Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owenmoresider

Quote from: blast05 on February 11, 2008, 09:32:00 AM
[I know it must be difficult to take that there are some Mayo men out there who actually know a few things about Sligo football that you don't know    :P   :P
Indeed, though I could be excused for not remembering the events of Sligo football in the early 90's, given that I was only 6/7 at the time. :P

Davitt Man

League Fixtures are now available on www.mayogaa.com

Click "Results & Fixtures" then click "Club Fixtures" and select your club for a full list of Senior & Junior fixtures.

No dates have been given yet though.

Farrandeelin

After Ballina play in the All-Ireland stages, they've to play the might of Islandeady, Kilmeena and Tourmakeady in the league. It's hardly right is it but I suppose there's no changing now is there?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

stephenite

It simply shows Sean Feeney and his lap dog Waldron up as the useless little runts that they always have been, more concerned protecting their own positions than actually running competitions on the basis that they were supposed to run on.

And we're actually now paying this f**king eejit a salary for this incompetence? >:(

AbbeySider

Quote from: stephenite on February 13, 2008, 10:37:43 PM
It simply shows Sean Feeney and his lap dog Waldron up and the useless little runts that they always have been, more concerned protecting their own positions than actually running competitions on the basis that they were supposed to run on.

I laughed out loud 3 times reading that stephenite  :D 
Great rant ;)

muscles magoo

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 13, 2008, 06:43:05 PM
After Ballina play in the All-Ireland stages, they've to play the might of Islandeady, Kilmeena and Tourmakeady in the league. It's hardly right is it but I suppose there's no changing now is there?

I don't quite get this - are you saying that Ballina are above playing any of these teams and should be somehow protected from doing so...?

Barney

QuoteIt simply shows Sean Feeney and his lap dog Waldron up as the useless little runts that they always have been, more concerned protecting their own positions than actually running competitions on the basis that they were supposed to run on.

And we're actually now paying this f**king eejit a salary for this incompetence?

Who ended up not getting any Valentines Cards?  ;)

OakLeaf

I've added a new Live Scores feature to GAA Radio. If you're at any Mayo club games it'd be good if you could text score updates to 447624804328. This service is free for everyone to view at http://www.gaaradio.com/scores/liveScores.jsp . Thanks.

stephenite

Quote from: muscles magoo on February 14, 2008, 07:42:34 AM

I don't quite get this - are you saying that Ballina are above playing any of these teams and should be somehow protected from doing so...?

I think he's pointing out that a club that finished out of the relegation zone in last years league campaign have been effectively relegated due to County Board incompetence, and the same club that are Senior Provincial champions are now playing teams of an intermediate standard in their County league.

The worrying aspect for our club is that after a lengthy championship season - they could well struggle against these teams

the Deel Rover

Quote from: stephenite on February 14, 2008, 10:56:54 AM

I think he's pointing out that a club that finished out of the relegation zone in last years league campaign have been effectively relegated due to County Board incompetence, and the same club that are Senior Provincial champions are now playing teams of an intermediate standard in their County league.

The worrying aspect for our club is that after a lengthy championship season - they could well struggle against these teams

i thought ballina never took the league serious any year Stephenite :P ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

stephenite

Quote from: the Deel Rover on February 14, 2008, 11:41:01 AM

i thought ballina never took the league serious any year Stephenite :P ;)

It'll need to be taken seriously this year

Farrandeelin

Exactly as Stephenite pointed out. They weren't relegated but are now playing these sides because of another restructuring of the league programme.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Champ15

Im a member on the ballina senior team and we are disgusted that we have to play against these teams.2 years ago our B team played Islandeady in relegation/promotion playoff and sent them 2 down 2 division 4.No disrespect to the teams in our group its not there fault but if we want to retain moclair this year then we would like to be playing the big teams in the league to prepare us for the championship.The only plus side for us with it is that we have to take the league seriously this year and try and win it
Ballina Stephenites
All Ireland Champions 2005

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Champ15 on February 14, 2008, 04:59:39 PM
Im a member on the ballina senior team and we are disgusted that we have to play against these teams.2 years ago our B team played Islandeady in relegation/promotion playoff and sent them 2 down 2 division 4.No disrespect to the teams in our group its not there fault but if we want to retain moclair this year then we would like to be playing the big teams in the league to prepare us for the championship.The only plus side for us with it is that we have to take the league seriously this year and try and win it

If you just Kept winning the league you would have no worries ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

stephenite

The recent "administration" of this league proves what a mickey mouse competition it is, we've no interest in winning mickey mouse competitions ;)

But on a more serious note if you take a look at some of the teams that the Stephenites fielded in last years league - Liam Higgins played in goal for a few of them. What with injuries and lads off with Mayo ( 2 Bradys, Ronan Pat Harte and David Clarke ) well that puts a big hole in the centre of the team.