Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: bucko on May 14, 2014, 10:46:35 PM
Statement from Co. Board on Twitter confirming Duffy is indeed training with the senior squad.

It would be great if he could commit for the summer. Huge imo. Hopefully he can get employment locally without taking a rugby contract for a few more years. As somebody else said it can only be a good thing. Always seemed he had unfinished business with Mayo.

Crete Boom

Quote from: moysider on May 14, 2014, 10:20:15 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on May 14, 2014, 09:30:05 PM
Training as a player? Or in as part of the backroom staff? The latter I would think / hope

Player of course. We ve enough back room staff. Don t understand the hope?

I mentioned this might happen a few weeks ago. But I wouldn t worry macdanger2. I expect he s weighing up his options and will likely finish off with a couple of years with the rugby in France or Italy. We re unlikely to be lucky enough to get him for a couple of years.

I would say it is more likely he would get fixed up with a job in Galway and play maybe a couple of more seasons AIL with Galwegians. During this time he serve his coaching apprentice with Wegians eventually ending up with Connacht coaching in the academy or A squad.

moysider

Quote from: Crete Boom on May 14, 2014, 11:18:16 PM
Quote from: moysider on May 14, 2014, 10:20:15 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on May 14, 2014, 09:30:05 PM
Training as a player? Or in as part of the backroom staff? The latter I would think / hope

Player of course. We ve enough back room staff. Don t understand the hope?

I mentioned this might happen a few weeks ago. But I wouldn t worry macdanger2. I expect he s weighing up his options and will likely finish off with a couple of years with the rugby in France or Italy. We re unlikely to be lucky enough to get him for a couple of years.

I would say it is more likely he would get fixed up with a job in Galway and play maybe a couple of more seasons AIL with Galwegians. During this time he serve his coaching apprentice with Wegians eventually ending up with Connacht coaching in the academy or A squad.

Ye can tell there s a bit of a negative attitude towards him getting involved with Mayo. He ll be playing his club in Galway so the begrudgers should be at least relieved he hasn t resumed with Galway.

macdanger2

Duffy was a serious underage player, I used to hate seeing him togging out for Ballina  >:(

However, after 14 or 15 years away from playing GAA, it's hard to see how he could come straight back in and play at the highest level. On the other hand, if he proves himself good enough then that'd be great.

He has great experience at a very high level and his professionalism would be welcome but I'd be surprised if he's good enough to get much gametime.

If he's coming back playing with Ballina, it would be a big boost for them

Tubberman

Quote from: macdanger2 on May 15, 2014, 08:50:48 AM
Duffy was a serious underage player, I used to hate seeing him togging out for Ballina  >:(

However, after 14 or 15 years away from playing GAA, it's hard to see how he could come straight back in and play at the highest level. On the other hand, if he proves himself good enough then that'd be great.

He has great experience at a very high level and his professionalism would be welcome but I'd be surprised if he's good enough to get much gametime.

Meant to be playing with Salthill-Knocknacarra, so will hardly be playing with the Stephenites.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

macdanger2

Quote from: Tubberman on May 15, 2014, 08:58:28 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on May 15, 2014, 08:50:48 AM

Meant to be playing with Salthill-Knocknacarra, so will hardly be playing with the Stephenites.

:D :D :D :D

Farrandeelin

Ballagh only scored 1-5 this eve. I wonder is the rumour about Andy that was spread by larryin89's barstool friends correct?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

REDCOL

Farr how is KMc seemed to be limping when he got the Black Card, Young Ruttledge looks a prospect

moysider

Quote from: REDCOL on June 14, 2014, 09:46:58 PM
Farr how is KMc seemed to be limping when he got the Black Card, Young Ruttledge looks a prospect

Which one Keith or Mark? 2 very good footballers imo but very different.

Farrandeelin

I spoke to members of management and they didn't say anything about him limping. Just it was a black card offence. Moy, that would be Keith. Very fast player. Mark took a year out from football last year. He's getting back into the swing of things with fhe juniors. Both still u21 I think.

REDCOL

Yeah, Keith kicked some great points looks a prospect, and your favourite county player   ;D  scored 5 points despite having 3 Knockmore men marking him at all times. Knockmore play a nice running game but their fullback line may be an Achilles heel against better opposition.

Red

Ballagh scored 1-5?
Were they missing players?

moysider

Quote from: REDCOL on June 15, 2014, 09:47:06 AM
Yeah, Keith kicked some great points looks a prospect, and your favourite county player   ;D  scored 5 points despite having 3 Knockmore men marking him at all times. Knockmore play a nice running game but their fullback line may be an Achilles heel against better opposition.

Keith is an extremely clever player. Can make a forward line tick and can take a score. Lack of size was the only thing that held him back at county level.

Farrandeelin

macdanger2

On the PR front, I think mort is having his book launch in a couple of weeks, "One Sunday"