U2 dates postponed after Bono is injured

Started by red hander, May 21, 2010, 06:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red hander

Nice to hear some good news for a change

U2 WERE forced to postpone the next leg of their world tour after singer Bono injured his back, the band said last night.
The singer underwent emergency surgery in Germany after suffering an injury while preparing for the upcoming shows in the US.
Bono, who celebrated his 50th birthday in New York earlier this month, was treated in a Munich hospital.
"Bono will spend the next few days there, before returning home to recuperate," the band said on their website.
Promoters Live Nation said the singer's sudden injury forced the band to pull the plug on the latest U2 360 degree tour launch on June 3, Salt Lake City. The event will be rearranged.
"Once his condition has been assessed further, a statement will be made regarding the impact on forthcoming tour dates," the band added.
U2's manager Paul McGuinness also posted a message to inconvenienced fans on the U2 website insisting the tour dates will be rescheduled.
"The bank were really looking forward to getting back out on the road until the emergency on Bono's back which took place in Munich today," he said.
"We were due to start rehearsals on Tuesday and get the show ready for the next leg. We will make plans to reinstate the dates as soon as possible."

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Expensive injury, considering the cost of the 360 tour...

Looks like Glastonbury's out too, was half looking forward to that.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Tony Baloney

Quote from: red hander on May 21, 2010, 06:47:47 PM
Nice to hear some good news for a change

U2 WERE forced to postpone the next leg of their world tour after singer Bono injured his back, the band said last night.
The singer underwent emergency surgery in Germany after suffering an injury while preparing for the upcoming shows in the US.
Bono, who celebrated his 50th birthday in New York earlier this month, was treated in a Munich hospital.
"Bono will spend the next few days there, before returning home to recuperate," the band said on their website.
Promoters Live Nation said the singer's sudden injury forced the band to pull the plug on the latest U2 360 degree tour launch on June 3, Salt Lake City. The event will be rearranged.
"Once his condition has been assessed further, a statement will be made regarding the impact on forthcoming tour dates," the band added.
U2's manager Paul McGuinness also posted a message to inconvenienced fans on the U2 website insisting the tour dates will be rescheduled.
"The bank were really looking forward to getting back out on the road until the emergency on Bono's back which took place in Munich today," he said.
"We were due to start rehearsals on Tuesday and get the show ready for the next leg. We will make plans to reinstate the dates as soon as possible."
U2 paying off an overdraft?

tyssam5

Can't believe he's carrying his own gear in out of the venues and injuring his back, you'd think they have a couple of roadies?

Shamrock Shore

That's what may happen if you try and lick your own arse  :-\

the colonel

How's that good news? Thousands of fans disadvantaged over the date. Some people just don't like people who make something of their lives.
the difference between success and failure is energy

J OGorman

eggy bread

Quote from: the colonel on May 22, 2010, 12:14:56 AM
How's that good news? Thousands of fans disadvantaged over the date. Some people just don't like people who make something of their lives.

Great band, but stick to singing rather than preaching, or at leat practice what you preach!

sandwiches_in_the_boot

I suspect Bono will wheel himself out onto the Pyramid stage at Glastonbury on the Friday night on a wheel-chair... wait for the intro for 'where the streets have no name' and miraculously ascend to his feet for a blistering set.

They'll be selling Bono miraculous medals at gigs next.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Ulick

the colonel

Quote from: eggy bread on May 22, 2010, 12:35:51 AM

Great band, but stick to singing rather than preaching, or at leat practice what you preach!

When is the last u2 concert you have been at? I have been to gigs on the last two tours, and not once did Bono do this so called 'preaching' he is supposed to do? That doesn't happy anymore.

Outside of work with the band he is passionate about changing some things in the world, which I think he has done. What have you ever done with your life? What good have you ever done
the difference between success and failure is energy

joemamas

Bingo

I saw him about five years ago in New York, about $150 a ticket, he proceeded to talk shit all night, A lot of really pissed off people in the audience.

I have zero desire to see them in concert again, I go to a concert to be entertained not to be lectured to.

Maguire01

Quote from: joemamas on May 22, 2010, 02:04:40 PM

Bingo

I saw him about five years ago in New York, about $150 a ticket, he proceeded to talk shit all night, A lot of really pissed off people in the audience.
Yes, they've had a real problem shifting tickets recently!

red hander

Who? Moi?  Nah, I just have an aversion to crap music and d**khead, pompous singers who on the rare occasions they don't have their heads shoved up their own arseholes speak out of them to lecture me about things I am not responsible for nor have any control over because they are surrounded by sycophants too caught in the glare of their 'fame' to tell them to shut the f**k up and stop talking shite

muppet

Quote from: red hander on May 22, 2010, 06:43:42 PM

Who? Moi?  Nah, I just have an aversion to crap music and d**khead, pompous singers who on the rare occasions they don't have their heads shoved up their own arseholes speak out of them to lecture me about things I am not responsible for nor have any control over because they are surrounded by sycophants too caught in the glare of their 'fame' to tell them to shut the f**k up and stop talking shite

You could just go to Westlife instead, you might enjoy it more.
MWWSI 2017