Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

I kow this is just a step up from a challange match but does   is  this the 1st time James nallen has actually been dropped when available which is nearly always?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Farrandeelin

It's a good team. It must be the first time I've not seen Nallen on a teamsheet, perhaps a sign of things to come? As tubberman said, this could be the chance for Kilkullen to claim the no 3 jersey and Heaney may well stake the claim for the no 6 spot. Its nice to see Aiden Campbell in the forwards, he has great potential so I suppose I'm not too surprised, hopefully he will play well.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

venter

The Last time I can remember Jimmy Nallen not starting when available was the League final in 2001. He came on at half time and I think he might have ended up getting the man of the match award.

I was a bit worried when T Mort wasnt on the team, but it'll likely be 12-15  different players on sunday for the roscommon game.

Lar Naparka

The Sligo result was somewhat disappointing but things look somewhat better after the win over Roscommon. It's encouraging that some loose ends seem to be coming together.
Conroy, Campbell and Kilcoyne all seemed to have shown up prominently and should be pressing for inclusion when the season gets underway. It was interesting to see BJP tried out at number 6; alternating the position between Heaney and Padden shows that Johnno is anxious to resolve the problem there as quickly as possible.
IMO, the FB and CHB positions are the ones causing the most concern at present. The consensus from people who were at both games is that O'Malley had a good game against Roscommon but is too small and light for the challenges ahead. Kilcullen made a satisfactory debut against Sligo IT. It'll take another outing or two to assess his prospects but the signs are encouraging.
It was great also to see that Trevor and Austin were on top form- they will be needed for the hard road ahead.
It's good to see that already the team is taking on some sort of shape.

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

rosnarun

not really but it way too early to start talking about teams taking shape to find new players we have to show a lot of patience and realize of the many that will try ther will only be a couple to make it but they must be given every chance in the league ect and a lot of choping and chamnging will be necessary and just because a newbe has a poor game he still need support this is a time for real supporters . except austin hes crap and o'neill is too skow too old

Mayo4Sam

Quoteo'neill is too skow too old

FFS ros ur starting this sh!te again this year, u said the same thing last year over and over, he's getting the western people award this weekend for being mayo's player of the year (Not one i agree with, but he wasn't too far off)
The lad proved this year he's a class act
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

billy the kid

To be honest Mayo will always be the Nearly Team. Not nearly enough class to win sam. Reckon O' Mahonony is the last throw of the dice. Just seem to lack the bottle for big games. And in my opinion Derry will be lively contenders for sept time.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Farrandeelin

Billy, you really are a kid. Do your homework like a good boy.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AbbeySider

Quote from: rosnarun on January 23, 2007, 04:31:32 PM
except austin hes crap

::)  ::)

Stop talkin rubbish ros. Austey is one of our best forwards. The only reason he didnt get more games last year is because of a niggling ankle injury that didnt clear up properly. Are you just shit stirring for the sake of it?  :-\

Quote from: billy the kid on January 23, 2007, 04:37:07 PM
To be honest Mayo will always be the Nearly Team. Not nearly enough class to win sam. Reckon O' Mahonony is the last throw of the dice. Just seem to lack the bottle for big games. And in my opinion Derry will be lively contenders for sept time.

Wow... That was the child's first post out side of the Northern GAA threads!
You really wandered a far from home there kid. Run along back to where ya came from ya fool of a took...  :P

Mayo4Sam

QuoteReckon O' Mahonony is the last throw of the dice

Reckon ur right there billy, we'll prob just give up when o'mahony fails, maybe give hurling a go, though i cant imagine we'll be much better at that

billy the kid

If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

rosnarun

Mayo4Sam
all right Ill cut down on the Irony if its not appreciated but i'll be right one of these years

Mayo4Sam

AbbeySider

Where is barney?

He hasnt posted here in ages...  ???

muppet

QuoteWhere is barney?

In a statement earlier today new Mayo County Board spokesman Mr. D. Rumsfeld announced that Barney had been arrested and taken to Blacksod Bay Detainment Camp for questioning. He has been classified as an 'enemy combatant' by the CB and is being held without trial in Camp X-Ray. Witnesses describe Barney as being calm but most heard him shout 'you can't handle the truth' numerous times before being taken away.
MWWSI 2017