Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mannix

If I call you a coward would you be insulted. Brave man from the safety of a keyboard, who would be yellow if you met brady face to face?would you be so quick to insult the man if he could ask you why you said it and said something like it back to you?
Be constructive and leave this insulting talk to the street boys and others.

stephenite

Ger Brady might be a lot of things but I can assure you that lack of courage is not one of them, it is an insulting thing to say about anyone

rosnarun

its not the fact thats it an insult that bothers any one but that its a childish name calling insult one.
once you play for a conty team you have to accept fair criticism but not personal stuff thay inpinges you family  name and character.
for the record I have never seen ant sign of cowardice in ger brady nor any lack of dedication or detirmination. hes on player who is laways availible to the mayo team com FBD league or what ever I have never seen hinm shirk a challange willingly.
Some time his basic ball handling can let him down but this is often because he plays at such intensity and honestly.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

ludermor

Quote from: rosnarun on June 23, 2007, 07:51:55 AM

Some time his basic ball handling can let him down but this is often because he plays at such intensity and honestly.

Bullshit.
the amount of time he loses the ball in contact is unreal, and nothing to do with intensity honesty. Its down to poor basic skills. as for him being yella, he some man to throw shapes and then run back into his box when anyone comes near him.

stephenite

Quote from: ludermor on June 23, 2007, 01:01:57 PM
he some man to throw shapes and then run back into his box when anyone comes near him.

I assume you have some examples to back this statement up?

ildanach

I heard mayo beat cork by 2 points in ennis in a challenge yesterday. Anyone at it??
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

mannix

Well if they did fair play to them.I hope they draw a big one in the next round, they are able for armagh or similar and its one less worry.If they get a tough one followed by a few ok ones I think we will see a semi again.Never undersetimate the power of a good manager and the will to win now and not later.

Redgreenery

So Mayos fate is to play Cavan, Mayo should win easy and if not questions will be asked.

Davitt Man

Cant wait to see what team is picked this week, with all the late switchs in recent challenges it will be very interesting to see who will be playing where. I still cant understand how we can be making such radical switchs in the middle of june, this should have been done in feb and march...

OirthearMhaigheo

Quote from: rosnarun on June 23, 2007, 07:51:55 AM
its not the fact thats it an insult that bothers any one but that its a childish name calling insult one.
once you play for a conty team you have to accept fair criticism but not personal stuff thay inpinges you family  name and character.
for the record I have never seen ant sign of cowardice in ger brady nor any lack of dedication or detirmination. hes on player who is laways availible to the mayo team com FBD league or what ever I have never seen hinm shirk a challange willingly.

That's fookin hillarious Ros, coming from the man who slags Johnno off on a personal level every chance he gets!!

rosnarun

never a personal insult from me on here .
all insults to the blue shirt have been about
1) his undermining the mayo management from his various media bases over the last few years
2) he blatant using and abusing his football office to gain political advantage (show me another county where Fine gael uses red and  green posters)
£ most fatal of all his crappness as a manger since he was brought backas seen in the two most pathethic displays in major maches ive seen from mayo in a long long time Donegal and Galway. If any one can show me how he has improved the mayo team since he took over i'd love to hear it . the closest he has come so far ids to lose a league final to a pisspoor donegal team and yet this is the messiah we have been promised since 1998 , time for him to walk on water or at turn least a little water into wine

now if youy can find anything genuinly personal in that please tell me where and i will remove it

mannix

What about the resurrection?
Give him a chance and you may be surprised with a Mayo awakening this year.

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: rosnarun on June 26, 2007, 09:20:07 AM
never a personal insult from me on here .
all insults to the blue shirt have been about
1) his undermining the mayo management from his various media bases over the last few years
2) he blatant using and abusing his football office to gain political advantage (show me another county where Fine gael uses red and  green posters)
£ most fatal of all his crappness as a manger since he was brought backas seen in the two most pathethic displays in major maches ive seen from mayo in a long long time Donegal and Galway. If any one can show me how he has improved the mayo team since he took over i'd love to hear it . the closest he has come so far ids to lose a league final to a pisspoor donegal team and yet this is the messiah we have been promised since 1998 , time for him to walk on water or at turn least a little water into wine

now if youy can find anything genuinly personal in that please tell me where and i will remove it
Thats it then. JOM OUT OUT OUT!!!!
Good Christ...

rosnarun

QuoteWhat about the resurrection?
this is the resurrection
40 days shouild been long enouigh for him too
I think we have got Brian on our hands here

OirthearMhaigheo

Ros, you are constantly referring to his life outside of football. This is not a political forum, yet you alwasy refer to him as a blueshirt, you seem to have more of problem with that since you obviously back another party. That has no relevance on this board. The fact that you don't rate him as a manager, despite his track record shows either a) how anti-fine gael you are or b) you haven't a clue about football. I'm inclined to believe both are true since you were saying you thought the Mayo-Cavan game should be cracker. Your statements are the only crackers on here!!