Previous topic - Next topic

Davitt Man

Quote from: AbbeySider on October 09, 2007, 08:46:30 AM
Quote from: Davitt Man on October 09, 2007, 08:36:22 AM
also

Moy Davitts 0-14 Ballintuber 0-11

Are you Davitts or Moy Davitts

DavittMan?

Im a Moy Davitts man, im sure you werent too worried about the result saturday evening, id say ye had a good week of it, i didnt get to the game as i was working. Did you venture down to it, any comments on it.

AbbeySider

Quote from: Davitt Man on October 09, 2007, 08:48:30 AM
Im a Moy Davitts man, im sure you werent too worried about the result saturday evening, id say ye had a good week of it, i didnt get to the game as i was working. Did you venture down to it, any comments on it.

I did head down to this one. We were missing 6 players from the starting lineup in the intermediate final last week, through injury's and lads being unavailable. Moy Davitts started very well and it took us a while to settle.

Your number 8 really stood out. He had a wonderful game and kicked at least 4 points from play with his left peg. Is there a molloy guy too with grey hair? He cause awful trouble in the first half. 

I think at half time we were losing by five points. Two of our defenders were taken off cause they had the flu. We seemed to pick up the tempo in the 2nd half and brought the game back into reach. Dillon was unlucky not to score a peno in the last minute to level the game. It was a good second half performance by ourselves but ye had done enough in the first half to put us away.

I think the game was important for us too because im not sure are we totally safe yet. But someone said you guys needed to hammer us by 12 or 14 to be in with a shout to top the table?

Oh and yes, we had a good week of it!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Davitt Man

I heard we were 5 up alrite at half time and ye came back into it well in the 2nd half, we were missing 6 first team lads (including meself, i had to work in dublin) so it was a chance for some of our younger lads to get an introduction to senior football. Our number 8 on his day is a class act James Mulderrig he is u-21 i dunno how he didnt make the u-21 panel this year considering some of the lads that did make it. Our mdifield was young the last day, 21 & 19. The grey haired lad you ask of is Jimmy Byrne, he is great to carry a ball on the run very dangerous. Kiltane are gone i reckon and then maybe Lousiburgh, ye have a final game against davitts dont ye and they have nothing to play for as they are safe.

How many go down??

Only the top team go through to the league final so even of we beat Cross they have a massive scoring difference +40 so we even before saturdays game there was no chance we are going to catch them. We would have needed to hammer ye and then hammer Cross!

intoDwest

Ye can pencil Kiltane in for the drop...............................the arse has fallen out of it. Lads heading to Oz etc. Mind you its not over until the fat lady.........................................

Davitt Man

Last round of league games

prewtna

hey davitt man! im back from france. great spot to be during the world cup but the liver wont recover til next march!! im told michael mc made a great save for dillons penalty at the weekend.

would i be right in saying that the juniors have no more games left this year? judging by the league table it seems we've gotta wait for achill to lose??

Davitt Man

At least your back in one piece from france even if your liver isnt in one piece.

The juniors have finished there season, the league is Achills to lose, we need lahardane to beat achill to have a chance

the Deel Rover

just read on the western the galway legend Pete Finnerty is to take over the mayo hurling managers job
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

mannix

At last we will be able for the cats.I think he will help but ultimately its down to kids picking up a hurl and playing.Pete will be good for Mayo hurling but he has a tiny pool to pick from unless we get a few imports from galway or further afield we will be in the lower ranks for a while yet.
Still lots of young lads in national school are using the old hurls and some are bound to be handy.

AbbeySider

Some Mayo Inter County Club Fixtures...

Connacht Club Intermediate Football Championship Sunday October 14th at 2.00

Ballintubber V Drumreilly (Leitrim) Ref : D. Mullaney in Castlebar

Connacht Club Senior Football Championship Sunday November 11th Time tbc

Ballina Stephenites Vs St. Mary's (Leitrim) or Tourlestrane (Sligo).

This game is fixed for November 11th. Venue and Ref. tbc.

Davitt Man

The League

Does anyone know how it is working? How many teams go down?

AbbeySider

Quote from: Davitt Man on October 11, 2007, 11:19:55 AM
The League

Does anyone know how it is working? How many teams go down?

I went all the way back to last January on this thread and pulled this quoted article from the Mayo News:

Quote from: Tubberman on January 16, 2007, 10:18:20 AM

Proposal for Mayo Leagues 
Tuesday, 16 January 2007 
Proposal for Mayo Leagues

MIKE FINNERTY

MAYO GAA delegates will be asked to ratify a proposal next Tuesday night that sees the 2007 club football leagues divided into six distinctive groups, all based on league form last year.
Mayo GAA Secretary, Sean Feeney, sent an e-mail to every club in the county on Monday night outlining the proposals for the forthcoming leagues, based on recommendations made at the last County Board meeting and submissions submitted by clubs and individuals.
Under this proposal, two teams would be relegated from divisions 1A and 1B at the end of next season with two coming up from divisions 2A and 2B. The same would apply to divisions 2 and 3. There would be a final in each division, all county players would be available for all league games and the leagues would commence on St Patrick's weekend.

The proposal also suggests that the Kelly Cup, O'Mara Cup, Centenary Cup and North Mayo Cup would be run in May, June and July on a divisional basis with and without county players. The divisional winners would compete in county semi-finals and a final. Senior and Intermediate teams must take part and junior participation would be optional.

The proposal that will be put before the club delegates would see divisions 1A and 1B being made up of ten teams.
Division 1A: Crossmolina, Kiltane, Moy Davitts, Belmullet, Westport, Ballinrobe, Tourmakeady, Davitts, Ballintubber and Louisburgh.
Division 1B: Shrule/Glencorrib, Ballina, Claremorris, Castlebar, Charlestown, Breaffy, Ballaghadereen, Burrishoole, Knockmore, Kilmeena
Division 2A: Garrymore, Cill Chomain, Swinford, Bonniconlon, Aghamore, Carramore, Balla, The Neale, Ballina B, Eastern Gaels.
Division 2B: Kiltimagh, Hollymount, Killala, Parke, Kilmaine, Mayo Gaels, Ballyhaunis, Islandeady, Moygownagh, Crossmolina B.
Division 3A: Castlebar B, Knockmore B, Ardnaree, Swinford B, Lacken, Ballintubber B, Claremorris B, Ballaghadereen B, Kilmovee.
Division 3B: Kilfian, Lahardane, Ballycastle, Westport B, Achill, Ardagh, Breaffy B, Ballinrobe B, Ballycroy, Na hÓileain.

So it also looks possible that their could be more games between the winners of North, South, East and West respective cups. Im not sure would clubs be in favour of this unless there was a holiday out of it or something. I heard that might be the case.

prewtna

so does that mean that 2 of bohola moy davits B, lahardane or achill will be promoted out of division 3B??

i know its the lower echolons of mayo football but i have a vested interest!!!

Davitt Man

Well reading that piece from the mayo news it seems that 2 teams will go up and 2 teams will go down.

But i also read elsewhere that the bottom teams in Div 1a and Div 1b will drop down with top teams in 2a and 2b coming up and that 2nd from bottom in div 1a & 1b playoff with the winner waiting up and the loser playing the winner of a playoff between the 2nd place teams in div 2a and 2b for the last div 1 place. The same applys to divison 3

Now like everything the county board do, its all up in the air and no one has a clue whats going.

We were also lead to believe there was a league semi final and final but now we are told that it is a straight league final between the the top team in each division. And we have finsihed 2nd! 

prewtna

davitt man are ye still training away or have ye abandonded it now cos realistically theres nothing left to play for??