Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crete Boom

Evan was flying last year in the run up to the All Ireland quarter finals but was cut from the panel ( fair enough that's Horan's call) but the way and reason he was told was handled badly by the Mayo management and left a sour taste.
Now Evan did struggle with injury up to this point and Horan wasn't happy with how he managed this injury especially in 2012 when it looked like Evan was breaking through onto the first 15.

With regards to this year Evan has chosen to concentrate on the U21's because he is seriously thinking of heading to the states for a year. This is not a 3 month trip to play ball and drink in New York but he is considering a permanent (1 or 2 yrs) move as he is not really happy with his college course and I think ( 80% sure) he holds an American passport as he was born there so his options are more open than the standard illegal tradesman or J1 student player heading stateside!

Farrandeelin

From hoganstand.

QuoteMayo's sponsorship deal with Elvery's is in jeopardy after the sports chain went into receivership yesterday.

While all 650 jobs at the chain will be saved under a planned sale, it remains to be seen if the new owners will honour the final two years of the company's sponsorship deal with Mayo GAA. The current deal, which was brokered at the end of 2011, also included a naming rights deal for the redeveloped MacHale Park, which carries a substantial debt.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tubberman

So, Gavin Duffy is training with Mayo panel according to David Brady on Newstalks Off The Ball.
Not alone that, but he stood out.

Well that's news to intrigue and excite any Mayo supporter. May be horseshite, may have some truth but come to nothing, or he could offer us something we've been missing.
I'm excited anyway!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Farrandeelin

What position will he be playing in? If he gets on.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

macdanger2

Training as a player? Or in as part of the backroom staff? The latter I would think / hope

muppet

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 14, 2014, 09:27:00 PM
What position will he be playing in? If he gets on.

Playing?

Have we not seen this story before? When Kevin Moran retired?? Niall Quinn???

MWWSI 2017

Tubberman

Playing. He's only 32. Could be complete shite, Brady has form in that regard.
But if it's true it will be fascinating to see how it goes
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Mayo4Sam

You'd trust him in the FB line.
Can only be a good thing
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

moysider

Quote from: macdanger2 on May 14, 2014, 09:30:05 PM
Training as a player? Or in as part of the backroom staff? The latter I would think / hope

Player of course. We ve enough back room staff. Don t understand the hope?

I mentioned this might happen a few weeks ago. But I wouldn t worry macdanger2. I expect he s weighing up his options and will likely finish off with a couple of years with the rugby in France or Italy. We re unlikely to be lucky enough to get him for a couple of years.

muppet

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on May 14, 2014, 10:19:33 PM
Can only be a good thing

Has he played any club football lately?

MWWSI 2017

moysider

Can only be a good thing

Not likely imo. Always played midfield and could have something to offer as a ff. Was always a better gaelic player than a rugby player anyway.

moysider

Quote from: muppet on May 14, 2014, 10:22:02 PM
Can only be a good thing

Has he played any club football lately?

Not competitively anyway.

bucko

Statement from Co. Board on Twitter confirming Duffy is indeed training with the senior squad.

Crete Boom

Quote from: moysider on May 14, 2014, 10:22:28 PM
Can only be a good thing

Not likely imo. Always played midfield and could have something to offer as a ff. Was always a better gaelic player than a rugby player anyway.

Yeah I always thought him and James Gill should have swapped careers as I think they both picked the sport they weren't necessarily best at.