Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QUB GAA Research

Hi Everyone,

I am a final year student at QUB, and as part of my course I am required to undertake a group piece of research.
We have chosen to do this on the GAA, and the different reasons on player drop-our rates post age 18 between rural and urban areas.

We would be very greatfull if you could take the time to fill out the survey below (it will literally only take 2 minutes).

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Q8FYCHK

We've got some great feedback so far, and I think the users on this message board can add valuable contributions to the study.
Please feel free to comment/make sussestions on our thread (below) or on the survey about the topic.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=20675.msg1048613#new

Thanks Very much!
Go raibh mile maith agat

FL/MAYO

Mayo4Sam

The Mayo players that featured in the All-Ireland Final win over Dublin were: Sean Warde (Achill); Mick Maloney (Claremorris), George Golden (Kilmeena), Mick Walshe (Claremorris); Niall Heffernan (Ballina), Adrian Garvey (Claremorris, captain), Eddie Melvin (Ballina); TJ Kilgallon (Balla), Martin Joyce (Hollymount); Sean Clarke (Lacken), Jimmy Maughan (Ballinrobe), Andrew McNicholas (Kiltimagh); Kieran O'Malley (Achill), Jimmy Lyons (Aghamore), Eugene Griffin (Davitts).
Subs used: Charles Gilmartin (Kiltimagh) for Maloney; Tom Byrne (Kiltimagh) for J Lyons; L Lyons (Aghamore) for Clarke.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 24, 2012, 04:51:40 PM
The Mayo players that featured in the All-Ireland Final win over Dublin were: Sean Warde (Achill); Mick Maloney (Claremorris), George Golden (Kilmeena), Mick Walshe (Claremorris); Niall Heffernan (Ballina), Adrian Garvey (Claremorris, captain), Eddie Melvin (Ballina); TJ Kilgallon (Balla), Martin Joyce (Hollymount); Sean Clarke (Lacken), Jimmy Maughan (Ballinrobe), Andrew McNicholas (Kiltimagh); Kieran O'Malley (Achill), Jimmy Lyons (Aghamore), Eugene Griffin (Davitts).
Subs used: Charles Gilmartin (Kiltimagh) for Maloney; Tom Byrne (Kiltimagh) for J Lyons; L Lyons (Aghamore) for Clarke.

I was a first year in Colmans Claremorris that year as well, they won the Hogan Cup in 1977, five or six of that panel were on the Colmans team. O'Malley from Achill looked like a nice player.

Farrandeelin

Horan would go to Croker for the refixture with the Dubs I believe. I wonder will the game now be re-fixed for Croke Park or will it go ahead in McHale Park as I expect it to.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 12, 2012, 01:59:16 PM
Horan would go to Croker for the refixture with the Dubs I believe. I wonder will the game now be re-fixed for Croke Park or will it go ahead in McHale Park as I expect it to.

Oh that would please the Mayo supporters (70-80%) who coughed up €13 + €3 for last nights match. Let me guess you work in Dublin?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 12, 2012, 07:06:24 PM

Oh that would please the Mayo supporters (70-80%) who coughed up €13 + €3 for last nights match. Let me guess you work in Dublin?

How on Earth did you guess that? No, I'm a teacher who is covering a maternity leave in Co Sligo. I expect it to go ahead in McHale Park because if the GAA have any common sense at all. I'm just wondering now if it will go on in Croke Park now after Horan's musings.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 12, 2012, 09:10:28 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 12, 2012, 07:06:24 PM

How on Earth did you guess that? No, I'm a teacher who is covering a maternity leave in Co Sligo. I expect it to go ahead in McHale Park because if the GAA have any common sense at all. I'm just wondering now if it will go on in Croke Park now after Horan's musings.

Apologies.  :-[

Farrandeelin

You're grand. So long as you didn't say teaching isn't work or some sort of comment like that :)

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 12, 2012, 11:10:38 PM
You're grand. So long as you didn't say teaching isn't work or some sort of comment like that :)

But sure it's not, is it?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Farrandeelin

Anybody know what's going on with the County Board tickets? I know I have seen in the programmes lately in McHale Park about the Cáirde Mhaigh Eo draw. Do these replace the county board tickets? If so,will only those who have paid €200 go in the draw??

prewtna

county board tickets are out.

clubs have to organise vouchers from local businesses to attach to the tickets to make them easier to sell.

i suggest you get your county board delegate to go to the meetings and report back to ye.

ours didnt and i got a phone call from Paddy Mac regarding same.

i hate fundraising for the county board - shower of @?><:'s

Farrandeelin

Talking to myself over here on the Mayo local section. We like to discuss things out in public, so we do. But I think this is a load of codswallop.
:-\

QuoteAn Open evening for all our supporters will be held in Elverys MacHale Park next Friday 11th May starting at 6.30p.m.

We will have a jam packed exciting evening for you the supporter where you can meet all our managers and players as well as other exciting activities.

Have your face painted in the county colours; meet our senior & minor footballers and our senior hurlers. Get Autographs, jerseys signed etc. Test yourself with the basic skills of our Gaelic games as the Mayo GAA coaches put you through your paces with their skills testing. View all the latest official Mayo GAA merchandise from our main sponsors Elverys Sports. Get a guided tour around the marvellous facilities in MacHale Park. 2011 Stars of the Future launch the 2012 Kellogs Cuil Camps. We will have music on the evening also. After all of that, sit down and relax in our magnificent stand and watch the Mayo Senior Football team as they train on the pitch.

This is an opportunity not to be missed and a memorable night will be had by all in attendance.
The evening kicks off at 6.30p.m. in Elverys MacHale Park, Castlebar.

· 6.30-7.15p.m. - Press Media only with Manager and Players in Press Room.
· 7.15-8.00p.m. - Meet & Greet Managers and Players. Take part in activities on main pitch.
· 8.00-9.00p.m. - Open Mayo Senior Football Team training on main pitch."

Then again, maybe it's just me been cynical about lots of things...

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 04, 2012, 08:34:48 PM
Talking to myself over here on the Mayo local section. We like to discuss things out in public, so we do. But I think this is a load of codswallop.
:-\

QuoteAn Open evening for all our supporters will be held in Elverys MacHale Park next Friday 11th May starting at 6.30p.m.

We will have a jam packed exciting evening for you the supporter where you can meet all our managers and players as well as other exciting activities.

Have your face painted in the county colours; meet our senior & minor footballers and our senior hurlers. Get Autographs, jerseys signed etc. Test yourself with the basic skills of our Gaelic games as the Mayo GAA coaches put you through your paces with their skills testing. View all the latest official Mayo GAA merchandise from our main sponsors Elverys Sports. Get a guided tour around the marvellous facilities in MacHale Park. 2011 Stars of the Future launch the 2012 Kellogs Cuil Camps. We will have music on the evening also. After all of that, sit down and relax in our magnificent stand and watch the Mayo Senior Football team as they train on the pitch.

This is an opportunity not to be missed and a memorable night will be had by all in attendance.
The evening kicks off at 6.30p.m. in Elverys MacHale Park, Castlebar.

· 6.30-7.15p.m. - Press Media only with Manager and Players in Press Room.
· 7.15-8.00p.m. - Meet & Greet Managers and Players. Take part in activities on main pitch.
· 8.00-9.00p.m. - Open Mayo Senior Football Team training on main pitch."

Then again, maybe it's just me been cynical about lots of things...

A knockmore man cynical no way  ;) :D Looking forward to the start of the league and to see how our lads do under Micky Moyles . Fair play to you deelin on keeping us updated on all the league results great joB
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Farrandeelin

There was a nice enough young wan sitting across from me on the bus home last wk deel rover. From crossmolina and all! Didn't bother askin for her nmber as her father was sitting in front of her and I don't know, something about Crossmen I don't trust!