Centre Forward for Sligo Seniors at the minute.

Should nt that be Alan Costello? Formerly of Balla.

Ya meant Alan. Good footballer, best of luck to him

I agree. Could be a big addition for them because there was never any doubt about his ability to play at this level. Just his conditioning never seemed to be as good as it needed to be. Enda Devenney is another who could be worth involving in their set-up. Provided he got back to the level he was before he was injured Spring 2005. By the time he made the Mayo senior side he was only a shadow of the player he could have been and could be again - if he wants to be.

Thats a few players that have slipped through the net whom I thought I would see playing in the Green and Red...
Have they disappeared off the radar?

Michael Conroy ?
Aidan Kilcoyne ?
Enda Devenney ?
Ger Brady ?

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: AbbeySider on February 26, 2009, 09:05:08 AM
Quote from: moysider on February 25, 2009, 10:42:36 PM
Quote from: AbbeySider on February 25, 2009, 03:00:06 PM
Quote from: moysider on February 25, 2009, 02:56:13 PM
Quote from: AbbeySider on February 25, 2009, 12:16:19 PM
Quote from: Davitt Man on February 25, 2009, 11:58:22 AM
Deel Rover, has Jimmy Nallen transfered to a Galway club, heard this over the weekend, is it true?

I seriously doubt that about Nallen.
I heard that Niall Costello is playing Centre Forward for Sligo Seniors at the minute.

Should nt that be Alan Costello? Formerly of Balla.

Ya meant Alan. Good footballer, best of luck to him

I agree. Could be a big addition for them because there was never any doubt about his ability to play at this level. Just his conditioning never seemed to be as good as it needed to be. Enda Devenney is another who could be worth involving in their set-up. Provided he got back to the level he was before he was injured Spring 2005. By the time he made the Mayo senior side he was only a shadow of the player he could have been and could be again - if he wants to be.

Thats a few players that have slipped through the net whom I thought I would see playing in the Green and Red...
Have they disappeared off the radar?

Michael Conroy ?
Aidan Kilcoyne ?
Enda Devenney ?
Ger Brady ?

Conroy - probably not committed enough, which is his choice, one he's entitled to
Kilcoyne - has been sidelined this year. Think he's on the panel but I'm not certain. Hasn't delivered on the glimpses of class he showed in 2006 off the bench
Devenney - injury a major factor since 2005 but another lad who would be relaxed enough about the football
Ger Brady - played Sigerson with the Guards this year. JOM dispenses with his services fairly quickly. His direct running style can be useful and I think he's worth a panel place at least. But he does run into a lot of cul de sacs
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Barney on February 26, 2009, 08:13:02 AM
Quoteso much for new blood Piaras could have brought real enthusiasm to the role (i know he was already on the board but o'toole is just back to the future)

I don't know anything about either party but this is the way Mayo County Board operates - the same people are recycled in a cosy cartel and when an outside (such as Noelle Horan) are elected in they are hounded out. These are the reasons why we will never get our house in order and win something.

If you knew this situation you'd know that the phrase 'cosy cartel' certainly doesn't apply in this instance. The Noelle situation was far from ideal but fault lay on both sides of the house there. Of course the county board needs new blood, and badly, but I don't see too many people putting their hands up for consideration. Perhaps you might?

mayoman dan

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 25, 2009, 11:46:49 PM
enda has transferred to a club in sligo, we've seen the end of him for mayo
[/quote
Enda has transferred to another planet according to some ballina lads.]

the Deel Rover

Dont think there is any need for that comment mayoman dan .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

rosnarun

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 26, 2009, 12:29:19 PM
Quote from: Barney on February 26, 2009, 08:13:02 AM

If you knew this situation you'd know that the phrase 'cosy cartel' certainly doesn't apply in this instance. The Noelle situation was far from ideal but fault lay on both sides of the house there. Of course the county board needs new blood, and badly, but I don't see too many people putting their hands up for consideration. Perhaps you might?

thast was my point piaras o rallahhhh(reilly) with his media contacts would have brought a bit of freshness and imagination to thingd certainally cant see him leaving the county website as it is now which is a disgrace. mayo results rarely in the monday papers and i stopped looking at aertel years ago.

BTW was it kevin o tool that was meant to be barney a few years back
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

stephenite

The rumour that Kevin O'Toole was Barney was just that, and a scurrilous one to boot. From what I recall he was fairly good at getting results up on that excuse for a website the county board have so hopefully he can get that back on track.

RedandGreenSniper

In fairness there were two good candidates for the position and while I think the best man got the job, hopefully Piaras won't be left completely on the sidelines either. It depends too on what the PRO role will consist of. When O'Toole was in last he was fixtures secretary as well and did a very good job in fairness. Paddy McNicholas has that role now. So will this give O'Toole time to be purely a PRO and work on improving the image of the game, of the board and getting the name out there. That will be very important with the money that they'll need for McHale Park

Barney

QuoteBTW was it kevin o tool that was meant to be barney a few years back

What the hell? I never heard that one before

muppet

Quote from: Barney on February 27, 2009, 08:17:12 AM
QuoteBTW was it kevin o tool that was meant to be barney a few years back

What the hell? I never heard that one before

Ah Barney, there was a very funny email from Kevin addressed directly to you, I'll see if I can dig it out.

BTW Kevin thought that I (and a few others) might be Barney as well. You had the whole of Mayo Gaa wondering who you were. 
MWWSI 2017

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: muppet on February 27, 2009, 12:25:49 PM
You had the whole of Mayo Gaa wondering who you were. 

With the greatest of respect to Barney, Mayo GAA must have had little enough for doing if that was causing them concern!

AbbeySider

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 27, 2009, 12:34:50 PM
Quote from: muppet on February 27, 2009, 12:25:49 PM
You had the whole of Mayo Gaa wondering who you were. 

With the greatest of respect to Barney, Mayo GAA must have had little enough for doing if that was causing them concern!

Wouldnt be the first time references were made to this message board by the County Board...