Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TyroneOnlooker

Lads are you for real. A strength and conditioning coach for a county gaa team on that type of money, you need the heads examined!

Peter Donnelly left the tyrone set up as he asked for a pay rise and didn't get it. I don't think he was on huge money and an Ulster Academy coach wouldn't be huge money either. If you do a bit of research you'll see the likes of physios, S&C guys  etc in professional rugby can get around the £50-60k mark at elite level. You would therefore imagine that an academy coach commands a bit below that.

If tyrone county board or other counties were offering the kind of money some people on here are alleging then surely all the top rugby men would be queuing up to take the job on that salary!

monaghan were happy for him to work full time and be involved in their seniors for a few quid on the side. I imagine the new arrangement with tyrone is something similar and not the previous role he had which was looking after S&C for all county squads.

the goal was on

Yeah but he did leave an elite job in ulster and instead of heading to another elite job he headed to Tyrone. Most people either move to something that pays the same or in many cases more!

square_ball

Jonny Davis also has his own business set up when he left Ulster so working with Tyrone wasn't his sole job.

Taylor

Quote from: square_ball on December 02, 2020, 04:06:12 PM
Jonny Davis also has his own business set up when he left Ulster so working with Tyrone wasn't his sole job.

His part time job paid £100k a year  ;D ;D ;D

square_ball

Quote from: Taylor on December 02, 2020, 04:08:24 PM

Nice to have a bit of pocket money coming in from a wee job on the side.

Taylor

Quote from: square_ball on December 02, 2020, 04:16:53 PM
Quote from: Taylor on December 02, 2020, 04:08:24 PM

Nice to have a bit of pocket money coming in from a wee job on the side.

If you hear of any part time jobs like that give me a shout SQ

In hiding

Johnny Davis got £10,000 for one month.
Not £100000 a year.
The split personality user on here who is dragging this conversation along obviously has some kind of Agenda.
Those of you who are saying that this figure is bullshit are wrong.
And yes it is very embarrassing I'd imagine for those who agreed the rates.

BIGONE

Mikhailov

Very quiet on here since new men appointed. Very happy with the group of men at the helm and expect them to keep us at the top end and push us on a bit if possible. Looking at the Dubs over the weekend, they are going to be hard to topple. They are going to be the team to beat for the next 5 years for certain. Tyrone are one of the few teams who have the capacity to topple them in 1 of the years.

Any word on the panel, is it similar or are there trials upcoming? Are they back out training yet or even in the gym? I assume all lads are doing their own work but if the NFL is due to start in early Feb then pitch work would need to start very soon.

Good luck to all involved for 2021 and beyond

Onthe40

Gilroy spoke very favourably of Tyrone last night on the Sunday Game as being at the top table for the past 20 years without the funding Dubs have got, as an argument against the anti-Dublin brigade..

Angelo

Quote from: Mikhailov on December 07, 2020, 01:19:10 PM
Very quiet on here since new men appointed. Very happy with the group of men at the helm and expect them to keep us at the top end and push us on a bit if possible. Looking at the Dubs over the weekend, they are going to be hard to topple. They are going to be the team to beat for the next 5 years for certain. Tyrone are one of the few teams who have the capacity to topple them in 1 of the years.

Any word on the panel, is it similar or are there trials upcoming? Are they back out training yet or even in the gym? I assume all lads are doing their own work but if the NFL is due to start in early Feb then pitch work would need to start very soon.

Is there not still a lot of uncertainty over when and how the 2021 season will start? Has a decision being made on the calendar and club and county yet?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Angelo on December 07, 2020, 03:00:19 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on December 07, 2020, 01:19:10 PM

Is there not still a lot of uncertainty over when and how the 2021 season will start? Has a decision being made on the calendar and club and county yet?
Think it's still up in the air regarding the 2021 calendar. Last I heard they were considering club going first so Inter County could get fans in during the second half of the season.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Onthe40 on December 07, 2020, 02:43:02 PM
Gilroy spoke very favourably of Tyrone last night on the Sunday Game as being at the top table for the past 20 years without the funding Dubs have got, as an argument against the anti-Dublin brigade..

As far as I'm aware, Gilroy's granny was a burnt-out-of-Belfast refugee to Dublin in the 1920s, which might explain his relative lack of antipathy towards nordies like us over the years.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

inowbest

A lot of cars round Garvaghy yesterday. Senior team running trials. Anyone any info on who was there? How many men got trials, any new men stand out?

TwoUpTwoDown

Aidan McRory held Lee Brennan scoreless apparently...say what you want about him but he's a solid enough man marker. Just not the most gifted footballer.