Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucko

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 22, 2014, 09:59:44 PM
The 'interview' of the new Mayo managers is out on facebook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA2OBQs0Kbc
Watched the interview, appeared to be a choreographed affair, Connelly looked uncomfortable to me and the answers to the questions came across as trying to dampen down expectations as opposed to Horan's condistantly competitive line.
News now is as of last night Paddy MacNicholas announced he will step fown as CB chairman at the county convention. Finally seemed to sink in that his position was no longer tenable after the whole management selection fiasco. Will be interesting to see who will be the front runner to replace him and how much of a connection they will have with the new senior team management😆

muppet

Quote from: bucko on October 24, 2014, 01:14:01 PM

Watched the interview, appeared to be a choreographed affair, Connelly looked uncomfortable to me and the answers to the questions came across as trying to dampen down expectations as opposed to Horan's condistantly competitive line.
News now is as of last night Paddy MacNicholas announced he will step fown as CB chairman at the county convention. Finally seemed to sink in that his position was no longer tenable after the whole management selection fiasco. Will be interesting to see who will be the front runner to replace him and how much of a connection they will have with the new senior team management😆

;D ;D ;D
MWWSI 2017

bucko

Quote from: muppet on October 24, 2014, 01:46:18 PM
Quote from: bucko on October 24, 2014, 01:14:01 PM

;D ;D ;D
Couldn't find an emoji for sarcasm!😜

Farrandeelin

Yes bucko, the interview did indeed remind me of 'lowering expectations', we all know how the last term went with 'dampened expectations' as well... I just think that this interview and the jersey design is a token gesture far, far too late to get supporters onside again.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Never beat the deeler

Anybody know what Michael Gallagher is on about on twitter?

"Hearing rumblings of a MAJOR change at Mayo County Board lever. Wonders never cease. @Western People"
Hasta la victoria siempre

moysider

Dunno, but Neary coming in for some criticism as well now for not acting on a directive agreed by the club delegates re concerns about the match in Limerick.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 24, 2014, 04:32:39 PM
Yes bucko, the interview did indeed remind me of 'lowering expectations', we all know how the last term went with 'dampened expectations' as well... I just think that this interview and the jersey design is a token gesture far, far too late to get supporters onside again.

It appears that video has been removed ???

Didn t see it. What was it about anyway?

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: moysider on October 30, 2014, 09:30:19 PM

It's back up, moy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhflMgyYes

Willie Joe, has a piece on it here:
http://mayogaablog.com/?p=15673
Hasta la victoria siempre

moysider

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on October 30, 2014, 11:59:00 PM
Quote from: moysider on October 30, 2014, 09:30:19 PM

It's back up, moy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhflMgyYes

Willie Joe, has a piece on it here:
http://mayogaablog.com/?p=15673

Actually I wish I hadn t seen that shite.
Who thought that was a good idea? For the love of God that ranks as bad as any staged advertising/propaganda as I ve ever seen. Look lads, you got the job! Once you start explaining and trying to justify yourselves, you re already losing credibility.

These guys are bet before they start with that kind of blather. Terrible judgement to get roped into that fuckology. If they get that so wrong, how can they possibly manage the serious stuff later. Their judgement is cat.
Who thought this was a good idea? Holmes and Conn? Somebody decided to do this and if it wasn t new management then how did they agree to do this!! Unbelievable.
We ve a history of managers that make poor decisions when it matters. These guys lose the plot before a ball is kicked.

Tubberman

I see McHale was asked a question again, so obviously had to tell the media far more than was necessary.
What he said isn't a big deal, but it's not his business to be bringing into the public domain.
He has terrible media judgement, delighted he's not involved in Mayo management to be honest.

http://hoganstand.com/Mayo/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=227032

Liam McHale has claimed that Kevin McStay had Noel Connelly in mind for a selector's role before discovering that Connelly was also in the running for the Mayo's manager's job.

As it transpired, Connelly and Pat Holmes were appointed joint-managers in succession to James Horan at the end of September after McStay's presentation was deemed "too radical" for the Mayo county board.

McHale, who was on the McStay ticket but has since taken up a coaching role with Cavan, told the Western People: "The funny thing was, before Noel put his name in the hat, Kevin rang me and asked what I thought about Noel coming in as selector.

"Kevin told me that he had heard nothing but good things about Noel, but that he wouldn't know him as well as I did. I told him you couldn't get a better guy than Noel.

"But then when Noel's name came into the picture, Kevin couldn't ring him because I suppose they became rivals at that stage. It would have been disrespectful. But that's the way Kevin was thinking at the time, that the packet would be himself.

"But that's just the way it goes."
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

From the Bunker

Ah in fairness, it's more of an endorsement of Connelly by McHale. He does tend to say too much. For Mayo football sake he should keep stum for a while. 

muppet

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 04, 2014, 09:12:40 AM
Ah in fairness, it's more of an endorsement of Connelly by McHale. He does tend to say too much. For Mayo football sake he should keep stum for a while.

I agree.

But I also agree he should play his cards a little closer to his chest.
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Longer version of that interview in Western People yesterday.

Agree might be better to be less expansive with his opinions.

moysider

There are murmurings about that Conoreen is throwing his hat into the ring for consideration.
We ll know more anon.

maigheo

Consideration for what?Anyone read the book?Nothing against him but I do not know why he felt that people wanted to know his story.I thought it was a piss take when it was announced that he was writing a book.Funnily enough I have not heard one Mayo supporter call for his return to the team over the past 2 years even tho he is Mayos all time leading scorer and we probably could have used him at some stage,which I think says a lot.