Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaroonAndWhite

Ive just moved to Claremorris and thinkin of playin a bit of ball............can anyone let me know whats the state of play with them. I am completely unfit and lookin to play a bit of junior to blow the cobwebs off (or probably have them beaten off me!)....anyone know a point of contact?

Barney

I shudder at the thought of BJP and Liam O'Malley in a full-back line against a decent, even though they played well on Saturday night.

BJP just is not a full-back, although he may be our best option.

As last years championship showed O'Malley is not a good marker, poor under a high ball, and fouls too much.

Saturday night will tell alot but I'm sure if Crozier decides to throw Bradley and Muldoon into the FF line they could have a field day.

The big thing for me on Saturday night is attitude. I don't expect us to win but if the players go up their with a determination to make amends for last Summer that will be the important thing. Too often we lie down meekly. If that spirit isn't there it will be a long year

rosnarun

You know im not one for spreading rumours esp where C Mcd is involved, too many people have been burned at that crack .
but word on the ground is he is transferring to Skibbereen. as his company has a 2 year contract down there .
Probably put an end to mayo days , MAny a fine player from Skib have refused to play for cork due to the distances involved
it would take some effort to play for mayo  unless he was to leave it till very late in the summer. But he looked well off intercounty pace last year and needs top level games quick.

then again this couls all be BS
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

rosnarun

Quotehe would need to win sam before they pipe down

well isnt that what was promised?
when you take over a team isnt it you job to make them more sucessful . esp in the manner which he undemined previous manager and only took the job in election year and then the team put in their poorest performances in years.
If you are a accusing some one of starting to play politics dont bother , henry kenny and sean flanaghan were at it years ago

Tubberman

FFS Ros, get over it will you!?  >:( ::)
It's going to be a long year if you're going to keep this up the whole way through. Most people here are interested in the football, you keep bringing your political obsessions into it - go to the non-gaa section for that shite
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Davitt Man

rosnarun

Tuberman
just setting my stall out first off. so we know where we all are.
league starts next week so there will be loads to chat about .
if you could please send on a list of acceptable subject. before then i will be able to formulate my opinions by then.
infact if you want to send over suitable opinions aswell id really be grateful as mine seem to grate and i'd hate to annoy you.

Pietas

Quote from: rosnarun on January 28, 2008, 11:28:43 AM
Quotehe would need to win sam before they pipe down

well isnt that what was promised?

By whom? When?
In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

rosnarun

id love to answer that but tuberman hasn't given me permission yet

stephenite

Thank you

Tubberman

Quoteid love to answer that but tuberman hasn't given me permission yet

Ok, I was having a bad Monday morning and you got some of the backlash, but seriously, grow up a bit. Where did I say you needed my permission to answer a question.
I just said you should go to the non-gaa section if you're going to continue your anti-JOM campaign for political reasons.
Now, stop sulking ;)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AbbeySider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 29, 2008, 01:36:51 PM
Quote from: AbbeySider on January 29, 2008, 10:56:47 AM
Quote from: stephenite on January 29, 2008, 12:22:06 AM
Thank you

Yeah thanks Mod

Thanks for what exactly? ???

Lets just say that last night there was a bit of political mud slinging and a few posts were removed that could have been liable.

ildanach

shit,  i always miss the good stuff and it gets deleted before i have chance to read it >:(
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.