Bit of a quiz

Started by LilyWhiteAllright, December 18, 2006, 11:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperDooperCooper

Sorry to rain on the parade lads but Q.3 has to be Declan O'Keeffe.
Kerry lost the Junior All-Ireland to Mayo in Ennis in 1997 - was at the game as 3 club mates were playing.
On a positive note the Seniors did beat Cavan the following day.
3: Kerry keeper won what All-Ireland in 1997?
Declan O'Keeffe

AZOffaly

I think the question is wrong altogether SooperDooper. I answered Declan O'Keefe first, but Lily was saying that it was the current goalie who won an All Ireland in 1997. I guessed junior, but I think you are right. Kerry won the Junior in 1994, and O'Keefe was in goals, not in 1997. Murphy was probably sub goalie in 1997 though, thereby winning an AI proper :D

StoneWall

LilyWhiteAllright.....Mayo beat Kerry in the 1997 All Ireland Junior final!

SuperDooperCooper

No, AZ Pete the treat (Peter O'Leary) was sub goalie in '97. He didn't get a medal either cos of the 21 medal rule that existed till 1998.
Would have to get the programme from the game to see who was the Kerry goalie in '97 but was probably Murphy.

AZOffaly

I dunno so, Lily must have gotten the question wrong. We have all the answers covered anyway :)

blanketattack

Quote from: SuperDooperCooper on December 19, 2006, 09:28:29 AM
No, AZ Pete the treat (Peter O'Leary) was sub goalie in '97. He didn't get a medal either cos of the 21 medal rule that existed till 1998.
Would have to get the programme from the game to see who was the Kerry goalie in '97 but was probably Murphy.

Weren't Brendan Moran and Ger Cremin, Kerry Junior goalies around that time as well?

Homer

Kerry bet Cavan in an under 21 All Ireland final in 1996  :'( and Diarmuid Murphy was the goalie for Kerry. Maybe that was the mix up?

LilyWhiteAllright

well blame muircheartaigh for that one!  :D

diarmuid murphy sub goalie in 1997? thought he was only on the panle for last 3 years? cud b wrong

and by the way the pic is of shinty sticks from the Ireland Vs Scotland match...

AZOffaly

I'm sure he's there longer than 3 years, but I accept he wasn;t sub goalie  in 1997.