Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

Quote from: rosnarun on February 07, 2008, 02:39:15 PM
is that Liam moffatt that has been made Cross manager? or have they gone back on their knees to his dad

John joe will do a great job with kiltane Gabriel would be no joke either (even if they are really from Moygownagh)

??? ???
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

rosnarun

lets just say he was offered it before but turned it down for the same selectorial reasons there is so much trouble in cork at the moment. the offical reason not the frank murphy one
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

the Deel Rover

who offered it to him ? You have to be nominated at the agm ? Anyway we haven't done to bad without him
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

mannix

Hello deelrover,
any word on ciaran mac and nallen.I last heard nallen was not decided but i say he is gone.Macdonald could go another round or two i reckon, is he training with anyone or where is he working these days?
Sounds like d brady will be returning after the club championship ends for them,any word on oneil?
He was another that could do damage even if his legs are wearing out.

rosnarun

it was offered to him at the agm some years back but he took a huff because of the selectors issue. so is it the son of sam that is the new manager then? hope its more successful than his crack at the dail. 
Mannix
O neill has playe done good game for mayo since his return the AIF . isnt it time we looked elsewhere? too many good young player get sacrificed in a race to keep some of these old timers going Dillon andy moran Conor mortimer are well enough experienced now to bring more through and there are some great prospects coming

ludermor

Quote from: Davitt Man on February 07, 2008, 02:11:20 PM
kiltane could be struggling this year, edmund barrett has transfered to dublin club st judes

Yeah Ed is gone and a couple of the other main players are going to Oz later in teh year, they could struggle bigtime

stephenite

Quote from: rosnarun on February 07, 2008, 07:30:59 PM
Mannix
O neill has playe done good game for mayo since his return the AIF . isnt it time we looked elsewhere? too many good young player get sacrificed in a race to keep some of these old timers going Dillon andy moran Conor mortimer are well enough experienced now to bring more through and there are some great prospects coming

Sure loads of these young players are getting their shots at the moment from what I can tell, Mullins, Benson etc. If they're good enough they'll be there come the championship and if they're not than we may as well get what we can out of those that are proven while they're still willing and able.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Owenmoresider

Quote from: the Deel Rover on February 07, 2008, 02:04:07 PM
Quote from: ludermor on February 07, 2008, 12:53:23 PM
Anybody know anything about Kiltanes new manager, McLoughlin from crossmolina?

Jj is it ludermor didn't realise he was Kiltanes new manager. He won an AI under 21 with Mayo when O'Mahony was the manager, a tough uncompromising player in his day, he managed Cross seniors before Tommy Jordan was manager in fact it was him who brought Tommy back to the club scene.He was a fair manager ,who ever was going well in training got the games names didn't matter to him. After he left us he went to Tourlestrane ( i think) could have won a county title with them but I'm not to sure on that  fact. He also manged the North Mayo team. His son Henry plays with Cross at the moment. 
I'd be near certain he never managed Tourlestrane. I'm not sure who was there in 02 after Egan, but don't think it was him. Never heard of him managing any Sligo team for that matter, a rarity amongst Cross men it would appear. :P

mannix

on oneil and younger players,  how many would score two goals in an aif or score those type points against dublin in that semi?
i would like to see them and think oneil is still worth his place on the panel.

Davitt Man

The C\ship draw was last night, does anyone have the full draw?

the Deel Rover

Quote from: mannix on February 07, 2008, 05:46:37 PM
Hello deelrover,
any word on ciaran mac and nallen.I last heard nallen was not decided but i say he is gone.Macdonald could go another round or two i reckon, is he training with anyone or where is he working these days?
Sounds like d brady will be returning after the club championship ends for them,any word on oneil?
He was another that could do damage even if his legs are wearing out.

Hows it going Mannix , Ciaran MC was back training with the club last saturday he was flying the fecker, he is working in meath at the moment so i can't see him been able to do the training required for o'mahony,  i doubt he will be back which probably suits Cross better it would be great to have Jimmy and Ciaran available for training all year round it would be great  for the young lads, Jimmy is 34 and Mc 33 so it would be great if we got another year or 2 out of them.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Owenmoresider on February 08, 2008, 12:41:00 AM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on February 07, 2008, 02:04:07 PM
Quote from: ludermor on February 07, 2008, 12:53:23 PM
Anybody know anything about Kiltanes new manager, McLoughlin from crossmolina?

Jj is it ludermor didn't realise he was Kiltanes new manager. He won an AI under 21 with Mayo when O'Mahony was the manager, a tough uncompromising player in his day, he managed Cross seniors before Tommy Jordan was manager in fact it was him who brought Tommy back to the club scene.He was a fair manager ,who ever was going well in training got the games names didn't matter to him. After he left us he went to Tourlestrane ( i think) could have won a county title with them but I'm not to sure on that  fact. He also manged the North Mayo team. His son Henry plays with Cross at the moment. 
I'd be near certain he never managed Tourlestrane. I'm not sure who was there in 02 after Egan, but don't think it was him. Never heard of him managing any Sligo team for that matter, a rarity amongst Cross men it would appear. :P

He definitely managed in sligo Om could have been them team that o'hara plays with. Ye its a bit Ironic we have Cross men managing teams all over the place and had a job to get one for our own team   
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

rosnarun

QuoteSure loads of these young players are getting their shots at the moment from what I can tell, Mullins, Benson etc. If they're good enough they'll be there come the championship and if they're not than we may as well get what we can out of those that are proven while they're still willing and able
those guys were willing and able two years ago . no direpect to the best bunch of mayo players ive seen but its time to move on.
Part of brining on young players is trusting them.
how comfortable and trusted would you feel if you were wearing K O neill's or C MCd's Jersey and the crowd baying for blood every time you kicked the ball wide.
O Mahony should look at the IRFUs team as an example no matter how good players were in the past you have to realize the right time to move on . i think thats now for Mcdonald nallen o neill and D brady ,
Heaney is still in his prime and i'd hang on to him , the rest should bow out Gracefully, and i dont say that lightly ,

the Deel Rover

Quote from: rosnarun on February 08, 2008, 11:19:20 AM
QuoteSure loads of these young players are getting their shots at the moment from what I can tell, Mullins, Benson etc. If they're good enough they'll be there come the championship and if they're not than we may as well get what we can out of those that are proven while they're still willing and able
those guys were willing and able two years ago . no direpect to the best bunch of mayo players ive seen but its time to move on.
Part of brining on young players is trusting them.
how comfortable and trusted would you feel if you were wearing K O neill's or C MCd's Jersey and the crowd baying for blood every time you kicked the ball wide.O Mahony should look at the IRFUs team as an example no matter how good players were in the past you have to realize the right time to move on . i think thats now for Mcdonald nallen o neill and D brady ,
Heaney is still in his prime and i'd hang on to him , the rest should bow out Gracefully, and i dont say that lightly ,

Just wondering why you think they should retire Ros is it because you think they are too old or simply not up to it? All i know is that i wouldn't swap Jimmy or Mc For any other club player in the county they are still two of the best club players around. Darragh o' shea is the same age  and i don't think you would hear many Kerry people asking him to bow out. Anyway i'd say your wish will come through and you won't see the lads mentioned in the red and green again

Also you don't have to be a youngster to have some elements of the crowd baying for your blood, its not many years ago that such elements nearly forced Ciaran Mc Away from intercounty football   
Crossmolina Deel Rovers