Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Great win for Gearlds today over Jarlaiths in the Connacht A final.

maigheo

what was the score?just found it myself;0.09 to 1.04.ulster champs up next.

From the Bunker

Quote from: ballinaman on March 09, 2013, 03:13:25 PM
Great win for Gearlds today over Jarlaiths in the Connacht A final.

Well done Geralds.  ;D In my day the Flanagan Cup was all that could be hope for.

Farrandeelin

Taken from hoganstand.com.

The Mayo County Board are seeking nominations for the under-21 football manager's job.

Tony Duffy was in place this year for the first time and it is unknown whether or not he is willing to stay on in the role, as he is currently out of the country.

But, the County Board have decided to give other candidates the opportunity to apply for the role.

There was a healthy discussion over the matter and delegates decided that they would accept nominations for the role and a decision on who would be appointed manager would be made in the coming weeks. - See more at: http://www.hoganstand.com/Mayo/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=195852#sthash.tYm5utoa.dpuf

Interesting that they're accepting nominations without officially speaking to Duffy, not that I was his greatest fan or anything.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

Quoteas he is currently out of the country

So he was on a holiday, presumably, and they decided that he couldn't be contacted and advertised his job?
MWWSI 2017

Mayo4Sam

I'll move this away from the AIF thread and the rossies and dubs.

Andy moran seemed very confident on tuesday that Horan would stay on.
From talking to someone last nite it seems that he may not and that McStay is in line to take up the job.
Not sure how that would work with Brigids

Thoughts?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

muppet

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 26, 2013, 09:43:49 AM

From talking to someone last nite it seems that he may not and that McStay is in line to take up the job.

Thoughts?

I am not averse to that, but the CB would need to have a meeting first with the squad/senior players and make sure they are on board with McStay or whoever comes next.
MWWSI 2017

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 26, 2013, 09:43:49 AM

Thoughts?

I think Mayo still have momentum and need to keep that going and build on it.

That will be extremely hard given the professional attitude and setup of recent years and the unprecedented levels of commitment (imo)

Without James Horan, I would say it would be nigh on impossible.

A new manager would have his own ideas on certain things and usually it would take a season to implement. Not sure how many managers have won it in their first year, and what level the team was coming from?
Hasta la victoria siempre

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Tubberman

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Tubberman on September 26, 2013, 10:18:54 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 26, 2013, 10:17:12 AM
Ahem.........Jim Gavin
Pat O'Shea, Mickey Harte, Joe Kernan, John O'Mahony

OK, so totally missed the obvious Gavin - bit addled after a long day at work.

However, the likes of Harte, Kernan, O'Mahony were taking teams coming from lower levels - Armagh lost out in qualifiers in 2001, Tyrone beat by Sligo 2002, Galway didnt get out of Connacht in 97.

For me, only Pat O'Shea would be comparable to what we would be looking for next year (should Horan decide not to stay on - for the record I think he will stay)
Hasta la victoria siempre

mayoman dan

Anyone else hear the rumour that Richie Feeney was on the beer and himself and Horan had to be seperated before the game? Its an awful pity if true as the game was crying out for Feeney. On another topic how would the regular Mayo posters on here like to see things changed for next year bar the obvious of finding 3 Gooch Coopers.Personally i would like to see Vaughan giving a go in midfield beside Seamus with Aidan moved to the forwards.Tom Cunniffe could slot in at no 6 but this would mean young Walsh or Mc Hale would have to be trusted in the corner and im not sure Horan trusts either but the league next year is the place to blood a few new faces.Id also like to see James Burke Evan Regan and Danny Kirby giving a good run to see what they could offer.Where has Tom Parsons gone to he had way to much talent to simply go off the boil????????

Farrandeelin

Quote from: mayoman dan on September 28, 2013, 07:20:00 PM
Anyone else hear the rumour that Richie Feeney was on the beer and himself and Horan had to be seperated before the game? Its an awful pity if true as the game was crying out for Feeney. On another topic how would the regular Mayo posters on here like to see things changed for next year bar the obvious of finding 3 Gooch Coopers.Personally i would like to see Vaughan giving a go in midfield beside Seamus with Aidan moved to the forwards.Tom Cunniffe could slot in at no 6 but this would mean young Walsh or Mc Hale would have to be trusted in the corner and im not sure Horan trusts either but the league next year is the place to blood a few new faces.Id also like to see James Burke Evan Regan and Danny Kirby giving a good run to see what they could offer.Where has Tom Parsons gone to he had way to much talent to simply go off the boil????????

Yeah, I heard there was a war of words alright dan, but I didn't hear the rumour had gone that far. f**k it if it's true.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mayoman dan

Would you like Horan to stay on Farrandeelin?

muppet

@mayoman dan

I'd want to be sure of my facts before I went making comment like that about an individual and naming him on the internet. Either that or I would have lots of money.
MWWSI 2017