Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 24, 2019, 07:20:30 PM
Quote from: bannside on November 24, 2019, 03:55:28 PM
There is more than a chance that none of the above mentioned are squeaky clean, especially with the stakes so high. But there is a big difference in being part of a plan to make it difficult for outside investors to come in, and the kind of treatment metered out to Kevin Lunney. Someone was paying someone to carry out highly illegal acts of destruction and thuggery. Someone with both means and motive. Time will tell just who was the instigator behind this long reign of terror.....because someone was!

The attacks that prevented outside investors like Lagan were disgusting as well. There's nothing to show McCartin was directly involved but the emails would make you wonder what he did know.
I'll agree it's only a matter of time before they get the people involved. And that should be welcomed. I doubt this is the last article regarding this.
Not sure they will get them.  The outrage at Lunney's torture and press coverage may make it all go away.
Regardless as to who the paymaster was, if it was career criminals or dissidents doing the dirty work it will take forensics to secure a conviction and they probably have covered their asses in that regard.  Ultimately if all the intimidation stops, everyone moves on and the media get offside then  the psni/gardai won't give a feck or waste many resources on what is essentially a commercial dispute

southtyronegael

Holy shit! After Mickey harte backing Sean Quinn now one of the hartes charged with lunnys kidnap!

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 26, 2019, 12:45:49 PM
Holy shit! After Mickey harte backing Sean Quinn now one of the hartes charged with lunnys kidnap!

Behave yourself.

Angelo

Did anyone hear something about a well known political Cavan family being involved?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Itchy

GetOverTheBar

Angelo

Wouldn't suspect SQ would get his hands dirty but I did hear a relative of a well known Cavan political family was questioned for their role in the Lunney attack.

Was wondering if there is anything to it or of anyone heard similar?

Angelo

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 26, 2019, 02:26:32 PM
Political or "Political"

One of the 26 establishment parties is what I've been told.

heffo

Quote from: Angelo on November 26, 2019, 02:10:53 PM
Did anyone hear something about a well known political Cavan family being involved?

There's a well known political Cavan family?

Itchy

Quote from: heffo on November 26, 2019, 02:37:55 PM

Apparently so. Next week where is Shergar, who shot the Pope and what was Sean Quinn doing as the grassy knoll.

Angelo

Yes.

Cavan19

This is all going to make a great film some day.

johnnycool

Quote from: Angelo on November 26, 2019, 02:46:50 PM

Yes.

Is this the person they cannot name for legal reasons?

"The men are Luke O'Reilly (66), Mullahoran Lower, Kilcogy, Co Cavan; Alan O'Brien (38), Shelmalier Road, East Wall, Dublin 3; Darren Redmond (25), Caledon Road, East Wall and another man in his 30s who cannot be named for legal reasons and by order of the court."

Angelo

Quote from: johnnycool on November 27, 2019, 12:11:35 PM

Yes.

"The men are Luke O'Reilly (66), Mullahoran Lower, Kilcogy, Co Cavan; Alan O'Brien (38), Shelmalier Road, East Wall, Dublin 3; Darren Redmond (25), Caledon Road, East Wall and another man in his 30s who cannot be named for legal reasons and by order of the court."

Don't think so, the person they can't name is up on a murder charge.

It's the mother and son who I've heard are connected to a well known political family in Cavan, I think the mother was brought in connection with buying credit for phones that were used in the Lunney kidnapping.

Mourne Red

Quote from: Angelo on November 28, 2019, 10:41:52 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on November 27, 2019, 12:11:35 PM

Yes.

Don't think so, the person they can't name is up on a murder charge.

It's the mother and son who I've heard are connected to a well known political family in Cavan, I think the mother was brought in connection with buying credit for phones that were used in the Lunney kidnapping.

Wonder which one of them will tell the Guards that Quinn Jr is the paymaster