2018 National Football League Division 4

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 14, 2017, 11:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laoiseabu

OTF

No no don't tell us yet ...November is a horrible month keep it going till December

brandyandPORT

Quote from: O moore parklife on November 18, 2017, 08:34:54 AM
Quote from: brandyandPORT on November 17, 2017, 11:38:56 PM
Quote from: O moore parklife on November 17, 2017, 06:02:13 PM
Quote from: brandyandPORT on November 17, 2017, 03:34:59 PM
Quote from: O moore parklife on November 16, 2017, 11:34:25 PM
Quote from: brandyandPORT on November 16, 2017, 07:13:40 PM
Kingston is a massive loss  :'(

Looking at where a primary scoring forward will emerge from will be intriguing.

I think Sugrue made some good choices in picking his back room team.
I think paul Kingston Gary walsh and Alan farrell will step up
Besiides eoin Kearns and stack who else is in there???

Sorry but your talking of replacing Donie with 2 players who were not regular starters under the previous 3 managers, And another who spent the majority of his time with Laois in his own half working (obviously in a role he was asked to play by the previous manager)????

Paul Kingston- Talented footballer, Incredible at times. but hasn't the same physical presence or scoring volume of his sibling

Gary Walsh- Good, But wont contribute the scores Donie has.

Alan Farrell- A workhorse forward, Good skillset but not a prolific scorer.

Maybe this system will suit them, and allow them to flourish.

Kearns could have took any of the other Laois gigs on his own merit.

Stack knows that group, and will have better guidance on the direction of the team than he had with his previous time with Laois

Brendan Delaney-Reportedly very good, and has previously worked with John, It must be said trust in any managerial setup is key !!!

The S&C guy has come from left of field, so I cant comment, as I know very little on him

Think that's the lot.

Good info thanks for that a lad on trials said there was one more in there fella from cork supposed to be very good.
God no im not on about replacing donnie cause you cant really but i think those lads could step up and do a job. They wont score as much but will work.

Was talking to one of the lad I know that was in for trials, Seemingly it's Brian Breen, I'd say he's only in to Ref the in house games, as he would be barely capable of that let alone any other task!!!

Well if we can't replace Donie's scores, We will be in a world of bother in the championship, as he scored the majority of our scores last year!!!!!!

On the transfer saga, are we looking at a big name down that side???
Ah brian breen na i doubt he is in reffing saw mousey moore myself doing a few of those matches he was moving well to be fsir. Thats Brian breen from o Dempseys i presume 2 good years under the belt promotion and leage pleasant to deal with from all accounts im guessing with PORT being in your username its local rivalry. Lets be positive give lads a chance before cutting the legs from under them

Promoting a senior team back to senior as a selector is hardly a massive achievement???

Not in anyway connected to local rivalry, but I just feel he lacks the caliber to be involved in any inter-county setup.

Will it effect our county team this transfer  ????

O moore parklife

Quote from: brandyandPORT on November 18, 2017, 03:44:30 PM
Quote from: O moore parklife on November 18, 2017, 08:34:54 AM
Quote from: brandyandPORT on November 17, 2017, 11:38:56 PM
Quote from: O moore parklife on November 17, 2017, 06:02:13 PM
Quote from: brandyandPORT on November 17, 2017, 03:34:59 PM
Quote from: O moore parklife on November 16, 2017, 11:34:25 PM
Quote from: brandyandPORT on November 16, 2017, 07:13:40 PM
Kingston is a massive loss  :'(

Looking at where a primary scoring forward will emerge from will be intriguing.

I think Sugrue made some good choices in picking his back room team.
I think paul Kingston Gary walsh and Alan farrell will step up
Besiides eoin Kearns and stack who else is in there???

Sorry but your talking of replacing Donie with 2 players who were not regular starters under the previous 3 managers, And another who spent the majority of his time with Laois in his own half working (obviously in a role he was asked to play by the previous manager)????

Paul Kingston- Talented footballer, Incredible at times. but hasn't the same physical presence or scoring volume of his sibling

Gary Walsh- Good, But wont contribute the scores Donie has.

Alan Farrell- A workhorse forward, Good skillset but not a prolific scorer.

Maybe this system will suit them, and allow them to flourish.

Kearns could have took any of the other Laois gigs on his own merit.

Stack knows that group, and will have better guidance on the direction of the team than he had with his previous time with Laois

Brendan Delaney-Reportedly very good, and has previously worked with John, It must be said trust in any managerial setup is key !!!

The S&C guy has come from left of field, so I cant comment, as I know very little on him

Think that's the lot.

Good info thanks for that a lad on trials said there was one more in there fella from cork supposed to be very good.
God no im not on about replacing donnie cause you cant really but i think those lads could step up and do a job. They wont score as much but will work.

Was talking to one of the lad I know that was in for trials, Seemingly it's Brian Breen, I'd say he's only in to Ref the in house games, as he would be barely capable of that let alone any other task!!!

Well if we can't replace Donie's scores, We will be in a world of bother in the championship, as he scored the majority of our scores last year!!!!!!

On the transfer saga, are we looking at a big name down that side???
Ah brian breen na i doubt he is in reffing saw mousey moore myself doing a few of those matches he was moving well to be fsir. Thats Brian breen from o Dempseys i presume 2 good years under the belt promotion and leage pleasant to deal with from all accounts im guessing with PORT being in your username its local rivalry. Lets be positive give lads a chance before cutting the legs from under them

Promoting a senior team back to senior as a selector is hardly a massive achievement???

Not in anyway connected to local rivalry, but I just feel he lacks the caliber to be involved in any inter-county setup.

Will it effect our county team this transfer  ????
Ah that's fair enough thought he was a S and C coach doubt a lad with little experience would be a selector probably just giving a hand out. Anyone willing to go in and give a dig out with things they way they are has my respect best of luck to them all in there. Hopfully port get a few lads in there colm murphy might step up for donnie with a bit of coaching.

Unlaoised

LAOIS ABÚ

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Great to see loads of new lads joining the panel this year, shows that we still have guys out there who want Laois football to improve. Best of luck to all involved...

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/12/03/number-new-players-mix-laois-footballers-prepare-new-season/
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

SCFC

Is this Donie K to Athy story anyway true?
Seems they want to add him to Cathal McCarron and make a real push for Kildare championship

Don Draper

McCarron should fit right in in Athy, hasn't he acclimatised nicely from his trips to Nass not so long ago.

SCFC

Quote from: Don Draper on December 05, 2017, 10:55:22 AM

McCarron should fit right in in Athy, hasn't he acclimatised nicely from his trips to Nass not so long ago.
Kildare Town. He knows the lie of the land alright.

The Monument Road

Quote from: SCFC on December 05, 2017, 10:51:19 AM
Seems they want to add him to Cathal McCarron and make a real push for Kildare championship
not a hope in hell of donie joining Athy. .he will be back with the panel come springtime. ..he needed a break

SCFC

Quote from: The Monument Road on December 05, 2017, 02:39:49 PM
Quote from: SCFC on December 05, 2017, 10:51:19 AM
not a hope in hell of donie joining Athy. .he will be back with the panel come springtime. ..he needed a break
Good. Just a rumour I heard.

Uisce

I hear there is upwards of 55 lads in with Laois at the minute, a good number of the Portlaoise lads in too. A good balance of youth and experience, will be interesting to see who makes the cut. I assume there will be a significant cull some time soon, good for lads to get exposure to the set up but must be a pain to manage training with that number!

Butch Cassidy

Does the 55 include the u20s Uisce? That new rule will be interesting whereby u20s can only play u20 or senior. Does anyone know if this is only for championship?

Any word on any challenge games?

Unlaoised

Playing some sort of 3 team tournament among themselves this weekend or next I think ...

Just shy of 60 in there and all turning in for every session.

David Conway calling it a day I hear....

McMahon and Donoher are considering retirement.

Rest are back apart from Donie....Brian Glynn from Portlaoise is in there and flying it I heard!

LAOIS ABÚ

SCFC

Quote from: Unlaoised on December 07, 2017, 12:13:27 PM
Playing some sort of 3 team tournament among themselves this weekend or next I think ...

Just shy of 60 in there and all turning in for every session.

David Conway calling it a day I hear....

McMahon and Donoher are considering retirement.

Rest are back apart from Donie....Brian Glynn from Portlaoise is in there and flying it I heard!
Not sure that's accurate in relation to Niall Donoher.