Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 31, 2009, 06:55:40 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 31, 2009, 11:12:42 AM
I think what Farrendeelin meant was that people were generally happy when Ballina were bet within mayo and not outside.

Yes, that's what I mean. Even the underage teams, everyone wants to beat Ballina.

Its the same with Mitchels in west Mayo
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

moysider

I think what Farrendeelin meant was that people were generally happy when Ballina were bet within mayo and not outside.

Yes, that's what I mean. Even the underage teams, everyone wants to beat Ballina.

Hmmmm. We re the Dubs of Mayo football.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: moysider on January 31, 2009, 10:14:09 PM

Hmmmm. We re the Dubs of Mayo football.

Jeez no, the Dubs are Barack O'B compared to ye shower
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

MacDanger

Quote from: the Deel Rover on January 31, 2009, 11:29:35 AM

For me the best club match i ever saw was the Cross K'more semi final in Ballina in '97, we had beaten them handy the year before but they were really up for it and we edged them out by a point

Was that the match where Mc and o'neill scored about 9 points each that was some match allright except fot the result :D 

As far as I remember, McD scored 11 points and Brogan scored 12 in brutal conditions, the game finished 0-12 - 0-13 to Knockmore. Two of the most talented footballers ever to come out of Mayo, one on the way up, the other in his last couple of years......mighty stuff

Mayo4Sam

Just thought I'd move this back into the right thread

Quote from: moysider on February 02, 2009, 06:15:55 PM

Heard ( from a usually reliable source) that Trevor Howley s recovery has had a setback and he s unlikely to feature even in the medium term. Big blow to everybody concerned. Perhaps Deelin or Mayo4Sam can find out for sure what s going on there.

I'll see what i can find out.

On another note I heard at the weekend that a settlement has been reached between JOM and MacDanger, not from a source I'd say would be concrete but I'll see can i find out. Apparently they've buried the hatchett and MacD will be back in april/May
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

stephenite

Wow - if true. That was something I didn't see being resolved. It would be a welcome boost to have him back, but I can't understand the need to wait until April/May

Bod Mor

Mayo club stars 2008
1 Robert Hennelly Breaffy
2 Kevin McLoughlin Knockmore
3 Stephen Drake Ballaghaderreen
4 David Caffrey Charlestown
5 Peadar Gardiner Crossmolina
6 Seán Prendergast Claremorris
7 Gary Conway Ballaghaderreen
8 Barry Kelly Ballaghaderreen
9 Tom Parsons Charlestown
10 Richie Feeney Castlebar Mitchels
11 Ciaran McDonald Crossmolina
12 Alan Dillon Ballintubber
13 Andy Moran Ballaghaderreen
14 Barry Regan Ballaghaderreen
15 Ger Brady Claremorris

Replacements
16 Dermot Higgins Charlestown
17 Jason Gibbons Ballintubber
18 Alan Freeman Aghamore
19 Paul Doherty Kilmaine
20 Mark Ronaldson Shrule/Glencorrib

Just looking at the above list and the team that started on Sunday. Why aren't more of these lads above considered for the national league and more to the point why isn't Barry Regan starting???
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 03, 2009, 12:09:51 AM
Just thought I'd move this back into the right thread

Quote from: moysider on February 02, 2009, 06:15:55 PM

Heard ( from a usually reliable source) that Trevor Howley s recovery has had a setback and he s unlikely to feature even in the medium term. Big blow to everybody concerned. Perhaps Deelin or Mayo4Sam can find out for sure what s going on there.

I'll see what i can find out.

On another note I heard at the weekend that a settlement has been reached between JOM and MacDanger, not from a source I'd say would be concrete but I'll see can i find out. Apparently they've buried the hatchett and MacD will be back in april/May

Was the source Drinking  Mayoforsam :D was talking to Mc D at training the weekend and i'd say he wil be just concentrating on Cross this year he is working away in meath at the moment an in this current economic climate i'm sure that he is putting his job before anything else at this stage sure he has not started a championship match for mayo since the 2006 Ai final and he is a year older why would o'mahony want him back in the panel now
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

RedandGreenSniper

Can we please stop talking about the return of McD unless there is something concrete to go on? I'm not doubting your source Mayo4Sam but conjecture on McD has been wrong in the past and while it would be good to have him back, lingering talk of him returning will have a negative impact on the current squad until there is confirmation one way or the other

the Deel Rover

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 03, 2009, 01:24:40 PM
Can we please stop talking about the return of McD unless there is something concrete to go on? I'm not doubting your source Mayo4Sam but conjecture on McD has been wrong in the past and while it would be good to have him back, lingering talk of him returning will have a negative impact on the current squad until there is confirmation one way or the other

Your spot on there Red and Green imo mc is gone and we definately won't see him on the panel again . What we saw on sunday is going to be our panel plus maybe Jimmy Nallen and David Heaney. There are allways people saying that he is coming back jesus i was at the match against galway in castlebar last year and one fella beside me swore that mc was togging out that day.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

MacDanger

Where's Seamus O'Shea these days?? Is he on the panel?

In the U-21s last year, himself and Parsons cleaned two of Kerrys biggest stars David Moran and T Walsh in midfield (Walsh moved to midfield when Kerry were struggling afaik)

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: MacDanger on February 03, 2009, 05:50:44 PM
Where's Seamus O'Shea these days?? Is he on the panel?

In the U-21s last year, himself and Parsons cleaned two of Kerrys biggest stars David Moran and T Walsh in midfield (Walsh moved to midfield when Kerry were struggling afaik)

Coming back from (another) Gilmores Groin surgery. He played for UL in the McGrath Cup and is on the extended Mayo panel

Zulu

O'Se started against Maynooth in the 1st round of the Sigerson and he will start tomorrow against UCD so he should be fine to play National league if picked.

the Deel Rover

Anyone hear the result of the challenge match against cavan last night ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

mylestheslasher

Quote from: the Deel Rover on February 08, 2009, 08:10:32 AM
Anyone hear the result of the challenge match against cavan last night ?

Mayo 2-13, Cavan 2-09