Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youbetterbelieveit

Any from Mayo hear whether the Derry V Mayo NHL game is going ahead today?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: youbetterbelieveit on February 08, 2009, 10:52:22 AM
Any from Mayo hear whether the Derry V Mayo NHL game is going ahead today?

Supposed to have been changed from Banagher to Magilligan.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

MacDanger

Derry 0-09 Mayo 0-06

Sounds like a dour enough game. Reasonable-ish result though

OirthearMhaigheo

Quote from: Bod Mor on February 03, 2009, 03:04:17 AM
Mayo club stars 2008
1 Robert Hennelly Breaffy
2 Kevin McLoughlin Knockmore
3 Stephen Drake Ballaghaderreen
4 David Caffrey Charlestown
5 Peadar Gardiner Crossmolina
6 Seán Prendergast Claremorris
7 Gary Conway Ballaghaderreen
8 Barry Kelly Ballaghaderreen
9 Tom Parsons Charlestown
10 Richie Feeney Castlebar Mitchels
11 Ciaran McDonald Crossmolina
12 Alan Dillon Ballintubber
13 Andy Moran Ballaghaderreen
14 Barry Regan Ballaghaderreen
15 Ger Brady Claremorris

Replacements
16 Dermot Higgins Charlestown
17 Jason Gibbons Ballintubber
18 Alan Freeman Aghamore
19 Paul Doherty Kilmaine
20 Mark Ronaldson Shrule/Glencorrib

Just looking at the above list and the team that started on Sunday. Why aren't more of these lads above considered for the national league and more to the point why isn't Barry Regan starting???

He was injured for the Derry match afaik Bod Mor, to be honest he has a couple of niggly injuries bothering him and they have ruled him out of a few games. I'd say if he's fit he'll get a look in, he definitely deserves a chance or two given his form on the way to the county title.

mannix

apparently Mayo did not score from play in the hurling, God bless them for trying but it must be very difficult.

Tubberman

St Gerald's beat St Jarlath's last night in Ballinrobe in the Connacht A Colleges semi final. A great win for Geralds, who had Aidan O'Shea and Aidan Walsh from last year's minor team and backboned by 'tubber men  ;)
Claremorris play St Mary's in the other semi. Hopefully it will be an all-Mayo final.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

muppet

Quote from: Tubberman on February 14, 2009, 01:55:24 PM
St Gerald's beat St Jarlath's last night in Ballinrobe in the Connacht A Colleges semi final. A great win for Geralds, who had Aidan O'Shea and Aidan Walsh from last year's minor team and backboned by 'tubber men  ;)
Claremorris play St Mary's in the other semi. Hopefully it will be an all-Mayo final.

Has that ever happened?
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Moysider and stephenite, I will come out and do 'a Barack Obama'. Ye must be right about Harte all along lads. He seemed to turn the game for us today. Am I forgiven lads??
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 14, 2009, 07:13:21 PM
Moysider and stephenite, I will come out and do 'a Barack Obama'. Ye must be right about Harte all along lads. He seemed to turn the game for us today. Am I forgiven lads??

Only if you proclaim that Johnno should stay.
MWWSI 2017

Owenmoresider

Did Colman's win? They were 8-3 up at one point.

RedandGreenSniper

Colman's won pulling up.

Could well be the first ever all Mayo final. Jarlath's hedgemony on the comp would have ensured that I'd say.

Will be a cracking game, I'd recommend it even if ya don't know many/any of those playing.

From last year's minors Aidans O'Shea and Walsh will be playing with Gerald's and Shane Nally and John Broderick with Colman's
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Owenmoresider

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 14, 2009, 09:04:42 PM
Colman's won pulling up.

Could well be the first ever all Mayo final. Jarlath's hedgemony on the comp would have ensured that I'd say.

Will be a cracking game, I'd recommend it even if ya don't know many/any of those playing.

From last year's minors Aidans O'Shea and Walsh will be playing with Gerald's and Shane Nally and John Broderick with Colman's
Aye, and Summerhill when they cared about it in times past might have shut the door on Mayo colleges completely. 24 years since a Sligo school won the A competition. Unless that lot get their act together or Attracta's get a special crop from the Curry/Tubber/Tourlestrane nurseries, then it won't end anytime soon. And then there's the old alma mater pulling out altogether thanks to the cutbacks, funny how they had enough to send a soccer team all the way to an All-Ireland B final though. >:(

Oh is this a Mayo thread? Do carry on...... :D

muppet

Quote from: Owenmoresider on February 14, 2009, 09:12:04 PM
Colman's won pulling up.

Aye, and Summerhill when they cared about it in times past might have shut the door on Mayo colleges completely. 24 years since a Sligo school won the A competition. Unless that lot get their act together or Attracta's get a special crop from the Curry/Tubber/Tourlestrane nurseries, then it won't end anytime soon. And then there's the old alma mater pulling out altogether thanks to the cutbacks, funny how they had enough to send a soccer team all the way to an All-Ireland B final though. >:(

Summerhill are only playing B soccer now?
MWWSI 2017

Owenmoresider

Quote from: muppet on February 14, 2009, 09:34:44 PM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on February 14, 2009, 09:12:04 PM
Colman's won pulling up.

Summerhill are only playing B soccer now?
Good God no! Different school altogether. Times might be changing, but it'll never be that drastic a change. ;D

RedandGreenSniper

Its an awful poor reflection of a town the size of Sligo that they don't have an A colleges football team. Think close to a thousand go to Summerhill, making it the biggest population of boys in Connacht. I've seen them play at B level and they are frighteningly disorganised and indisciplined, whilst having a lot of ability if they got their act together.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year