Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Davitt Man on January 18, 2008, 11:21:29 AM
Anyone hear that Kevin O'Neill is back with Knockmore this year?

I haven't heard that but i'll find out for u davitt either way, would be a great boost

On ballina, i've a few quid on them
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Mayo4Sam

No chuckie is not back with knockmore
Word on mayo is that himself, macdanger & db will all be back towards the end of the league but nallen wont
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

the Deel Rover

Quote from: stephenite on January 20, 2008, 12:03:18 AM
I think he's asking if anyone placed a bet on the Stephenites winning the thing out after they won Connacht title, probably the rank outsiders at the bookies given the pedigree of Cross and Nemo and the fact that a team from Dublin is involved.

Or perhaps he's wondering if someone on the Stephenite team has been fired? Or maybe set on fire? Or has been arrested for starting a fire?

Thanks stephenite still confused so i am :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Tubberman

QuoteWord on mayo is that himself, macdanger & db will all be back towards the end of the league but nallen wont

I thought we had seen the end of McD in the gree and red - great to hear he might be back for the championship :)
But if the back gives trouble again before then, I'd say that will be curtains for the great one.

It will be sad to see the end of Nallen in a Mayo jersey if that proves to be the case. He has given it everything for well over a decade. Time has caught up with him at this stage though. He probably still has something to offer in terms of experience but it would be hard to see him getting playing time, so it's understandable that he wouldn't want to put himself through all that training again.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 21, 2008, 10:37:41 PM
Word on mayo is that himself, macdanger & db will all be back towards the end of the league but nallen wont

Can't see Mc D playing according to John Maughan in last weeks Advertiser neither Mc D or Jimmy have been in contact with O' Mahony
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

rosnarun

QuoteCan't see Mc D playing according to John Maughan in last weeks Advertiser neither Mc D or Jimmy have been in contact with O' Mahony

Spring is definetly in the air.
how could MAc play for mayo this year fella down pub told me hes running Barack Obamas election campaign
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Davitt Man

Has anyone heard of any league fixtures or a possible start date to the league??

AbbeySider

Quote from: Davitt Man on January 22, 2008, 03:14:26 PM
Has anyone heard of any league fixtures or a possible start date to the league??

I think the league is starting on Paddys weekend but if Ballina get to the All Ireland Final that will be changed and it will be put back a week... i think  ???

Davitt Man

any fixtures? or any idea when they meeting about it

AbbeySider

Quote from: Davitt Man on January 22, 2008, 05:02:07 PM
any fixtures? or any idea when they meeting about it

As far as I know the fixtures just come out so we wont know when they are meeting about it.
They should be in the local papers in the next week or so.

Pietas

Quote from: the Deel Rover on January 22, 2008, 02:46:11 PM

Can't see Mc D playing according to John Maughan in last weeks Advertiser neither Mc D or Jimmy have been in contact with O' Mahony

Sounds like Maughan is happy to stir a bit of shit in his freesheet column
In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Pietas on January 22, 2008, 05:09:30 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on January 22, 2008, 02:46:11 PM

Sounds like Maughan is happy to stir a bit of shit in his freesheet column

ye but in fairness O' Mahony was fairly good at it with his column as well
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Pietas

Johnno could quote Cowen to JM:

'I will not be taking advice from any quarter which has been rejected by the electorate.'

I think JM took Johnno's stuff a bit too seriously at the time and it has led on from there.  Would really like Ros in the Connacht final next year, twould be a spicey build-up!
In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

rosnarun

Jom Shafted maughan(and Mayo) before Moran got the job it was queit clear from his media pronouncements that he was willing and and able to take the job if maughan was booted out only then to go all shy.
This is his year to put up or shut up.
After all Maughan has done for mayo to say he was  rejected by the electorate.' in such a glib manner is the comment of an idiot
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere