Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Curses. Heard Barry Moran has hamstring trouble and is a doubt for Westmeath game.

Davitt Man

heard pat kelly left the panel?? any truth in this

RedandGreenSniper

Special Convention Wednesday night to select the new PRO. Piaras Reilly against former PRO Kevin O'Toole. It'll be very close! Anyone going?
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Barney

Didn't hear anything about Pat K - it wouldn't suprise me. Two very ordinary performances from him in the first league matches - no real arguement for keeping him on board.

Without Barry Moran we are clueless up front and depend entirely on Conor. Would be a huge loss for a vital game. Loser will be goners.

RedandGreenSniper

Barry Moran has always been injury prone and it is for this reason, not his ability, that I'd be worried about his prospects at full-forward. We don't have much alternative but it will happen, hopefully not too often, that we will have to plan without him and we'll look extremely clueless then.

mannix

AbbeySider

Quote from: mannix on February 24, 2009, 12:30:29 PM
Is anyone else getting bored?

Bored?
I dont really check this board anymore. Half the reason is because we are waaay over analytical and we seem to drag out topics about JOM and the McD sagas to death.
Im bored out of my head reading about JOM on this board so I just skim topics anymore. I have even gone as far as not reading some mayo posters messages at all.
Also, any up coming Mayo games are dragged out too much IMO. Same thing over and over.

There isnt half enough talk about Mayo club football, both under-age and the Senior ranks.

mannix

Farrandeelin

Quote from: AbbeySider on February 24, 2009, 12:55:36 PM
Quote from: mannix on February 24, 2009, 12:30:29 PM
Is anyone else getting bored?

Bored?
I dont really check this board anymore. Half the reason is because we are waaay over analytical and we seem to drag out topics about JOM and the McD sagas to death.
Im bored out of my head reading about JOM on this board so I just skim topics anymore. I have even gone as far as not reading some mayo posters messages at all.
Also, any up coming Mayo games are dragged out too much IMO. Same thing over and over.

There isnt half enough talk about Mayo club football, both under-age and the Senior ranks.

It's a pity thatthe County board don't get their act together and have proper fixtures, like nearly every other county has ckubs playing in February. Our Senior league doesn't start until April and it has always been that way.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

RedandGreenSniper

April is time enough. If you started the league's in February teams would be starting training in December. The season runs from April to October, that's plenty long enough. No need to be stretching it any further in fairness.

Speaking of something worth talking about outside of the usual JOM discussions I'm really looking forward to the Colleges Final on Sunday now. I'd really recommend anyone that's around to go to it. Its throwing in at 3pm in Ballinrobe. Gerald's against Colman's, I think it is the first ever all-Mayo clash in a Connacht Colleges Senior A final. Loads of promising players on show. Two good interviews in this week's Mayo News with Gerald's captain Aidan O'Shea and his Colman's counterpart Shane Nally. Both very grounded and mature lads and you'd have good faith in them.

O'Shea - http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6003&Itemid=39

Nally - http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5999&Itemid=39

The B Final is on before, St Louis of Kiltimagh taking on St Paul's of Oughterard, shouldn't be a bad game either, throwing in at half 1, I think.

FL/MAYO

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 24, 2009, 03:05:53 PM
April is time enough. If you started the league's in February teams would be starting training in December. The season runs from April to October, that's plenty long enough. No need to be stretching it any further in fairness.

Speaking of something worth talking about outside of the usual JOM discussions I'm really looking forward to the Colleges Final on Sunday now. I'd really recommend anyone that's around to go to it. Its throwing in at 3pm in Ballinrobe. Gerald's against Colman's, I think it is the first ever all-Mayo clash in a Connacht Colleges Senior A final. Loads of promising players on show. Two good interviews in this week's Mayo News with Gerald's captain Aidan O'Shea and his Colman's counterpart Shane Nally. Both very grounded and mature lads and you'd have good faith in them.

O'Shea - http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6003&Itemid=39

Nally - http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5999&Itemid=39

The B Final is on before, St Louis of Kiltimagh taking on St Paul's of Oughterard, shouldn't be a bad game either, throwing in at half 1, I think.

They seem like two mature lads, hope it is a good game with Colmans winning by a point.
I was first year in Colmans when they won the Hogan cup in 1977, it was a year that you could never forget beating Jarlaths in the Connaught Final after a replay, then Carmalite Moate in the All Ireland final. Colmans had players from Balla, Kiltimagh and Milltown on the team back then, their pick seems smaller now.

nooneshoutedstop

Should be a good final alright, I'll be hoping for a result the otherway FL/Mayo. It must be some experience to see lads from your school bring the Hogan Cup home. Unfortunatly the closest Geralds ever got was in 97 when they got to the final and got well beaten. Geralds will have to shape up on the shooting after hitting 20 odd wides the last day out against Jarlaths. I have been told that this is the only side the school have in competition this year because of the cut backs on supplying cover for teachers, this could be the start of the end for schools football.
It has to end sometime

Lar Naparka

Quote from: nooneshoutedstop on February 24, 2009, 08:29:01 PM
Should be a good final alright, I'll be hoping for a result the otherway FL/Mayo. It must be some experience to see lads from your school bring the Hogan Cup home. Unfortunatly the closest Geralds ever got was in 97 when they got to the final and got well beaten. Geralds will have to shape up on the shooting after hitting 20 odd wides the last day out against Jarlaths. I have been told that this is the only side the school have in competition this year because of the cut backs on supplying cover for teachers, this could be the start of the end for schools football.
Nice to see you joining in.
How's the blogging getting along?

BTW; I also am bored ; after all Johnno decided not to pay a blind bit of notice to any of the solid and constructive advice I gave him last year and look where it has gotten him.
Think I'll leave him at it and we'll see how he gets on.;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

the Deel Rover

i noticed that you haven't commented on any of the league matches this year lar . Are you going to try and get to a match this year
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Davitt Man

Deel Rover, has Jimmy Nallen transfered to a Galway club, heard this over the weekend, is it true?