Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galer

Has woodlands had a revamp? Years since i was at it

BrendanAntrim

Yes the top pitch is now 3g (or more likely 4G) and is floodlit.

delgany

Space for about 40 spectators

imtommygunn

delgany

Aye.. st Mary's would bring at least 40  students !

paddyjohn

Good news that Woodlands gets a game, a very good set up.

Some of those who have left the place may want to see it again aslong as they don't insult the natives.

johnneycool

Quote from: paddyjohn on December 08, 2017, 10:52:59 AM
Good news that Woodlands gets a game, a very good set up.

Some of those who have left the place may want to see it again aslong as they don't insult the natives.

Very good spot at Beechmout, Coláiste Feirste, 3G floodlit pitch although the bare minimum length ways, 130 metres I presume as one line was for both 65's.
Dead on for kids though.

Milltown Row2

Davitts i think have bought into that also. all to be developed
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Thought Davits had found a spot up behind Corpus Christie college?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on December 08, 2017, 12:47:12 PM
Thought Davits had found a spot up behind Corpus Christie college?

Oh? the old school all weather pitches of my old school?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Michael Davitt GAC are proud to announce that work on our new pitch (in collaboration with Corpus Christie College) and associated facilities started earlier this week.

Throughout our illustrious 105 year history, Michael Davitt GAC has never had a pitch that we could really call home but now our dream will soon come true.

It has been a long and arduous journey to get to this stage but the commitment and determination of our club committee, and in particular our chairman Tommy Shaw, to realise our goals never ceased.

With the help of local Sinn Féin councillors, particularly Cllr Ciaran Beattie and Cllr Jim McVeigh, Sinn Féin MLA Fra McCann, our local MP Paul Maskey, Belfast City Council, schools, the local Parish, Diocese, Space & Place, BIFFA and local residents, a barren piece of land that once blighted the area will soon be a state of the art facility, benefiting the whole community. We would like to offer our thanks to you all for your assistance and support. Without you all this project would not have been possible.

Go raibh míle maith agaibh.

This £1.5m project will consist of a full size Gaelic pitch complete with spectator stand, changing rooms, hurling wall, 4G training pitch with floodlights, car park, children's playground, outdoor gym and highway to health walkway/TRIM trail and should complete in approx 44 weeks.

We welcome the co-operation, understanding and support from the residents of St Marys Gardens over the upcoming weeks.

Finally, we look forward to providing a hub for our beloved sports to the local community and beyond.

Davitts Abú

Milltown Row2

Great stuff and a new area that hasnt got a traditional Gaa following, if I'm being honest, so hopefully they can tap into the local schools and encourage more boys and girls to play GAA..

Having grown up around there myself there wasnt much Gaa going on, the local prrimary school didnt even have a team.

having went to a CBS primary we'd nothing else but GAA, with Davitts funny enough doing a lot of work as they were the nearest based club to the school... Beechmount had a mixture of Rossa, Davitts, couple of Johnnies lads, struggling now to think, and there wasnt more than a handfull of families that played in that whole area, which on reflection is poor, considering the numbers, around 5,500 people living there

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 08, 2017, 02:39:33 PM
Great stuff and a new area that hasnt got a traditional Gaa following, if I'm being honest, so hopefully they can tap into the local schools and encourage more boys and girls to play GAA..

Having grown up around there myself there wasnt much Gaa going on, the local prrimary school didnt even have a team.

having went to a CBS primary we'd nothing else but GAA, with Davitts funny enough doing a lot of work as they were the nearest based club to the school... Beechmount had a mixture of Rossa, Davitts, couple of Johnnies lads, struggling now to think, and there wasnt more than a handfull of families that played in that whole area, which on reflection is poor, considering the numbers, around 5,500 people living there

Crisis!

country bumpkin

Can recall the Davitts in div one......looks like the Twinbrook men mean business...smashing news..

bannside

Great stuff Davitts. Fantastic news for the gaels in the area and something that will help promote our national games in an area big into soccer. Another good news story.